Act Like Nothing's Wrong

Stay With Me, Because We Belong Together

Thanks to Chaerin’s quirky idea, Hanna started laughing again to the relief of Chaerin and Jiyong. Hence, Chaerin and Jiyong decided to keep acting as a couple even in front of Hanna to entertain her and keep her happy. However, with the passing of time, things started to change.


Initially, when the ‘Iron Triangle’ was first formed, Hanna felt like it was the best thing that happened to her. Having both of her best of all best friends together with her in one trio, it made her feel like life was great and enjoyable.  When Jiyong and Chaerin first started acting as though they were together, it was purely just a source of entertainment for the three of them. However for Hanna, at some point in time, she started to feel uncomfortable with this whole situation. 
 

Hanna had always thought that to her, Jiyong and Chaerin were just her best friends, soul mates, siblings-they-never-had and nothing else. But yet, at this stage of their lives when they thought their friendship could last till the end of time without any glitches, Hanna started getting confused about what she truly felt.


Jiyong had always been there for her when she needed support. But to Hanna, she thought she saw Jiyong only as a best friend, an older brother and nothing more. But with this hard time, and him constantly caring about her so attentively, she felt her heart changing. Not only was she not thinking of her troubles about Dongchan, she started thinking more about Jiyong. However, to Hanna, she felt like all this that she was feeling and thinking of was wrong.
 

In a friendship that Hanna was always able to say anything she wanted to, for the first time she felt like a mute. She could not bring herself to say anything to either Chaerin or Jiyong about her feelings as she did in the past. She felt like this entire friendship could crumble just because of her one foolish action. Hanna was in a huge dilemma, not knowing what to do.


To put up a front to what she was feeling, Hanna acted along with Chaerin and Jiyong, who were already at a point where they acted for no particular reason, but just because they felt like it. Hanna started teasing them as if they were a real couple, just like how it would have always been in the ‘Iron Triangle’, just that this time, Hanna felt different inside. There were times she almost lost control of her own feelings in confusion when the 3 of them went out together. Was it jealousy she felt? Hanna had absolutely no idea. She felt like she had never experienced such a complicated feeling before, one that seemed so precarious.
__________________________________________________________________________________
*a phone call between Hanna and Chaerin*
Hanna: “Chaerin-ah, I have something to tell you.”
Chaerin: “What is it?”
Hanna: “I don’t know how to say this. UGHHH.”
Chaerin: “Just say it. OH I KNOW. You like Jiyong right *laughs*”
Hanna: “…do you have any idea how scary you are. How on earth do you always know my own feelings before I do myself.”
Chaerin: “Wait so you do like Jiyong?”
Hanna: “I’m not sure, but I guess…I guess I do.”
Chaerin: “OH MY GOD AWWWW. Just go confess to him please.”
Hanna: “How am I supposed to do that? What if I come clean about it, and everything ends? I don’t want to lose him as a friend, as a close oppa I have.”
Chaerin: “But well you’ve got to tell him right. Would he like it if you keep it from him?”
Hanna: “I guess not. *sighs* I’ll think about it more.”
Chaerin: “Okay then, tell me when you’ve decided okay!”
Hanna: “Yeah okay. Hey I’ve got to go, haven’t finished all my assignments yet.”
Chaerin: “Me too haha see you tomorrow!”
Hanna: “See you!”
*call ends*

 

Chaerin sighs when the phone call ends. She started muttering to herself, “I knew it. I knew she likes Jiyong. What am I going to do now?” With that loss of direction, Chaerin started weeping to herself in her bedroom.