Promise

Our Love Continues

It was a few weeks before I saw Kyu Jong again. I understand that it was due to Doubke S 301 promotions, so I wasn;t angry or upset. Our times together were enough since he always made them unforgettable. Tonight, we were actually going out for dinner instead of staying in. I was wearing a little black dress since he said we were going to someplace fancy.

He arrived a few minutes later dressed in a simple three piece suit. I kissed him in greeting as he presented me with a bouquet of red roses. I quickly put them in a vase full of water and we left. I was anxious to know where we were going. 

"Oppa, tell me," I tried with a bit of aegyo.

Kyu Jong chuckled and then said, "You'll see in a few minutes."

I pouted cutely and settled back in my seat impatiently. A few minutes passed and my jaw dropped as we parked in front of Namsan Tower. Kyu Jong chuckled at my shocked expression as we walked in. We were seated in a secluded corner, probably so we wouldn't be spotted by sasaengs.

Dinner was so romantic. We ordered a big plate of spaghetti and reenacted Lady and the Tramp. There was even a violinist playing soft melodies to set the mood. Dessert was a chocolate fountain that came with strawberries, marshamallows, and graham crackers for dipping. Kyu Jong took care of the check after we finished our meal and the turned to me.

"Do you know we've been together for one hundred days already?" Kyu Jong mused out loud.

"Really? Its been one hundred days already?" I said, surprised its been that long already.

Kyu Jong nodded and then pulled out a small, square velvet box. I gasped softly when I realized it was a ring box. I was speechless.

"I got us something. In your culture, I believe its called a promise ring." Kyu Jong explained as he popped it open.

I covered my mouth in surprise. The rings were gold bands with a single green stone set in the center of one. Kyu Jong took my left hand and slid the one with the green stone onto my ring finger. That's when I noticed the inscription.

"Forever and always?" I read with a soft smile.

"That's right." Kyu Jong confirmed.

He gave me a quick kiss and then we left the restaurant, only to go to the roof. i grinned as I realized what we were going to do.

"Are we going to put a lock up here?" I asked eagerly.

Kyu Jong nodded and pulled out a heart shaped locked. We started looking for a spot and soon found one with a great view. We clicked the lock into place and then we went back to his car so he could drive me home. We kissed goodnight and I went inside, my heart filled with love.

Now I was sure that Kyu Jong was my soulmate. I felt that our biggest challenge would be when we went public, which I had a feeling would be soon.

 

Author's Note: Been a long time, I know. My laptop died and then I got a new one and just finished working out the kinks in it and then mental health issues and insurance issues happened (read blogs for more info). Is anyone even still reading this since its been so long...? I haven't gotten comments...