Chapter 8

I know you will Love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry guys it's been a long time and I don't even know how to write any more lol but thanks to some people (Jaemintee as she is always there and some others too), I never forget JaeMin and I plan to keep going. If possible, I will be writing more this year, because I should have a bit more time.

Here is the new chapter, I hope you won't be disappointed or notice too many differences from the original plot XD

By the way, I've been to Jaejoong's concerts this week-end and it was AWESOME ^^

then I remembered that I needed to work again with him and here we go!

Anyway, let me know you thoughts!

and JaeMin Fightinnng kkkk

 

Chapter 8

 

For the first time since he started his working life, Jaejoong actually spent a good time at the company.

 

The work wasn't as boring as it used to be, days weren't as long and people were all much more interesting. He was even glad to walk to the office in the morning, which was really a first. His new routine was rather common, but it was enough to motivate him. Everyday, he was waking up at 7, to be sure he would reach the cafe at 8:35. The cafe was barely ten minutes away from his apartment and he was always there at the same time, punctual and regular.

 

As usual, the owner was there, in his chair right beside the door, looking at the customers with this kind of blank-yet-curious face only the elderly could have. Not far from him, at the counter, was Changmin, sipping his morning coffee. The spot was his and it seemed that nobody ever dared to take it away from him.

 

No matter the fact that they were meeting here every morning without officially planning it, Changmin never really looked surprised but he never seemed to expect his arrival either. Almost as if it was never granted, never completely true. He always looked the same, only exchanging few words with the bartender from time to time without caring about the others customers. He never reacted much more to Jaejoong's arrival. He simply glanced at him, keeping his eyes on his a few seconds then focusing back on his coffee as if nothing happened.

 

Something in his behaviour told that he expected him to disappear one day, as if nothing ever happened. Jaejoong wondered if it could mean anything. Could this be -perhaps- the key to understand why Changmin was keeping his distance from him? Could it be only a matter of trust?

 

If so, he would be the only person in this world to take so long trusting him, but this unusual side of him was part of what kept Jaejoong's interest when he could have given up a long time ago. In fact, it wasn't the first time someone seemed unlikely to give in to his courtship, but it was definitely the first time he actually cared about it. It was also the first time he was clearly decided to keep going, make efforts or even waste his time despite the risk.

 

"Ohayo!"

 

Jaejoong greeted him loudly to call his attention on him and bowed to the owner and his employee. For the first time, instead of replying politely and ignoring him as he used to, Changmin intensely stared at him and stayed silent. The moment didn't last long, but it was enough for him to notice such a change. Even if wasn't that special on the surface, it was more attention than he received from him for a long time and it was enough to raise Jaejoong's hopes once again.

 

He was utterly convinced this could be the start of something new. What kind of thing, he couldn't tell yet, but it was just another reason to be sure he shouldn't give up anytime soon.

 

With this idea in mind, he walked closer to the two men and sat on the verge of the stool right next to them in front of the counter.

 

"Have you been talking about me?" He asked daringly, despite the implausible shyness he tried to pull on.

"You wish," Changmin scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah..." Jaejoong replied lowly, forgetting about the bartender to only focus on the man he was interested in.

 

His answer had more effect than a single word should have, but he couldn't be happier. The way Changmin looked at him was disturbing. Heavy and scrutinizing, as if his eyes could pierce through his skin and reveal all of him. Right, his eyes had this power that gave you the feeling Changmin could see the truth behind the act, but this time it was different. In fact, it was almost the contrary. It looked like instead of simply reading him like an open book, he was trying to get an answer or confirm his thoughts.

 

Could he be falling already? Jaejoong thought proudly.

 

Before he realised it, the beginning of a smirk appeared in his lips and just as fast, the connexion with Changmin vanished. The dark orbs facing him turned colder, almost condescending and clearly unhappy. Disappointment grew in Jaejoong and he scolded himself for getting carried away by his unwanted emotions. He was never loosing control. Usually. Why should it be any different this time?

 

"It already is" a little voice in his head told him, but he wasn't ready to listen to it yet.

 

The low chuckles of the bartender turned his attention away.

 

"You're funnier than I thought," he said.

"Am I?" Jaejoong replied, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter