Four

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is this about?!" Yoseob shouted angrily as he rushed into what used to be Junhyung's room. 

"This is the police doing their job. We have a search warrant, Yoseob." Doojoon replied calmly, arms crossed and leaning against the room's door.
He had left Yoseob's office in anger and he had called for his team regarding the latest news of Junhyung.
Now, the whole team was searching for clues in the room, messing the whole place up. 

"Put that down! You are not allowed to touch that!" Yoseob hollered at one of Doojoon's colleagues who was looking through the pillow cases.
"What are you doing?!" He yelled at another who was cutting the seams of the blanket and checking the insides of it.
"Stop that!" He roared to another who was breaking Junhyung's unqiue clock into pieces, scanning through the different parts. 

"Doojoon, stop this, please! I'm begging you!" Yoseob was desperate as he held on to Doojoon's crossed arm, shaking it, urging Doojoon to listen to him.

That only made Doojoon more furious and he shoved Yoseob aside and ordered everyone, "Make sure you guys leave no stones unturned. Search every single inch of this room." 

Yoseob watched with horrified eyes as the police team continued in their damaging search inside Junhyung's room.
He couldn't believe this was happening and his head started spinning.
He wished he was able to push everyone out of the room, out of the hospice.
He wished he could have the strength to punch all the trained and fit men in the room. 
He wished he could have the power to prevent all of them from even being in the room.
He had wanted to retain whatever was left in Junhyung's room. It was all that he had to remember Junhyung by. 
Yet, now it was being wrecked and soon, there would be nothing left. 

Painfully and slowly, the search process gradually came to a stop as the team realised with much disappointment that nothing could be found.
Junhyung was too careful, he had not left behind any clue that could lead to him. 

"Sir, there's nothing. Everything has been turned over and searched." One of them reported to Doojoon.
Yoseob watched as Doojoon clenched his fist in anger. He saw the narrowing of the eyes and he knew, Doojoon was not going to give up.
He knew Doojoon. He felt that determined aura in him and his fear grew as he remembered something.
He was about to turn and leave but it was too late.

"Search him." Doojoon pointed to Yoseob.

It wasn't long before Yoseob was held down by two men and another was searching Yoseob's pockets, socks and even shoes. 
And that was when they found it. The envelope. 

Yoseob thrashed about futilely as the man passed the envelope to Doojoon.
Tears had started to fall out of his eyes as he started begging Doojoon. 

"Doojoon ah, it's just a letter. It would not have any clue. Return it to me after you've read it. Please. Just do this one favour for me." 

Doojoon raised an eyebrow at Yoseob's words as he took the envelope. 
Opening the letter, he read. It was short, it was succinct.
It held no clue. It held no lead. 
But he was raging in his heart. 

How dare Junhyung. This lowly wanted man. How dare he claim Yoseob for himself.

Looking at Yoseob straight in the eyes, he whispered, "You don't need this anyway" and he tored the letter into multiple minute pieces and threw them in the air. 

Yoseob gasped as his heart stung. The one and only concrete proof of Junhyung's love for him. The only physical thing that he could keep and treasure.
It was gone. 

He had stopped thrashing around. His body has turned cold. 
Silence was drumming loudly in his ears.  
As the men released their hold on him and left the room, he stared wordlessly, his face expressionless, at the pieces of paper. 

Doojoon, the last who left the room, turned to Yoseob.
"It would do you no good to continue being hung up on him. Yoseob, I care for you that's why I am doing this. Yong Jun Hyung is not a good man."
With that, he turned and walked away. 

When the sound of footsteps faded off, Yoseob's tears started flowing freely. 
He slowly stood up from the ground and walked to Junhyung's bed before collapsing on it.
Gathering all the torn pieces of bed sheet, blanket and pillow cases with his arms, he buried his face into it, crying hard. 
He could still smell some of Junhyung's scent but he knew they would be gone soon, in a matter of days, and he cried even harder.
He felt so dumb for not keeping the envelope in his own office or somewhere else. 
Why did he have to carry it with him? 
Now, he was left with nothing. Nothing to keep himself sane.
Nothing to comfort himself with. Nothing to convince himself that Junhyung was real, that their memories of the past 6 months were not merely a dream. 

He d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter