Three

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhyung and Yoseob were having lunch together as usual but this time, a heavy silence was shared between them.

Junhyung had not missed the swelling of Yoseob's eye bags and how his eyes were bloodshot, clear evidence that Yoseob had done some late night crying the previous night. 
His fingers clenched tightly to his fork and spoon as he thought of how Doojoon was still haunting Yoseob's nights. 
With his anger building up with his thoughts, he started stuffing down the meatballs in his plates heatedly until he heard a soft snicker.
He looked up and saw Yoseob smiling at him.

"Are you that hungry?" 

Junhyung smiled, looking at Yoseob's slightly tilted head. His frown returned when he saw how tired Yoseob's eyes were.
Without thoughts, his hand reached for Yoseob's cheek and he caressed it lightly.

"Dreamt of that idiot again last night?"

Surprisingly, Yoseob actually shook his head. However, Junhyung was not completely relieved.
Yoseob had bowed his head down, staring at his untouched food, falling silent once again.
Tilting his chin upwards, Junhyung looked deep into Yoseob's eyes, "So what happened? Clearly, you have been crying."

What Yoseob said next was entirely unexpected from Junhyung.
He had expected to hear old memories of Yoseob and Doojoon. 
He had expected to hear how a certain object had made Yoseob think of and miss Doojoon.
He had expected to hear of dreams of them getting back together.

But yet...

"I dreamt that you left."

Five simple words that held so much meaning, so much emotions. Junhyung's lips stayed apart slightly. 
It had been five months since Yoseob's and Doojoon's break up. It also meant that he had been six months since he met Yoseob.
It was the longest he had stayed put at a place and every night now, Junhyung had spent it all sleeplessly as he tossed and the bed, knowing very well that it was about time that he had to leave. Hell, he didn't want to. He couldn't bear the mere thought of not having Yoseob next to him, even for just a day or two. 
Yet, he knew that he had to. The longer he stayed, the higher the risk he was placing on Yoseob and the rest of the people in the hospice.

Swallowing hard, Junhyung tried to speak but no words could leave his mouth.

Yoseob gave a slight sniff, "I know you are going to. I've seen how you've been behaving for the past few weeks. Junhyung ah, do you have to? Do you really have to go?" 

This time, Junhyung was the one who bowed his head down as he mumbled guiltily, "Yes. I have no control over this decision."
He looked up, looking deep into Yoseob's eyes, hoping and imploring that Yoseob would know that he really did not want to leave.
That he wanted to be by Yoseob's side. That he loved his days spent in the hospice. That he had to leave but he was unwilling and in fact, very broken that he had to.

Although, he didn't have to.

Yoseob knew very well that Junhyung was genuine with his feelings and actions. He wasn't blind to Junhyung's feelings towards him.
He knew very well that the secrets that Junhyung held was exactly why no matter how both of them were so clear of each other's feelings, the line was never crossed. 
There was no exact day where Yoseob awoke, realising that he no longer had Doojoon in his heart and that Junhyung had already overtaken his whole heart. 
It was gradual but both men knew... That as the days passed, Doojoon became part of Yoseob's memories. He would stay there, surely, but he had no more footing in Yoseob's heart. For Junhyung had slowly creeped in and took ownership of it. 

"When would it be?" Yoseob asked cautiously. As much as he didn't want to, he knew that he had to know. 
At least he could prepare a small farewell party for Junhyung, at least he could bid a proper goodbye to Junhyung. 
Rather than just waking up, heading to the hospice and realising that Junhyung had packed his bags and left. 

"Tomorrow." 

Cruel. So cruel. How could he be so cruel. To actually think of leaving without even informing him. 
Tears welled up in Yoseob's eyes as he stood up and left the table. 
He didn't want to break down this way, he didn't want Junhyung to leave with a burden in his heart.
But he couldn't control his disappointment, his despair, his pain, his desperation...and his shattering heart

Junhyung watched Yoseob's back until he walk out of the dining area's door.
He leaned back against his chair and sighed. Closing his eyes tightly, he willed himself not to cry.
Trying to stop the piercing pain of his heart, tears trickled out of the corner of his eyes. 
He crouched forward, elbows on the table and his head in his hands. 
He needed to regain his composure, he needed to maintain his calm.

"Talk to him." 

He opened his eyes and through his tears, he managed to make out the outline of Nurse Kim.

"Talk to him, Junhyung. Not just for his sake, but also for yours."

With that, Junhyung felt like he had more strength, more courage. 
Standing up, he ran out of the doors that Yoseob had walked through just minutes ago. 
He ran and ran, running to the grass patch b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter