Eight

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob frowned to himself and let out a loud sigh, "Doojoon, you really have to stop this. Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I'm okay with you saying all that." 

Doojoon raised his hands in frustration, the bruises on his right cheek from the previous night's incident still visible, and growled, "I will repeat myself as many times as I need to you for you to understand that Yong Jun Hyung is not that man you think he really is. He's lying to you, he's a criminal, he's dangerous!" 

"He is not! How many times have I told you, the only connection that he have with Dragon is that he is their previous master's son! He has nothing to do with Dragon other than that! He has never completed any dealings, never done anything illegal, never killed anybody! He is not dangerous so stop making him out to be!" Yoseob retorted angrily. 

"Yoseob, I care for you that's why I'm telling you this. He really isn't as he looks. We have evidence that he was involved in a few drug dealings and two women have stepped out saying that he had drugged them and forced them to sleep with him while they were drowsy and weak! I wouldn't lie to you about this. Yoseob, trust me on this. You can choose not to get back together with me, fine. But don't get yourself involved with this dangerous man." Doojoon looked into the eyes of Yoseob seriously, no trace of jest or lie. 

Yoseob stared at Doojoon, speechless at what he just said. When he finally regained his voice, he croaked out weakly, "Don't lie to me about such stuff."

Doojoon breathed deeply and sat by Yoseob's bed, staring into his eyes for him to see that he wasn't lying, "I am not lying. Yes, I admit that I am jealous that you are so much in love with Junhyung. I admit that the jealousy made me mad and I am sorry for wrecking his room and stuff to make you upset. But I really want you to forget him because he really isn't someone you should get involved with. The danger that he brings along is real. The crimes he did, I wouldn't make them up. I hate him yes, but I would never lie about this. You should know me well enough."

And the worst thing was... Yoseob really did know Doojoon well enough. 
He knew that no matter how angry, irrational or upset Doojoon was, he would never lie. 
Doojoon almost never lies. Even when they broke up, he was honest enough to admit that it was because he had a great job opportunity. 
One of Doojoon's strengths was that he held a high regard for openness and honesty.  
And that tore Yoseob apart. 

Yoseob couldn't believe that Junhyung would do all that. He trusted that the Junhyung he knew was the real and genuine Junhyung. 
But then, he also knew Doojoon would not lie about this. 

With hurt flashing in his eyes, he whispered brokenly, "Maybe... Maybe the crimes wasn't done by him. Maybe he was framed?" 

Doojoon's heart stung when he heard the pain and the desperate plea in Yoseob's voice and he cursed Junhyung in his head before trying to convey his words to Yoseob in the least hurtful manner possible, "Yoseob... There are evidences. Real, solid evidences.. like videos, and those can't possibly be doctored."

And Yoseob finally let out a sob, followed by another, and another, and when Doojoon pulled him in for a hug, Yoseob was weeping and trembling furiously. 
Even in the gentleness of Doojoon's tone, the severity of the content of what he said still remains.
He wanted to believe Junhyung, to trust that Junhyung did not do any of those. 
But Doojoon... he might not love Doojoon anymore but he knew that Doojoon was speaking the truth. 

"Me. I mean, I'm hot, handsome and have a great sense of humour." 
He sobbed as he thought of the moments where he and Junhyung would do chores in the hospice together.
He sobbed as he thought of the moments where Junhyung would make him laugh with his jokes.

"Don't pretend that you don't like it." 
He sobbed as he thought of the times where Junhyung would hold him in his arms.
He sobbed as he thought of the times where Junhyung would about wanting Junhyung to hug him.

"Because my heart beats strongly for you."
He sobbed as he thought of the loving words Junhyung would whisper to him.
He sobbed as he thought of how he believed, and even now, still believes that Junhyung's words of love to him were real. 

Even now, in Doojoon's arms, he closed his eyes as his sobbed, praying and wishing hard that it was Junhyung who was hugging him.
He hoped and hoped that it was Junhyung so that Junhyung could explain to him, reassure him, tell him everything's a lie, hug and kiss him to make everything better.
But he knew it wasn't Junhyung who was by his side and so, he continued sobbing.

It took Yoseob a good half an hour before his sobs quietened and calmed down. His tears continued flowing but his body had stopped quivering. 
Doojoon felt Yoseob pulling away from his embrace and as he looked into Yoseob's face, his heart clenched tightly in pain. 
Yoseob's eyes were not only swollen and red, but they held so much sadness and pain too.
Part of him regretted revealing Junhyung's crimes to him but he knew that he couldn't hide it from Yoseob anymore for his safety. 
At the start, he thought that Yoseob would slowly forget Junhyung with him not being by his side.
However, it seemed that Junhyung always still manage to find a way to get to Yoseob and Yoseob never stopped thinking of Junhyung. 
Which was why, he felt that Yoseob had to be told the truth, so that he would release Junhyung, the dangerous criminal, from his heart.

Slowly, he gently laid Yoseob down on the bed and cooed him to sleep. 
When he felt the stable and slow breathing of Yoseob, believing that he was asleep, he tiptoed out of the room and closed the door behind him softly. 
Leaning against the door, Doojoon squatted on the floor and clutched his head in his hands, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.
It was his fault. He should not have broken up with Yoseob.
If he hadn't broken up with Yoseob, Yoseob would still be his.
If he hadn't broken up with Yoseob, Yoseob would not have fallen for Junhyung.
If he hadn't broken up with Yoseob, Junhyung would not have the chance to get near to Yoseob.

Then, anger filled him up.
He could not understand what Junhyung would want from someone so innocent and carefree like Yoseob.
He could not understand why Junhyung was doing this to kind and sweet Yoseob.
Standing up, he walked away with the thoughts of going back to his office.
He needed to read through the case files once again, he needed to do something to capture that criminal. 
He swore that he would bring Junh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter