Sequel-Chapter 7-Ending

The Way Back

I posted chapter 6 this afternoon so you may want to read it first.

------------------------------------------

Ai wakes up with the smell of hospital filling her nose. Her second attempt to open the half-lidded eyes succeeds, allowing her to see the face of her husband.

"Sehun?"She calls him. Only now is she aware that his eyes are slightly wet."What's wrong? I thought you were in Busan. And I seem to be lying on a hospital bed. Oh, mom, dad,"Ai exclaims as she sees the two standing beside the be, also tears in the corners of their eyes.

"Okay, I think I fainted and I don't understand a thing. What is it?"

Sehun expectedly wraps his arms around her and his lips keep kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you, baby. I love you so much."He murmurs, his voice seemingly cracking.

Mr. and Mrs. Oh join the embrace in no time. They seem to have been too emotional to speak, making Ai even more bewildered."What's going on everyone? I can't breathe."

Sehun chuckles as he releases her, letting their noses touch.

"You're pregnant."

Ai freezes.

It takes her about an eternity to let the information sink in.

"I...am?"She asks again, this time crying silently.

"Yes, baby, you are."He replies again, his tears also falling.

The young couple sit on the bed, their foreheads touching inseperably.

Watching the sight, Mr. Oh cannot help patting his chest with his hand."God bless this country."

---

"You know, child."Dr. Jung says, eyes staring hers."This is already a spectacular gift from God. When you came, I couldn't imagine you being pregnant in five years' time. But here you are, 29 years old, healthy and pregnant. Wonderful. Cherish the gift, understand? Eat well, sleep well, exercise, do not overwork. You're not that stable so watch out for yourself and your baby. And Mr. Oh?"

"Yes, I'm here, Doc."

"Well, you will not remember everything so here,"the doctor hands him a handbook for expecting fathers,"you read it. And you read it well. Do everything in it. Now get out."

The couple happily comply, until the man calls them back.

"Hey, you two!"

"Yeah, Doc?"Ai asks.

"I knew you guys would make it. Congratulations."He speaks, smiling.

---

As happy as Ai is, the past 9 months has been rather uncomfortable. Too many people in their house. Her mother, her sister, her mother-in-law, even Nari's mother usually drops by and stays until midnight, making her eat every kind of oddly strange foods. Let alone the overprotective Sehun, who didn't even let her visit Nari and Jinri as the two gave birth 5 months ago, when her own stomach was not even showing.

And the morning sickness for the first few months, then the cramps and the appalling weight gain.

Everything.

It doesn't mean she doesn't like it. She loves this feeling. So much. The feeling of a life inside of her, kicking her belly. The touch Sehun gives her stomach as he whispers sweet nothings to the child. Her every night ends with a good night to her child. Tonight is not an exception. Only then can she sleep sound.

On second thoughts, she may not sleep tonight. 

A sharp pain appears and Ai is immmediately awake. Feeling something wet under, she nudges Sehun's arms, whispering lightly."Baby, baby."

He's still asleep.

"Oh Sehun!"She calls, again.

"Yes!"He flinches."What's wrong, honey?"

"I think it's time."

Sehun snaps out of his sleepiness after hearing her and touching a soaking wet mattress.

"MOM! GET READY! HER WATER BROKE!"

And the two middle-aged mothers have a sleepless night.

 

After over a year and a half trying to get pregnant, 9 more months of pregnancy and 3 hours at the hospital, a healthy baby boy is born, two weeks before Ai's 30th birthday. Her life can't get any better than that. Ai thinks, feeling contented.

Before passing out, that is.

---

10 PM

Another day of overworking to rush the project. Samsung recruited Ai a year after her son, Seyong's birth, which she willingly accepted. Well, who knew it would be this tough? 

Ai returns home when the lights are already out. She tries to walk as quietly as possible lest she wake up her son and husband, but to no avail. As the 3-year-old boy runs to Ai at an unbalievable speed before grabbing her leg. 

"Mommy's home!"

"Shush, honey, let Daddy sleep. He's been training hard hasn't he? Don't wake him up. Okay?"She murmurs, only loud enough for Seyong to hear. And the latter instantly tones down his voice."Okay. I'm sorry, Mommy."

"Why is my Seyong awake? A 3-year-old shouldn't stay up late."

"Daddy tucked me in but Seyong had to wait for Mommy."

"Is that real?"Ai asks, pretending to be surprised."Jesus, Seyong loves Mommy that much?"

"Uh-huh. Seyong loves Mommy and Daddy."

Ai hugs her son, tightly. And cries.

"Mommy loves Seyong and Daddy too. So much."

She indeed does. The two of them have become her whole life. 

"Now, let's get you to bed, shall we?"She says sweetly, leading Seyong to his own bedroom.

 

"Goodnight, baby. I love you."She whispers to his ear before kissing his head and then returning to her and Sehun's room.

As coming in, she tries to sneak onto the bed silently but fails, as her husband pins her down onto the mattress, not quite ready to let go.

"My baby girl is home."He whispers, his hands on her waist.

"I thought you were sleeping."She answers, her hands caressing the back of his neck.

"Nah. Had to wait to have some real good time with my love."

"You ert. Seyong is sleeping in the next room."

"Well, he himself wants a brother to play Lego with. He told me this evening."

"Why a brother? Why not a sister?"

"You want a baby girl?"

"Hell yeah. I want to braid her hair and buy her dresses. Can I not?"She asks, seemingly challenging him."But, I have to remind you, it's not easy to get me pregnant again. Dr. Jung said after Seyong's birth to have an appointment with him whenever we intend on having a second child, or else it will take us forever."

"Does tomorrow sound good?"

"Tomorrow? You want a baby that bad?"

"Yeah. If we want another baby then better do it now. Your health is not that good, the later the worse."

"Well, if you want to. Now let me sleep."

"No, baby. If I do then what did I stay up until now for?"

And so once again, they are engrossed in a night full of passion and fire.

Ai doesn't really want another boy,as much as she loves Seyong. Two brothers will mean more broken toys and more money spent on Lego. She wants a girl, because, just like she has told Sehun, she wants to do things mothers and daughters do together, things her father didn't let her mother do with her when she was a child.

That's why her labor 18 months later is bitter and sweet at the same time.

Because a pair of twins are born. A boy and a girl. Junghwan and Ria.

Well, more dirty work to come.

-------------------------------

A/N: Well, it has come to an end. I thought a lot about writing the sequel, but decided that I had to make it. More angst. As I replied to a reader's comment, I didn't bring Nari back because I love her or anything. I simply am evilly angsty and want all my characters to suffer. Everyone has their own demons killing them inside and their flaws.

Kai, Pep, Hara are all very trivial characters in the original story and I tried to bring them back as naturally as possible.

There're very not practical points in the story, and I apologize. But please, read it with an easy mind. It's just fanfiction afterall.

There are things I want to expand on the story so maybe, just maybe, there will be bonuses. But, in general, the story stops here.

Thank you for supporting TWB. I truly appreciate it and really am grateful.

Thank you, once again.