Nine

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi Miss, may I speak to you for a moment?" 

"Who are you? I only speak to my customers. Pay me and then I'll speak to you. If not, buzz off and don't waste my time."

Yoseob winced as the lady flicked her cigarette carelessly, the stray ash flying towards Yoseob's direction.
Pursing his lips, he calmed himself down and dust away the ashes. 

"I'll pay you, so can we step out for a few words?" He flashed a wad of cash in her direction. 

With her smokey and heavily lined eyes, Yoseob gagged as she parted her devil red lips to reveal yellowish teeth as she smiled. 
"Alright, this way then." 

Yoseob limped after her and when they reached an empty clearing, a short distance away from the club that they were in, he inhaled deeply, grateful for the fresh night air. 

"So what do you want to talk about? ? Or imaginary talk where I pretend to be your lost love or something?"

"Miss, I'll go straight to the point so as to not waste your precious hours of earning money. You told the police that a year ago, a man called Junhyung drugged your drink and forced you into doing... doing acts that you were unwilling to do. Is that true?"

The lady squirmed uncomfortably and glared menancingly, "What has that got to do with you?"

"Please miss. Just tell me the truth. I'll pay you more! Just tell me the truth..please!" 

"I'll not take your money. Leave and don't ever come back. I won't be nice to you if you continue bugging me." With that, the lady turned and walked away in her killer heels. 

Yoseob tried to catch up by limping even faster but the lady was too fast. 
It seemed that she was flustered and was trying to escape from Yoseob as fast as possible.

However, Yoseob was determined and even when he was denied access back to the club, he sat at the stairs near the only entrance and exit of the club to wait.
He was determined to chase after the lady after her work and make her speak the truth. 
He needed to know the truth. 
The past week was tough for him as he put up in a small motel, calling another policeman friend of his to secretly reveal the "victim's" names. 
He had begged and begged before Kikwang finally 'accidentally' let slipped one of the names and her working location.
That person was that lady and Yoseob was not going to give up. Not when he had a little headway.
He needed to know the truth.
That Junhyung was framed, that Doojoon had wrong evidences, that Junhyung was innocent. 
He needed to know it, to confirm it, to prove Doojoon wrong. 

What he didn't know was that the lady is extremely concerned and worried by Yoseob's presence and question.
What he didn't know was that the lady was making an urgent phone call to someone now when she saw that he was still waiting for her outside.
What he didn't know was that the lady is getting help from someone who is now very curious and interested by Yoseob's appearance.

Just 15 minutes into his wait, Yoseob saw two sleek, black cars stopped infront of the club. 
As the people alighted, Yoseob stood up, sensing something wrong.
It didn't take long for the group of six people to gather around him and he saw a seventh man, very obviously their leader, approaching him slowly. 

"Now, now, who do we have here?"

"Who are you and what do you want?" Yoseob retorted, chin held up high. He didn't want to display any signs of fear although his knuckles were white from gripping his walking stick so tightly.

"Nevermind what I want. Let's talk about what you want...I heard you were interested in the truth of a certain Yong Jun Hyung and his.. fun with another lady." 

Yoseob's curiosity was at it's peak as he stared at the man. He looked like he was of the same age as Junhyung but his eyes had no trace of warmth.
The man's lips were curved upwards but in a threatening manner. It most definitely wasn't a smile. 

"Yes I am, and would you know the truth....?" Yoseob asked cautiously. 

"I don't tell people things that they know for free. So answer my question first. Who are you?" 

"I'm Doojoon. I'm working on capturing Junhyung but as you can see, my leg is hurt so I've been suspended. But I want to know more." Yoseob lied, careful not to reveal who he was, very aware that the man that stood infront of him was most probably a foe and not a friend.

"Police huh? Are you sure?" 

"Why would I lie?" 

"I don't know why actually... But recently, some of my men who are working under me told me something interesting. Care to listen?" 

Yoseob stared back at the man's sinister looking eyes and intense stare. He saw mockery and amusement but he wasn't going to back off. 
Yoseob knew that any sign of fear would just give this man more satisfaction t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter