Loser

Stay With Me, Because We Belong Together

The first time Hanna came face to face with Chaerin while celebrating Jihoon’s birthday the next morning, Hanna did not know how to face Chaerin. She did not know how to cope with a Chaerin who appeared to be smiling but was broken inside. Hanna was at such a loss that she even found an excuse to leave early from the celebration so as to not face Chaerin directly.

 

Instead of fulfilling her excuse of meeting her group members to discuss a project, Hanna headed to find Siyeon, Manseol and Eunyoung. Anyone who saw her now knew that she was in a bad state, what’s more her close friends Siyeon, Manseol and Eunyoung. She was slightly pale, disorientated, had a little bit of puffy eyes and often breathed out deep sighs. The moment the three of them saw Hanna, they knew something was wrong. Hanna eventually opened to start talking to them:

 

Hanna: Eunyoung. I was right. I was right all along. I knew it.

Eunyoung: Wha-what are you talking about? I don’t get it.

Hanna: I’m talking about Jiyong and Chaerin. I was right Eunyoung, I was right.

Eunyoung: You-you. WHAT?

Manseol: Guys, explain please?

Siyeon: Hanna, you fell for Jiyong even though you said you would never right? And then?

 

Hanna told the entire story to Eunyoung, Siyeon and Manseol. They were all in disbelief that Jiyong and Chaerin would do such a thing to Hanna, especially how the entire school knows how close the Iron Triangle was. They were starting to imagine all the different emotions passing through Hanna through the entire story, and Manseol even started crying as she felt bad for Hanna, while Hanna was trying her best not to let any tears escape her eyes. The four ended up huddled together, Eunyoung, Siyeon and Manseol all trying to comfort Hanna, even though they would never be able to understand fully what she was going through, they wanted to be there for her at this trying time of her life.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Day in and day out, Hanna buried herself in her school commitments. She just kept on concentrating on assignments and projects that were all due before the one-week vacation in a week and a half’s time. By the time the school term ended, on that very Friday night, Hanna was alone in her bedroom that night. For the past one week or so, she thought that she was beginning to get over everything, but she was wrong. All she did was constantly running forward without stopping at all. Now that she came to a stop, everything that happened came back to her like a tsunami and she broke down that very night.

 

Ever since she knew the truth, she had only teared, but she never bawled. This time, she bawled. She felt that she was the worst friend ever, to be the reason why her two best friends would break up when they do like each other. More than that, other emotions raged through her soul that same night, like disappointment, frustration and betrayal. All Hanna could do was just cry and told herself this was the only time she was going to allow herself to be that way.

 

“Loser, loner, a coward who pretends to be tough,

a mean delinquent. In the mirror, you’re

Just a loser, a loner, a jackass covered in scars,

dirty trash. In the mirror, I’m a-

 

Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world

I was always alone

It’s been a long time since I’ve forgotten about love

I can’t listen to hopeful love songs anymore

You and me both,

We’re just sad clowns, tamed and scripted

I’ve come too far, I’m coming home

I wanna go back to when I was young

I wanna go back to how it was before

 

At some point,

I’ve gotten scared of people’s eyes

I’m sick of crying so I tried smiling

But no one recognizes me.”

 

After that fateful night when Hanna broke down, she picked herself up and did not allow herself to break down like that ever again. She was determined to put everything back into their original places.

__________________________________________________________________________________

However, there were times when her heart betrayed her mind.

 

Every day she wore around her neck a necklace stringing all three pendants that represented her, Jiyong and Chaerin. She still could not let go of this friendship she had treasured so much. They had been her friendship goal ever since the confession. The friends she thought she would go through life together as a trio, not with both of them separately. In the nights, she would clutch it close and let streams of tears escape her eyes, not knowing how she should be feeling, reacting, or even living her life on the surface of matters.

The feeling that she wanted to love but could not love, wanted to hate but could not hate. Siyeon, Manseol and Eunyoung called her a saint for not hating them, and even wanting to remain by their side. But all Hanna thought of everyday was, "How could I be a saint? Everyday I'm thinking about this, new revelations everyday even. Exasperation. The only word that actually expresses what I feel. It is some sort of betrayal, but yet, there is no betrayal in this. There is none of that. So why am I not getting over it? Maybe because it was never meant to go down like this, maybe it was never meant to end.”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Hanna, there’s a letter for you in the mail today. I’ve left it on your table. There’s a logo on the envelope that looks really familiar but I just can’t remember where I saw it.” Hanna’s omma told her the moment she stepped into the house after school one afternoon.

 

Hanna wearily walked into her bedroom and closed the door behind her. She threw her bag on her chair and picked up the thin and sleek envelope placed on her table. Her eyes opened wide when she saw the envelope. YG Entertainment.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: HI EVERYONE! I noticed from the comments that the impression of Chaerin and Jiyong isn't getting very good. But believe me, that's not my intention at all. I'm just sharing this story with everyone so please take it lightly! The people Chaerin and Jiyong are based on are not that bad, but like what some said, this fanfic is really centred around Hanna. I'M REALLY SORRY FOR THAT. For this story, I see it the best from Hanna's point of view, and even when writing the fanfic, parts for Hanna come out very easily, while for Chaerin's and Jiyong's PoV I find myself staring at my computer screen before trying to squeeze something out after some imagination. REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT MY READERS! Nonetheless, I hope everyone has been enjoying this read as much as I have enjoyed writing it. It's ending soon, so stay tuned! Hope to finish this by next Wednesday as it's a special day kekeke. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! THANK YOUUU :)