The White Lie

Unspoken...

When school days came again, Qri was waiting by the gate, eyeing every person getting inside the campus. On the way, she met Jiyeon. She just waved as Jiyeon waved back and continued walking. Qri continued to scope some more when she saw Soyeon and Areum. Soyeon was cuddling to Areum hile walking and she was smiling. Qri got furious and decided to go to them when she saw a petite. She had short brown hair and was going anywhere Soyeon was. Qri grabbed the chance and followed the two. With every step, Qri gained more focus and trying not to get suspicious in front of the other students. The petite got to turn around and saw Qri. She was still...then her legs started to move...and she ran.

"Hey!" Qri finally ranted and ran after the petite.

Instead of running like a prissy, she sprinted like a marathon runner. Qri was agile with her running, being careful not to bump on anyone.  The petite got away and ran to the exit when Qri had sprinted, blocking her way.

"Where do yoou think you're going?" Qri asked.

The petite didn't answer but tried to run away. Qri grabbed her collar and pinned her on the wall.

"Why are you stalking Park Soyeon?" Qri asked, clenching the girl's neck.

"Let go!!" She screamed and she was seen by a lot of students.

Shame shot on her gut as she saw the students bickering and mocking her for her attitude. The worst thing was that Soyeon and Areum saw her. Soyeon was super angry and Areum was shocked.

"Soyeon-ah, I found the culprit and-" Qri got a slap from Soyeon.

"What in the world are you doing?! Have you gone insane?!" Soyeon yelled as Areum calmed her down.

"Eonni..." Areum's shock was still there.

"Areum-ah..." Qri felt ashamed.

"You better stop acting crazy, Jihyun-ah! If this is still about the investigation, I'm letting you off...so you better not get in the way of Areum-ah and I." Soyeon scolded her as Areum helped out the petite.

"But Soyeon-"

"I don't want to hear your stupic conspiracies. Areum-ah and I will handle it now." Soyeon went on her way.

"Areum-ya~" She called.

Areum didn't move. She went to her sister to comfort her but then...

"Go." Qri said.

Areum nodded and went to catch up to Soyeon. Qri eyed the petite and she bowed at her.

"Whatever. get out of my sight!" Qri ranted and the petite did just that.

***

When Qri arrived home, Areum was there to welcome her. However, Qri showed a different side. She ignored Areum and went hastily to her room. Areum followed her and ended up knocking at the door.

"Eonni...talk to me." Areum pleaded.

"Go away, Areum-ya." Qri said back.

"Let's talk,unnie. It's about Soyeon-unnie." Hearing it, Qri made her way  on the door to open it and let Areum inside.

"Why? What's with Soyeon-ah?" Qri asked.

"Do you like her, Eonni." She asked.

----------

*Areum's POV

I saw the blush on her face when I asked her. I hid my smirk as Eonni got her composure straight.

"No, I don't," she said.

"Don't lie to me or to yourself, Eonni. I know you have feelings for Soyeon-unnie. I won't tell anyone, I promise." I swore to her.

She eyed me. I saw the remorese on her eyes. She must've hid it for a long time. She motioned me to sit next to her and I obeyed.

"Yes. I liked her since we were kids. And I loved it when she became our neighbor. Well...I'm sorry since I became jealous when she would get close to you. She never does that to me." She confessed.

I was befuddled. My sister's in love. And she's in love with her bestfriend. Suddenly, I remembered something...

***

I was chatting with Jiyeon when Soyeon-unnie came to see me. Ever since Eonni introduced her to me, she would always stop by. I found it a bit eerie and the worst thing was that Qri-eonni would never know this side of Soyeon-unnie.

"Let's go, Areum-ah." Soyeon-unnie held my hand.

"But I have to study-"

"Go, Areum-ah." Jiyeon pushed me and I ended up getting my things and went with Soyeon-unnie.

We went to the arcade. She even made me sing at the karaoke bar. I got a message from Qri-eonni, asking me where I was. I was about to text her when Soyeon-unnie leaned on me. She breathed on my neck and I was flabbergasted. She smirked at me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Unnie!!" I shrieked and backed away.

Soyeon-unnie scooted closer and held my face to kiss me. I turned my head to the side and she held my face and kissed my neck.

"What are you doing, unnie?" I asked and I was scared.

"I like you, Areum-ah. And I couldn't bear myself anymore..." She went to kiss me again.

"I'm a woman, unnie. And I have a sister who happens to be your best friend. And I'm four years younger than you so would you please stop?!" I pushed her away from me. 

I ran away from her sight and ended up getting home without eating dinner. I changed hastily and went to bed.

***

I shed a tear. I betrayed my Eonni. I ended up getting kissed by her best friend whom she had feelings with.

"What's wrong, Areum-ya?" Eonni asked me.

Should I tell her? I think I can't. I don't want to break my Eonni's heart. She loved Soyeon-unnie so much.

"It's nothing, Eonni. I just had dust in my eye." I lied.

"Alright...thank you for listening to me..." She said as she hugged me.

I never made Qri-eonni smile before. When I help her, she would glare at me. Her approach with me when Soyeon-unnie as mad came back.

"You're welcome..." I said and hugged her back.

"Eonni loves you so much..." She said.

"Areum-ya loves you too, Eonni." I said as I hugged her back.