Chapter 10

I know you will Love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is another chapter, a bit shorter, but since the fic became longer, it doesn't change much.

I still need to work on my rhythm... I've no one to talk with about this so I kinda loose track.

Thank you for all the ones who stuck with me <3 I usually thank everyone personally, but I was really happy to see you were there, so lemme say it again ^^
THANKS


PS: if there's any Day6 fans or curious-readers, I started an OS with them :D check it out on AO3!

 

CHAPTER X 


With the comeback project to handle, the whole department did not have much time to be lazy. The projects directly coming from the president weren't really common and it added stress for everyone. Everyone but Kim Jaejoong. Changmin then realised there was more than two sides of Kim Jaejoong.

Unexpectedly – or maybe it was expected – the man was incredibly relaxed about the situation. He was working the way he always did. He executed his tasks with great efficiency, never stopped teasing and flirting with Changmin and had even time to show off his weird humour to the others as well. Really, nothing out of the ordinary, though he looked more and more assertive in the way he was now hitting on Changmin. However his detachment regarding the was kind of amazing, though Changmin wondered if it was a talent or plain idiocy. Of course, he knew Jaejoong was far from dumb, but it was easier to deal with.

“Changmin-san, we're leaving,” a colleague told him. Changmin turned toward the small group of people heading out of the office.
“Oh, right, Otsukare sama.”
“Otsukare sama. See you tomorrow!” they replied one after the other.

He quickly checked his watch to see it was already past 8PM. The contract workers all left some time ago and many of those with families were leaving as well since their boss already went out. Changmin sighed. He should probably call it a day too. They progressed well already and he wasn't much of a help with his current state of mind.

Wait... 8:20PM?!

“Kuso” he swore and stood up in hurry, quickly organising the messy documents on his desk.
“Are you leaving?”

Changmin didn't have to look up to recognise Jaejoong's voice, but he did anyway. He met the beautiful man eyes focused on him, gentle and caring.

“Yeah.”
“Date maybe?” Jaejoong enquired.

Changmin could feel the impatience as he waited for the answer. Ignoring the expecting gaze he buried himself back in the organisation of his documents.

“it's not.” He replied sharply.

Jaejoong scampered happily toward his desk and he could feel the way his heartbeats fasten with no reason. He could sense something was coming and it was stressful to be unable to predict what it could be. Many things were still unpredictable with Kim Jaejoong.

He ignored him as he laid his two hands on the middle of his desk and focused on his poker-face instead. Suddenly, Jaejoong's face right appeared in his field of vision. He was so close he could feel his light breath against his skin. Close enough to kiss, he realised. A light move from any of them and it could happen. Maybe...

He realised his moment of madness and abruptly jolted back. Unimpressed, Jaejoong kept his gaze right into his eyes. Changmin couldn't look away, stopped by some unknown magic trick the man pulled off.

“I'm glad you know who you belong to.”

Jaejoong rarely sounded so fierce and serious. It didn't make Changmin's stomach flip around, not at all, he was just a bit hungry since it was past dinner time.

He didn't bother to form a reply and settled for a meaningful 'Really now?!' look.

“I'm serious. It wouldn't be fair when you never properly rejected me in the first place.”
“I did. You just don't listen and decide to ignore it.” Changmin commented.

Jaejoong paused and blinked. It was right. In a more common situation, with anyone else, he wouldn't have bothered. His tile was too precious to spend it on people who couldn't properly appreciate his presence. It would be different with anyone but Changmin. No matter the real reasons behind this difference, he wasn't ready to give up anytime soon.

“True. But, you never looked like you meant it,” he justified.
“You never did either.” Changmin retorted.
“Then, just so you know, I am.”
“Right, right,” he cut it off.

his eyes back on his computer's screen, he closed all the opened files and locked the session so he could focus on something that wouldn't be the smooth talker in front of him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter