Confession?

Stay With Me, Because We Belong Together

The next day in school, Hanna and Chaerin carried on their discussion on this. However, Hanna was still unable to come to a decision. Hence, Hanna decided to try test Jiyong a little bit during their daily studying session.

 

Hanna: “Hey oppa can I ask you a question?”

Jiyong: “Yeah shoot.”

Hanna: “If you had a choice in knowing a white lie that is seemingly happy, or a really cruel truth, which would you choose?”

Jiyong: “I would choose to know the truth. Id rather take the hard truth than to live in a lie.”

Hanna: “Really? Not even when the truth could potentially hurt you?”

Jiyong: “Yeap. I would rather know the cold and cruel truth in all situations.”

Hanna: “Ohh…okay then.”

 

Jiyong shot Hanna a puzzled look, but Hanna did not take her eyes off her books as soon as the conversation ended. Although it looks like she was being a model student, diligently revising, she was not. She was in fact just staring at the words on her books and notes as though they were written in a foreign language. Though she was surrounded by books and knowledge she needed to acquire, her mind was only filled with one thing.

__________________________________________________________________________________

That very night, Chaerin received a text from Hanna:

 

Okay, here goes nothing. Im going to tell him that I like him. But I dont have the guts to tell him face to face so Ill write a letter. Oh my god am I really going to do this, Chaerin-ah?

 

Chaerin sighed deeply and replied with another text:

Great! Ill be here supporting you dont worry! Just go for it! Fighting!

__________________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Hanna rushed home after school, even cancelling on her study date with Jiyong and Chaerin. She took out all her materials to make the friendship bands she promised them, for the reason why she was afraid to confess was that this friendship between Jiyong and her would be greatly affected, and that was something she didn't want to happen. Hence, she decided to make three friendship bands, one for each Jiyong, Chaerin and her in hope that nothing would change. 

 

When she was done with the bracelets, she started writing the letters, even one for Chaerin so as not to make it suspicious:

 

Hey Chaerin!

I know you're dying to know what's in that letter he's holding but yeah it is what you think it is. You can ask him to show it to you after if he's okay with it. But anyway that is secondary here HAHAHA. 

Thanks for being there for me. You know, listening to me talk rubbish and all. It really is amazing how you know whatever I feel before I do. And of course, you gave me strength to do this as well. But can I just say how worried, nervous and scared I am.

I'm really thankful that we're still friends after all these years, and I know that we will be for the rest of our lives. Words can't even express how happy I am to know we're in the same school once again.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"So when are you going to give him the letter?" asked Chaerin. Hanna and Chaerin were in the school library together that afternoon studying for an upcoming Chemistry test. 

 

Hanna: Actually. I have it with me now. But. I have no guts to give it to him.

Chaerin: What on earth- Yah. Hanna-yah, you have already done this much. It's just passing the letter to him-

Hanna: But it's also the most decisive step isn't it. That's why I'm so afraid and hesitant about giving it.

Chaerin: Then what are you going to do. Are you really not going to give it when you've already written out the whole letter?

Hanna: I don't know. Do you want to give it for me. Since you guys are going for dinner tonight.

Chaerin: Yeah okay.

Hanna: On a brighter note, the friendship band is in the envelope. I used a lot of time and effort to make it okay. Be appreciative about it psh.

Chaerin: Hahaha okay fine I'll be appreciative.

Chaerin says it sarcastically, earning a hard stare from Hanna which causes laughter to seep through Chaerin's lips.