Sequel-Chapter 5

The Way Back

Oh Sehun cannot even fathom what he is doing at late evening, driving at an unthinkable speed with his eyes bloodshot. As he reaches the door of Nari's hotel room, all he can think of is, "It's impossible."

It really is. If someone else told him the news, he would have punched them straight in the face for such a blunt and brainless prank. But it is Ai, his Ai, the Ai that he trusts even more than himself that did. Sehun thought he was frozen for a moment when he heard it from .

But after all, Ai has never told him a single lie. Well, except for when she told him she was happy seeing him getting married to the girl he loved.

And Sehun finds himself knocking the door. Welcoming him, much to his relief, but also disappointment, is not Nari. It is the man who he has known by the name of Kai. The man Nari foolishly loved throughout her youth. The man she dated Sehun in order to forget. And, according to Ai, the man who is Ai's first boyfriend, first date and first kiss.

The dark-skinned male widens his eyes as he sees Sehun, but without a word exchanged, he waves his hand, leading Sehun to where Nari is standing, and slowly steps back, getting out of the scene. Only Sehun and the supposedly deceased Nari.

The man's entire body is shaking furiously, tears are seemingly waiting to fall down from his eyes. He takes one step closer, leaning to touch Nari with his shivering arm.

The younger, however, steps back with her head hung down low. It's not hard to tell she is in tears also.

"Nari."

"Nari."

"Is that you?"

"Tell me, Nari."

"I need to know that I'm not insane."

Having gathered all the courage from the bottom of her soul, Nari looks up in terror, facing the figure she ran away from for years.

"Are you real, Nari?"

And Nari lets out small sobs, almost quietly.

"I am, Sehun. I am."

And soon enough, the two find themselves in a tight embrace with each other, with Sehun unable to let go of the woman whose death he has spents countless nights mourning. His hands find their way to touch her whole back. His lips place a kiss on her head, a kiss salty from his tears.

"It's you. Jesus, it's you. I'm not dreaming, am I?"He murmurs, loud enough for the woman in his arms to hear.

"No, you're not, Sehun. You're not."Nari replies with hiccups.

"I missed you so much, honey."He says, letting tears fall down, into his mouth while lifting Nari's chin up so that she faces him."Oh Lord, you have no idea."Their noses touch in the most desperate way."How have you been?"

"Fine. I'm doing fine."

"Fine, eh?"Nari nods."You look skinny. Where have you been, Nari?"

"Australia. I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, darling. I should be sorry. Tell me, tell me what happened, Nari. You've got a lot of explaining to do."

---

"It's my fault, Sehun. Our daughter...she...she could have lived. And I...I was..."

Sehun goes numb right away. His child is dead.

Despite being told by Ai beforehand that only Nari is alive, he still drove all the way here, with the tiniest hope that his Sae Ai would still be breathing. When he drove here, part of him was dying to see Nari holding their child in her arms, welcoming him with the deepest warmth. Part of him imagined how Sae Ai would look like at 2 years old. Bigger body, longer hair, larger eyes.

That part of him has been utterly shattered.

He drops himself onto the couch why Nari is busy blaming herself for what happened. Sehun sits with such position until Nari has stopped crying. She then reaches out for his hand, holding it with both of her hands. Nari then leans down so that her forehead faces the hand she has been holding, as if begging for forgiveness. She indeed is.

"I can't forgive myself for what happened, Sehun. And I know you won't be able to as well. I wish it was me, Sehun. Every night, I close my eyes and wish it was me dying in that car instead of our daughter. And I apologize for being a coward, for not facing the consequences of my sin, and for running away."

Nari's words and action snaps him back to reality. Sehun looks at the girl he once saw himself spending the rest of his life with, the girl who used to be his wife.

Each time Sehun cries thinking of Nari, it is always along with the image of Sae Ai. To him, the losses of the two were inextricably linked and always brought him the deepest pains. Right now, with his gaze on Nari, he knows things have changed. And Sehun is not sure how to deal with that.

Is he happy? Yes he is. He definitely is. Nari is not dead. She is alive, sitting in front of him, still as beautiful as ever. So surreal. Out of this world. He is happy. He is surreally happy.

But at the same time, a sharp pain slid through his heart as the truth hits him hard. His child is long gone.

It wouldn't have hurt him that much if Nari was dead. But she is not. And somehow, that gave him a hope that Sae Ai is here, too. But she is not.

This is the biggest pain. The most appalling sadness. Being let down after having a tiniest hope.

But if there's anything he knows right now, when his mind is not clear enough to think of anything else, then it is the fact the he loves and cherishes Nari dearly. And now she is here. And he appreciates it more than anything.

"I'm glad that you're still here, honey. I am."

 

Nari stops for a second, looks at him, surprised.

Sae Ai was his everything. His pride and joy. He loved her more than anything in the world.

She has expected him to start kicking and screaming, to yell at her, asking her why a mother like her had the guts to leave her child behind, to abandon his most precious treasure.

But here he is, hopeless, desperate but not at all furious, giving her the softest look ever.

"Can I stay overnight?"

Just when she is about to turn around to grab a glass of water, Nari is held back by Sehun's voice, drained of energy.

"Anytime."She replies, wrapping her arms around him. Once again.

---

"Anyway, I'm so happy, Nari. You're alive. Thank you, for still fighting for your life."Whispers Sehun, lying on a bed which is not in his own house, with Nari in his arms, who, on the other hand, is quiet.

"Has your mom known yet?"

Shaking her head, the girl says under her breath."I don't know how to face mom. What will I say?"

The male lets out a chortle."You know what I would say, if I were you, Nari? I would go to her, I would cup her cheeks with my palms, I would let my face lean toward hers and I would say 'I'm home, mom.' That's what I did when I came back home for the first time after that Wimbledon title. My mom was proud of me. And I know yours will be proud of you, too. If she knows what you have gone through, how how strong you were, overcoming everything to survive. I am proud of you, honey."He says, holding her in his arms, trying to silence her sobs.

"How can anyone be proud of me for what I have done? I abandoned my own child."

"You know, sometimes, we make mistakes. But I know, that you loved Sae Ai more than anyone. Do you remember how happy, how contented you felt when we were told that we were expecting her? I can never forget your face, with the largest smile I had ever seen from you, and those sparkling eyes. Neither can I forget your tears of happiness when she was eventually born, Nari. And how loving you were, staying up all night to take care of her. You were one of the greatest mothers I've seen. You couldn't have left her behind on purpose. Sometimes, things are not under our control. I know that you would do anything to reverse the past, that's just how much you loved her. And I'm sure our daughter loved you. She would be happy that you're here, breathing, living and staying here with us."

"Aren't you angry? At me?"

"No. Why would I be? I admit it, hearing you're alive but Sae Ai is not is...I don't know, heartbreakingly confusing, you know. This is all like, a dream, or some kind of cruel deja-vu, and I'm still wondering if this is real or not, I can be dreaming for all I know. What I'm certain, is that, if this is real, than it is wonderful. It's wonderful to have you around, Nari."

Nari sighs. And in no time, she falls asleep.

Sehun lies awake, looking at every single feature of her, recalling what she used to be like. Nari now looks...exhausted, torn. But something from her sleeping figure tells him, that the burden on her shoulders is gradually being lifted off.

Lights out.

Sehun doesn't go back to his house.

And somewhere on the streets of Seoul wanders Kaito Kudo, alone, or maybe with his own shadow, regret, relief and sadness. All night.

---

Nari is the first one to wake up the in the morning. Looking to her side, the girl spots the man, once her husband, a heavy sleeper, with his swollen, closed eyes. Suddenly, the former smiles lightly as she sees two rings on his finger. One she has been terribly familiar with, the ring she herself has spent months searching in store after store to find for their wedding. Nari was only 24 back then, naive and rushing. She remembers clearly her childishly satisfied feeling when having finally found the right pair of rings. She thought she was the happiest girl on planet. 

And one, without explanation, is the ring representing his marriage with Ai. Nari feels her heart pierced painfully at the name. She doesn't know what exactly her feelings for the older girl are.

When she first heard Sehun's story, about the girl he had been in love with since the age of 15 and looked at the expression on Sehun's face when he talked about her, Nari felt a touch of jealousy. She imagined Ai to be a girl with an angelic face. Soft, gentle, caring, just like herself but much better. She thought that Sehun tried everywhere to look for a substitute of the first love he could never have. But he was not.

The first time she met Ai, on her own wedding day, Nari realized Ai was different. Totally different from the Ai in the figment of her imagination. Everything about the girl was...normal, almost too mundane for Nari to even believe she was the girl her husband fell so hard for.

At that moment, it dawned on her that Sehun was genuinely in love with her. Although he knew for sure that the girl he was marrying was nothing like the person he left behind along with his teenage years, he was ready for a life with her. Nari thought she had won. That was where, now she realizes, she turned into a selfish human being.

When Nari found out that Ai and Sehun got married, she inevitably went insane. But after hours of screaming and crying, she thought that all the tragedies she was going through at the time was maybe a payback from God, punishing her for her foolishness. And having Ai reunited with the man she loves, was maybe a way for God to make up for Ai's pain.

But the moment Kai told her everything that happened to Ai, Nari knew that after all, life is not that fair. Having suffred doesn't mean you'll not suffer anymore and you'll only experience good things in your life from now on. You can still suffer, till the day you die, maybe. 

Looking at the wedding rings on Sehun's finger, she doesn't know what she should feel. Thankful, definitely, that after a long time, Sehun has not taken his wedding ring with her off.

And that Ai has allowed that. This part confuses her. She has no idea how a woman can let her husband wear his other wedding ring. Nari has absolutely no idea whether she should admire the girl, or laugh at her for such...stupidity.

Nari considers her life a mess. Parents divorced. Sent to the US to study against her will. Had an amazing first love that turned out to be hreatbreaking, ending up in tears. Foolishly coming back to her first love, only to have her heart ripped open once again. And then Sae Ai. She cannot even stand the very thought of her.

And as cruel as it sounds, thinking of Ai's life makes Nari see herself as lucky. 

"What are you thinking?"

Nari flinches, turning her head to where the voice comes from.

"Jesus, Sehun. You scared the hell out of me. Get up."

Just then, she looks around, checks every other corner of the room only to say out loud to Sehun.

"Sehun, do you see Kai anywhere?"

The man frowns at the name.

"No. Not since last night. Not that I want to see his face anyway."

"Where could he have gone to? Gosh..."

"Call him."

"I would, if he brought his phone."Nari replies sarcastically, pointing at the phone tossed to a side of the couch.

The man groans.

Just then, they both hear a few knocks on the door. As an instinct, Nari rushes towards the door and opens it at a lightning speed.

Kaito appears, with painfully obvious eyebags and the entire body that shows fatigue.

"For God's sake, where have you been all night, Kai?"

Not waiting for his answer, she continues complaining in English."Look at you! Haven't got a wink of sleep again have you? Argh, I don't know what to do with you playboy anymore. Stayed out all night having fun with Seoul chicks didn't you? Or did you...oh my God, please tell me you didn't do anything illegal, Kai. According to papers I'm non-existent, Kai. No one is going to get your Japanese body out of any mess here in South Korea, I..."

"I didn't do anything, Nari. Jesus, would you just stop? This is exactly why we broke up. You..."

Realizing what he has just said, Kudo immediately halts.

"I didn't mean to say that, Nari. I..."

"It's okay. It's the truth anyway. I...I'm sorry. I'm always like a nagging mom, aren't I? Well...I was going to apologize, actually, for not even noticing that you were gone. I should have checked up on you but I just forgot and only remembered this morning. I literally panicked. I'm sorry. Just...don't go anywhere too far, okay? You can get lost."

Nari's words take him aback. If she was the same high school Nari, or college Nari even, they would not speak for a whole week. Nari has been more mature over the years, he believes. But at the same time, a very uncomfortable emotion rises within Kaito as he realizes that the change in her personality was not because of him. It was all the pain she has suffered that trained her to be an understanding woman standing in front of him today.

He was never there for her. Why would she be there for him now?

---

"What are you going to do now?"Kai asks, having a sip of coffee. He has never been interested in the said drink. But right now, he needs it to stay awake.

"I have thought about it. Well, I think I need to see mom."

Kai stares at her.

"Are you sure about that?"

Having taken a deep breath, she answers.

"Yes."

And here they are, standing in front of Nari's mother's house. 

"I think I should go in first. It's very hard for a middle-aged woman to not faint to see her deceased daughter in the flesh. Some explanation should help."

Kai and Nari stay outside, waiting to see the mother coming out.

"I'm sorry."The male unexpectedly says, breaking the silence, referring to what he has said earlier.

"It's okay. Really. It's my fault-"

"It's not, Nari. None of this is your fault. Anyway, how did the guy take in the situation?"

"Well, not very well. But at least better than me. I don't think he has started to believe if this is real. It's understandable."

"I would think I've gone crazy if I were him. Let the guy breathe."

"Of course I have to. This is all so...overwhelming, you know."

"What are you guys going to do next?"

"I don't know. But Sehun said I would have to confirm my survival to the authorities. And the files concerning the accident 2 years ago would be brought back to court. And the other woman in the cab, they will have to do a great deal of work before I can get my ID and passport back...A lot of things to do."

"Glad that you've got some helping hand. It's going to be tough, you sure you can go through this? I mean, you will be asked about the accident and all, I don't want you to be reminded of unhappy things."

"If I accepted to deal with this, then I have to go with it. I don't want to run away anymore. I want Sae Ai to be proud of me. I want my mom to be proud of me. I want Sehun to be proud of me. And most importantly, I want y-"

"Do whatever you think you need to do. Okay? I have no say in this."Kai hisses, clearly annoyed at the mention of Sehun's name.

"I haven't finished. I want-"

Just then, the door opens, showing the face of Younha.

"Jesus, it's you."

"My beloved daughter, is it you or am I dreaming?"

The daughter takes her mother's hands into her own before letting the hands cup her own cheeks.

"I think I'm going to faint, dear."

"No, please don't, mom. I'm real. This is all happening, mom. I'm here with you. I am not going to leave."

The two men look at them in silence.

A reunion full of shock, tears, happiness, and somewhere in it, lies remorse.

---

For the next few days, Sehun and Nari become inseparable.

Kaito is curious. The former is a married man after all.

"Hey, aren't you married? I notice you haven't gone home for quite a long time."

"You mean married to your ex-girlfriend? Then yes. And also yes, I did go home but she's already on a business trip and won't be back after 2 weeks. And truthfully, I'd rather you didn't talk about her right now."

The tan-skinned man halts to take a good look at Sehun.

"Okay. If that's what you want."

And he leaves, but not before mumbling a "bastard" with his mouth.

Watching the love of his life running into the arms of the man she loves is never easy for any man. As tough as Kai thinks he is, he is not. He knows it. He has always known it. He just refused to admit that he is desperate for her love.

Not that he is prying into their lives. It just breaks him to see the two together. It has been going on ever since the morning he walks back to the hotel.

Sehun has been right by her side, accompanying her to everywhere. To the Police Station for the paperwork, to the gathering of her friends to tell them the truth. And whenever she cannot keep her feelings to herself, Sehun will be the one embracing her, kissing her hair, and saying "It's okay. It's all in the past. You didn't kill Sae Ai. She would be proud of you. Do this for her."

Sehun has been telling her how much Seoul has changed, how her family and friends have changed. He is the one to take Nari to every single corner of the city where she used to love, to every restaurant whose dishes she loves so much. He is the one to wear a smile on his face whenever Nari does.

Kai is never absent. But neither is he ever counted. Every single time.

And as much as he hates it, he lost. Kai cannot help but think as his gaze focuses on Nari, being hugged tightly by Sehun.

---

Kaito Kudo's life is a chain of choices he had to make.

It was when he was 5 years old, the age at which he was only beginning to understand things around him that he was told he was from Japan. For the 5-year-old Kaito, it was confusing. Wasn't he American? Weren't all his friends Americans? Where was that nation called "Japan" anyway? Never heard of it. And for the next years in his childhood, he began to face the cultural crossroads that was beyond the awareness of a child. And the boy decided to not back away from his roots. He chose to learn Japanese language and culture. He refused to be called a rootless Asian. He was proud to call himself a Japanese.

It was when he was 17 years old, the age at which he fell in love with a 16-year-old Korean girl. His parents, their Japanese friends and basically anyone in the Japanese community in ia were against the idea. Outrageous. They told him they'd rather see him date a Westerner than a Korean. Once again, he made up his mind to stand up for his love life.

It was when he was 19 years old that his persistence had killed his own relationship, one that he had fought so hard to gain acknowledgement for. He went to his homeland, looking forward to opening a new chapter in his life.

It was when he was 22, having broken up with Nari for the second time, that once again, he stood at another crossroads. Career. Japan and the States. And he chose to work as a soldier for America.

Kaito Kudo doesn't accept defeat in life. An air force pilot working under US citizenship, he has been through deathly moments in the Middle East. There were moments in which he thought he would die. In those moments, he did feel any grain of fear. Only regret. For not having done the things he should have in life.

And right now, Kai thinks he is going to die.

He should have never agreed to Ai's silly request. He should have kept Nari all to himself. He could live being ignored by her his whole life. It would still be better than what he is feeling right now.

---

"Excuse me."Kaito says, managing to say out loud a few Korean words he has learned over the time while having dated two Koreans."One Iced Americano, please."

Having found a seat for himself, he settles with a corner, facing the window, looking out.

Seoul.

The first time he set foot here was in his last days as a high schooler in America, deeply in love with Nari, the girl who insisted that he visit the place she was born, the girl with whom he thought was going to be his forever. But he was dead wrong.

Constant fights, cultural barriers and incompatibility held a much scarier power than they had thought, pushing them away from each other. Until it was over. Or so he thought. Because just a short time after going back to the US, the two found themselves unable to let go. It was a poisonous relationship. They loved each other to death. But being together only destroyed each of them. And Kai had decided to let go of the woman in his dreams, to allow her a journey to her true happiness. Kai wishes he hadn't.

Seoul.

His second lover talked about Seoul as something conflicting. Ai was never greatly fond of Seoul as Nari was. She didn't complain much, but concluded that she didn't like to stay there. But under her words lied that loving tone Kai thought was so familiar, so much like the way Nari told him about how much she loved Seoul. Ai told him about the streets lights she found astoundingly fascinating, an "infrastructural masterpiece that as much as I love Tokyo, I have yet to see such a work here", accoring to her. She told him about the trees near the city centre that she loved to see everyday. And she told him that part of her soul would forever stay here,in Seoul, because the city held an irremovable piece of her memory. That piece, now he understands, is Oh Sehun.

The man, as much as he hates hearing his name, after all, is also a victim of fate.

But it doesn't matter now. Because no matter how much misery Oh Sehun has gone through, the man is now with Nari. He is doing something Kaito himself can never do, again.

And that leaves him alone on his own track to find his inner peace. When will he stop looking? 

Unexpectedly, however, a flicker of Ai's image hits his head. He is not alone. The Japanese man chuckles as he takes out his phone to dial the person that will possibly find it no easier than him.

"Hey, Ai-chan."

"What's up, Kudo-kun?"

"Well, you remember when I asked you what you would do if, you know, the two of them, you know who I mean, chose each other? And you said you don't know?"

"Yeah? I guess we'll figure it out like, right now. They did."

And for about a few minutes, Kai doesn't hear anything from the other line.

". This hurts like , Kai-kun."

"I know."

"I..."He hear very quiet sobs."I, you know...kind of expected it. Just...didn't think it would be, you know...this soon. I...I haven't prepared yet. I...I thought I could have some time to do that while he was, you know, busy making up his mind. I mean...not that I...He told me he loved me, Kai-kun, more than anything in the world. He told me that...he...he would never leave me behind...I...I just..."

Kudo swears another piece of his heart just broke.

"Give me a few minutes, will you?"Ai whispers from the other line.

"Anything you want."

And they hang up.

---

A few minutes turn out to be a few hours. And Ai hasn't called him back. Kai has walked back to his hotel room, while Nari and Sehun are busy packing. Great, she is ready to go back to her old life. 

"Sehun, can I talk to you, for one second?"

The taller stops fondling with the suicases to look up, bewildered but agrees anyway.

---

"Take care of her, will you?"Kai manages to breathe out the words he finds so painful to say.

"Who are you talking about?"

Is this bastard an idiot? Kai mentally curses but holds back.

"Nari of course. Who else?"

"Well, of course I'll care for her, I mean I truly love her, but..."

"Well that's a relief. Uhm...ha, I don't know what to say. You know, when she called me a few years ago and I took her under my wings, I thought, finally, I had a chance. I tried to make the most of that chance, bro. I tried so hard to not mess it up. For years. But in vain. While you just came back in her life for a week and are already winning."

Kaito Kudo finds himself on the verge of tears.

"Kudo, I don't really understand what y..."

"Make her happy, will you? A few years ago you did. Do that again."

"Brother, you seem to be misunderstanding some..."

"Ah, you must be worrying about how to face Ai. Don't worry, I'll be there for her. It is tough, but Ai has always been strong. I'll look out for her. You may not know but we used to date in college. Maybe we can use each other's company. I..."

"What did you just say, Kudo?"

Kai plans on speaking more of his feelings, only to be interrupted by Sehun's voice, which is starting to sound scary.

"What?"

"I said, what did you mean by looking out for Ai you bastard?"

"Why so rude suddenly? Ai is a human being, man. She is not made of iron. And she will get hurt too, once she knows. You can leave her, but you have no right to prevent her from moving on. And I will help her do that."

"What on earth are you talking about? 'You can leave her'? , you're not thinking what I think you're thinking are you?Are you thinking that Nari and I are getting back together?"

"What else can I think?"

Sehun instantly closes his eyes in defeat.

". . ."

"What?"

"Listen, you airhead. And listen well. We are not. Nari loves you. You're such a freaking disappointment you idiot. Are you blind or stupid? She loves you!"

Kai is left dumbfounded for a moment before snapping back to reality and continue asking.

"Bull. You guys have been acting like newly-weds!"

"Yeah, keep that silly head of yours and you will lose her. She just got back from God knows where after God knows how long, you . And I love her. I'm not going to say that I don't. And she is my family. She is the mother of my daughter and once my wife. So I apologize if I have ever crossed the borderline but, when someone you love turns out to be alive, I'll be surprised if you don't go all over her like I did. Just experience it yourself, it's totally out of control, man."

When Kai is too busy coming up with anything, Sehun has already continued his speech.

"And what did you just say about Ai again? My wife doesn't need you taking care of her, you idiot. Stay away from her. Gosh, if I tell Nari you intend on it..."

"No, no. Don't you ever. I was just...out of control, you know? And to be honest, you haven't been mentioning her so I just thought you already made up your mind."

"It's still none of your business. I was just...She pissed me off a bit, not gonna lie. She has been hiding Nari from me all along so I was a little bit disappointed. On second thoughts anyone would do that too, right? I would, if I were her. Just that, she has always been putting other before herself, it was so out of her character so I was, you know, new to it. She should be selfish once in a while too. So no, I'm not leaving her and you by no means..."

"What nonsense are you saying?"

"What now? Haven't I explained to you that..."

"No, about Ai. She was going to tell you, you . Do you know who brought Nari here? Me? Ridiculous. Never in my right mind would I take her here. It's Ai all along. She found out Nari was alive in Australia and did everything to have me bring her back. We were just letting Nari have some time for, you know, a comeback. So no, she never planned on hiding anything from you."

The taller guy instantly slaps his forehead, mumbling another bunch of "."

"What now?"

"I ed up. I ing ed the up. I thought...I told her...Gosh. I'm such an , aren't I?"

"If you had said what I'm thinking you did then yes, you're an ."

"And she...Lord, I...I gotta call her an.."

A phone ringtone, however, disrupts Sehun and Kai starts to freak out.

"Hey, bro, uh, I have something to apologize for. Well, I...kind of misunderstood what was going on, you know, and I called Ai and told her an.."

"YOU DID WHAT?"The other almost growls.

"I'm sorry! Really, I was heartbroken too, you know. I kind of forgot that I was waiting for her phonecall. Now she's calling."

Sehun squeezes his forehead, whispers a "Put her on the loudspeaker."

"What did you just say again?"

"I said put her on the god damn loudspeaker you god damn airhead! Let me speak to her!"

"Okay! Right away...but, hold on a second, this isn't really a good idea is it? Ai doesn't trust people easily. I think you should go home and talk to her, not on the phone, she won't believe.."

"She's away for work god damn it! Whatever, just pick it up!"

Kai murmurs a "Yeah right" before accepting the call, only to hear Ai's voice, which has been husky, probably because of too much crying.

"Hey, Kai-kun."

"Hey, Ai-chan."Kai greets in Japanese, earning a smack and a "What the hell are you guys saying?Speak English!"from Sehun.

"Can I...speak English, please? I haven't used Japanese for a long time and I'm kind of emotional right now, I..I can't think, to be honest."

"Yeah, yeah."The male answers and Sehun sighs in relief.

"I..I have thought it through, Kai-kun. I...What's mine is mine, what's not is not, right? Can't force him. Uh...and, I can never carry his child anyway, and he wants a child so much. It would be so evil of me to trap him like I've been doin..."

"Hey, Ai-chan, I think.."

"It's the right thing to do, isn't it? Better of without me. Argh, I'm tearing up. But really, it's okay. At least I'm not the only one. We're both sore losers, aren't we? Uh...Don't be sad, Kai-kun. Look at me, I'm messed up but still breathing."

"Yeah, but really..."

"You're gonna be okay, Kai-kun. It's not the end of the world. Well, think of it like, at least she loved you. I'm doing it too. Well, it doesn't help very much but...Gosh, it's harder than I thought. I think I have to hang up, Kai-kun,"Kudo swears he can hear her crying."but really, Kai, you're going to be fine. Trust me. Okay? I don't think I will have my phone on for the next, I don't know, 10 months? But I'll be fine, too. I'm in Japan right now. Will be back in a few days' time. Okay? You have me."

"Ai-.."

But she has already disconnected the call.

"I really want to kill you."

"Please do."

"Not until you call her again."

Kai dials Ai's number again, but all they hear is "beep."

"She's already turned off her phone."

" . Let me call her with my phone, let's see..."Sehun takes out his phone and does the same. But only in vain.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"I terribly apologize, Sehun. I...But she'll be back in a few days, then you two can talk things through..."

"No, you don't understand...This is going to be like 2 years ago, when I told her we named Sae Ai after her and she disappeared from my life. For 2 ing years...I think I'll die this time, man, I-"

"She'll be back, she told me so, Sehun."

"2 years ago, she also told me that she would call me back."

Kai goes silent.

And the two men keep sitting on a bench outside of the hotel until Sehun speaks up.

"Anyway, we were preparing for you and Nari to move in with her mom for a short while. You guys will work things out. Don't worry."

"I'm sorry."

"I think she's still inside. Go check her up."

"I'm sorry."

"You better go before I destroy your face."

"I truly am sorry, Sehun."

And with that, he leaves, walking straight to the room where Nari is busying packing his suitcases. The girl hears the door open, looks up and smiles.

"Ah, you're here. Where's Sehun? Well, not that we need him to take care of your stuff while you are here. Come on, we have to finish packing before 7. Mom is already cooking-"Nari stops talking when her lips are pulled in for a kiss by Kai.

"Wha...What in th...the world, K-Kai." She manages to say between the kisses.

"Do you love me, Nari?"He says, letting her breathe for a second.

Shocked, the female looks sraight into the apples of his eyes.

"You love me, baby?"

"Y-Yes."

"Then say it, please."

"I-I love you."

"I love you, as in I want to spend the rest of my life with you?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Because I do, too."

They stay in that position for what seems like an eternity, before Nari says, awkwardly.

"We still have things to pack."

"Oh, right."

"Why do you look so...traumatized, Kai?"

"Oh, nothing. Just that, I have done something terrible. To someone I really care for."

"What? Who?"

"Ai and Sehun. I messed them up. In an unforgivable way."