Realization

Unspoken...

The next day, Qri went to school without giving attention to Areum. She'd also meet with Soyeon but she also drove herself away. She started a new day alone. She was so hurt that she couldn't do well in class. She failed each test and would get herself weak when it was gym class. When the day was done, she went home alone. When they would eat, she and Areum never stole glances. Their parents ididn't know much and thought it was a plain misunderstanding. Qri went to her bed first and slept when she saw a shadow of feet on her door. Qri looked down and saw a silhouette sitting on the floor.

"I told you to go away!" Qri yelled again.

"*sniff*...Eonni...please..." Areum continued to plead. 

"I'm not stopping until you listen to me. Please, Eonni..." Areum said.

Qri didn't care about it and slept. For Areum, her eyes were swollen. She never sleeps on her bed anymore and would just stay by Qri's door and lulled herself to sleep. But she's not giving up. She won't rest until she can get her sister's forgiveness.

***

On the same night, Soyeon was at her room. She couldn't stop thinking about the mistake she did. She broke her friends' sisterhood. She annoyed her crush and broke her bestfriend's heart. Her heart was torn in two ways. She always liked Areum. Ever since they were little, Qri and Areum were her best friends. She was inawe of Areum because she was so smart and had skilss at an early age. Qri was special to her too. She would help her whenever she needs anything. She was also smart, smarter than her but not much like Areum. She thought about what Areum said that she didn't deserve her love and that only one deserved it so much.

"Jihyun-ah..." And it hit her.

Now she understood. She cried, thinking about her best friend. All the help...all those remarks...and the time she said yes every timeshe would ask. She liked her. Soyeon was torn for Areum and Qri. She liked Areum but had a little spot for Qri. But Areum would reject her. She never stopped trying to get Areum's attention but instead what happens? She pissed both of them off.

"I'm so sorry, Jihyun-ah. Why didn't I see this before?" She cried to herself.

She looked at the picture she shared with Qri. She grabbed it and hugged it tight. She looked at the window and her stalker was there. She got scared. She grabbed her phone and dialled someone.

***

A ring was interrupting Qri's sleep. She got up and searched for her phone. She saw her dialler. Her bloodshot eyes went wide. She hesitated but she answered.

"*cough*...hello?"

"Jihyun-ah..." Soyeon answered while she cried.

"Why are you calling me?" Qri asked.

"I'm sorry...I get it now. I'm sorry I broke you sisterhood. I'm sorry I didn't see it..." Soyeon apologized.

"See what? if it's about Areum and I, I don't want to talk about it,.." Qri made her move to hang up.

"Jihyun-ah... do you love me?"

Qri felt her ears tingle. She felt the heat go up on her face. She felt the heaviness of her soul being lifted. Qri felt tears on her cheeks again. She had been waiting all her life for this moment. She never thought she would ever hear it but she had her chance.

"Yes..." Qri answered and she broke into tears.

She also heard Soyeon cry on the other line. But Qri changed the moment she answered.

"...but it's too late now. I waited for so long, Soyeon-ah. My patience has withered. And with a broken heart, I don't think we'll get a chance..." Qri answered.

"Jihyun-ah...I...I can give you that chance...just-"

"No more, Soyeon-ah. I can't do it anymore. Just stick to give Areum that chance. You've done it for so long. Don't stop. Don't stop until you win her heart...my sister's heart." Qri said and cried harder.

"Jihyun-ah~help-" Qri hung up.

Qri dropped her phone into the floor and cried herself to sleep. Areum heard everything. She cried with her sister. She was happy for it but she was disappointed thet Qri rejected her. She looked at the hallway and stood up. In her mind was a plan...a plan that she will make things right.