Merging of Two Souls

Unspoken...

It was a weekend. Qri decided to go out for the first time since the incident three months ago. At the town square, she met Boram and Eunjung and greeted them.

"Qri~~" Boram rushed to her and hugged her.

"Hey, guys..." She greeted the both of them.

"We were off to buy stuff. Do you want to come with us?" Eunjung asked.

Qri nodded and went out with the duo. For the whole morning, they bought a little stuff and went to the arcade to have fun. After a while, Boram and Eunjung bid goodbye to Qri. For Qri, she went to her first planned destination: a clothing store.

"What can I do for you, dear?" The clerk asked as Qri got in.

"Do you have these clothes my size?" She asked, showing a picture of Areum's clothes.

"As a matter of fact, we do. Right this way, dear," said the clerk as she guided Qri.

After a few minutes, Qri got the exact clothes and went to the cashier to pay.

"That's a lot, dear. Thank you for shopping here." The cashier said, taking care of Qri's bought clothes.

Qri nodded, bowed back, and went to another destination. It was a hair salon. The stylist welcomed her and Qri was lucky to get served right away.

"What style would you like?" She asked.

"Can you do my hair like this?" She asked, showing a picture of Areum.

"Sure, dear." She replied.

As the stylist did her work, Qri looked at the mirror attentively. As she was done, with Qri paying her, she looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled lightly and wet to another store to buy a snack but the first she did was change in the restroom. As she was done, she looked at the mirror and smirked. As she exitted, one of the people's eyes were on her. Some of the were getting pale and some took pictures of her. She didn't care, still buying some snacks. She walked, reading a makeup procedure while sipping her latte. She got home without her parents around as she went in her room, reading another book about programming.

***

Nightime almost came andQri was still in her PC. Her phone rang all of a sudden and she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby. Can we talk at my house? Please??" Soyeon was on the other line.

"Alright." Qri said as she hung up.

Qri changed into her clothes. She tied her hair, changed her makeup and went to Soyeon's place. As she arrived...

"Baby..." Soyeon reached for Qri and kissed her lips.

Soyeon had her hands all over Qri. Qri whimpered a bit, trying to break from the kiss.

"New hair??" Soyeon wondered as she looked into Qri's blond hair, which was one a brownish-pink shade.

"Why? You don't like it?" Qri asked.

"No...I love it." Soyeon said, giving a peck on Qri's lips.

Qri blushed lightly as Soyeon caressed her cheek. They sat down at the couch. Soyeon held Qri's hand, intertwining their fingers.

"We need to talk, Jihyun-ah..." Soyeon began as she looked onto Qri's eyes.

"What is it, Soyeon-"

"Call me Injung, Jihyun-ah..." Soyeon said, her fingers tracing on Qri's lips.

"Alright...Injung-ah."

Soyeon smiled and hugged Qri tight. She leaned her head onto Qri's neck but she fidgeted. She forced herself to smile harder and to hug Qri harder but she finally broke out from her emotions.

"Injung?" Qri heard sniffling.

Then she saw her cry. Qri patted her back, hugged her tight and asked what's wrong.

"Please don't freak out." Soyeon said, trying to get her composure straight as possible.

"We're moving..." Soyeon confessed.

"That's it? That's not something to cry for, Injung-ah. I can just see you-"

"Not, not in the region. We're moving in another country." With that, Qri lets go of her girlfriend.

"Are you going to leave me, Injung-ah?" Qri asked, her eyes going dim.

Soyeon was frozen. She didn't know what to do at this point. She felt angry of her conscience that she was going to leave her girlfriend hanging. She didn't want to do this. She made a promise to Areum to never leave her.

"Jihyun-ah...please...let's talk about this." Soyeon pleaded while holding Soyeon's arm.

Qri stopped. Soyeon's tears became unbearable as she hugged her girlfriend from the back, her head leaning on her shoulder.

"Jihyun-ah, it was never my intention. My parents decided it for me. They say that it's too dangerous for me here. With that incident, they decided we move away from here." Soyeon said to her.

"I see..." Qri muttered.

"Jihyun-ah...please look at me." Soyeon held Qri's chin, forcing her to look at her.

Qri sighed and faced Soyeon. Her body did but not her face. She couldn't bear to face Soyeon like this. She wants to go away from her for a while.

"When is the move?" Qri asked.

"Tomorrow." Soyeon said softly.

"Alright...so, goodbye." Qri couldn't take it anymore as she lets go of Soyeon.

Soyeon doesn't want her to go. She went after her, closed the door, and pinned her there.

"Jihyun-ah...please, I can explain-"

"Explain?! What's there to explain? What's more to explain, Injung-ah?!!" Qri cried this time.

"It's just...my parents-"

"That's the thing. Your parents decided it so I shouldn't be talked about this. Their decision is for your sake, Injung. You should never question them because they're doing it for you. If you're saying that I'm not going to be fine, then yes, I'm not going to be fine!"

Qri cried so much that she kneeled in front of Soyeon. Soyeon saw and recalled her mother's words and she was right. Soyeon shook her head and hugged her girlfriend passionately.

"Jihyun-ah, you know that I needed to tell you this. And you know I can't just let you go. I really can't let you go, Jihyun-ah. Not only I made a promise to your sister, but I love you so much..." Soyeon hugged her tighter as the both of them were crying ladies now.

"No, Injung-ah...it's okay." Qri forced herself to smile and get up.

Soyeon didn't let Qri go. Qri sighed hard and decided to stay still for a moment and listen to her girlfriend.

"It was never my intention to decide this. They just decided it without my consent." Soyeon began to speak.

"But you know I would never agree to that. I even told Eomma I can't leave you because I love you..." Soyeon said, kissing Qri on her cheek.

Qri nodded as she cuddled Soyeon back. If Soyeon's hurt about this, Qri was twice as hurt. She doesn't want another loved one to leave her. She lost her sister now her girlfriend?

"Jihyun-ah...talk to me." Soyeon pleaded.

Qri sighed and gave space between them. Soyeon held Qri's face to get a good look at her.

"You can't go...you just can't." Qri said with pleading eyes.

Qri lost it as she hugged Soyeon tight. She wept again. Her pain increased twice than expected. Her sorrow grew bigger. And her tears flowed faster. Soyeon cried with her, hugging her back so tight. She can't lose her. She was rejected yet Qri was always there for her. She could never want to lose someone as precious as her.

"Jihyun-ah~"

But at the back of Qri's mind, she needed to be ready. She had to know about this. She knows that Soyeon's parents are hand to convince. She would've been fighting but she is in too much pain. She had no more options. Who knew she could never keep her sister's promise now.

"Injung-ah...I can't do this anymore." Qri said.

Soyeon was shocked of Qri's actions. She got rid of the ring, a symbol of her love to Soyeon, and puts it in her finger. She gave Soyeon a kiss on the lips and stood up to leave.

"Jihyun-ah...are you breaking up with me? Are you really giving up on me?" Soyeon panicked and hugged her girlfriend again.

"No...it's just that...you're going to leave. That ring reminds me of you. And if it means to forget your pain and mine, I can't keep it any longer, Injung-ah." Qri said, tears flowing from her eyes.

"It's okay. We shouldn't be crying like this. Areum-yah would hate us for this..."

Qri held the doorknob but Soyeon turned her around and kissed her hard. Qri muffled her noises as Soyeon held her tight, letting her tongue in, savoring every inch of her girlfriend's mouth and feeling her for the last time.

"I'm so sorry. Let me feel you one last time." Soyeon whispered onto Qri's ear.

Qri nodded as she hugged Soyeon back. She heard Soyeon's cries fill the entire room. Both of their feelings connected. They felt all the pain that has given to them yet they chose to let go. Their lasted for mere months yet they had to let go. For Qri, it was about time. She had nothing to fight for anyway.

"Jihyun-ah...know that I'll always love you." Soyeon said.

"I know. And I'll always love you. I always have and always will." Qri smiled sadly.

Qri opened the door but Soyeon gripped her hand, shaking her head. Qri shook back and held Soyeon's hands gently. She lets go of her hands and made her leave, leaving a sobbing Soyeon at her home.

***

Qri arrived at her home. Her parents were already asleep and before she could do the same, she went to her PC, practiced more programming, and initiated on her project. The project she was working on is voice synchronization. She didn't sleep as she continued to work. With every click and press, she cried for Areum. If she was still alive, they'd do the project together. They could've bonded like true sisters.

"Do you hear me?" She recorded her voice.

Then, she copied the same file and edited it, hoping that it would sound liek Areum's voice. It took her almost three hours but then she succeeded. The next phase of her project was voice and type synchronization. She did various methods, hoping that her PC speaks what she types. She did failed attempts but she was determined to finish. Once she did, she merged her voice recording and her edited one, and then...

"Do you hear me?" She typed and her voice was working.

"Do you hear me?" She tried an edited voice of Areum and it worked.

"Do you hear me?" It was a merge of the two voices...and it worked.

Qri was shocked. She did it. It was a success for her That was the last thing she needed...the last thing before she'll change forever.

 

So that's the end guys....NAH I'M JUST KIDDING...there's still one more chapter to go...