Chapter 2

More Than This

There was a little girl hiding behind a big tree at the park, crying. She’s been crying for almost an hour, feeling helpless. And then someone came, a little boy carrying different kind of snacks.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” the little girl asked as she wiped her tears from her face.

“I should be the one asking you that question, what are you doing here? The fact that you’re a girl, you should not be going to this kind of place all alone.” the little boy asked back and then he noticed the girl’s puffy eyes. “Hey, are you crying?”

“You didn’t answer my question.” she replied coldly.

“Oh okay, I’m Choi Sooyoung.” he said as he held his hand, indicating for a handshake.

“Me and my friends are playing hide and seek so I decided to hide here. How about you?”

“Jessica Jung.” she said as she accepted the handshake. “I’m lost. I was chasing a butterfly, and I noticed my nanny and my sister are not here anymore. I wanted to go home, but I don’t know how. May I ask you a question?” she asked receiving a nod from the latter. “What’s with those foods?”

“Oh these? I’m always hungry, so I always bring my foods with me.” he replied as he scratch his nape, receiving a soft chuckle from the little girl. “Let’s go.” he said and got up from his seat while he reach his hand to help the girl to get up.”

“Where are we going?” asked the little girl.

“I’ll help you go home. You’re my friend now.” he said while giving his most charming smile.

“Friend?” she asked as she slightly blushed seeing his charming smile.

“Yes, I just said it a while ago right? So c’mon.” he replied still have his offer to help the girl up.

“But how?” she asked as she finally accepted the offer.

“I have my bike with me. Just wait for me, I’ll get it.”

The boy ran where the bike rack was placed. After a few minutes, the boy returned with his bike

“Hop on.” the boy demand. The little girl immediately complied as she badly wanted to go home. “Hold on me tight.” She blushed of the thought of hugging his waist. “Are you ready?” when he felt that the girl nodded to his back, he immediately hit the pedal. “So where do you live?” the boy started a conversation.

“At the subdivision near the school.” she simply replied.

“Oh great, that’s where I live too.” he said when he realized that his home is located there too.

“Really?” she asked.

“You really like other people to repeat their words, don’t you?” he asked while his eyes were still on the road.

“I just want to clarify what I heard.” she simply replied. There was silence while they were on the road. After 15 minutes, they already reached the subdivision.

“Which street?” he asked as he looked at the girl at the back when they were already inside.

“Jupiter Street.” she replied. He immediately made a turn to the said street.

“There, that’s where I live.” she said as she pointed at the big house, near the end of the street. He stopped at her house.

“So I guess this is it, nice to meet a new friend like you.” he said. When he was about to hit the pedal…

“Sooyoung.” the girl called her. He turned around to face her. “Thank you.” she said with a smile. The boy only smiled back. “You said that you also live here, right? Where?”

“There.” he said as he pointed the house right next to Jessica’s. Even though her house is big, but Sooyoung’s house is even bigger.

“You’re kidding right?” she asked with a disbelieving tone in her voice.

“No, I’m not joking around, why would I?” he asked back as he shook his head.

“Then why didn’t I see you, even once?” she once again asked.

“That’s because I seldom go out. So did I answer your question?” he asked receiving a nod from the latter. “Okay goodbye. Don’t go again at that park alone, I might not be there to help you. ‘Till we meet again Sica.” he said while smiling as he bid goodbye.

“Did he just give me a nickname? Never mind, I like it though.” she thought.

“We’ll definitely meet again, Sooyoung.” she mumbled to herself as she felt her blood rushing to her cheeks.

Jessica’s POV

“Arghh…I can’t sleep. Why can’t you get out of my head for a while Choi Sooyoung?! Why do I always remember the first time we met?!” I said, slightly irritated, as I kept on tossing myself in my bed finding the right position to sleep. Just when I was about to find my sleep…

KRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGG. “Arrggh” I groaned in annoyance. I sat up and reach for the alarm clock beside my bed. I hardly hit it to stop it from ringing. After it stopped, I immediately lay again in my bed. I snuggled to my pillow to have a better sleep. I closed my eyes…

“Unnie, wake up now.” I heard Krystal said, my sister, as she tugged the blanket that’s covering me.

“What for?” I asked with my eyes still closed. Instead of getting up, I pulled up the blanket and cover myself again.

“Did you forget? It’s the first day of school.” she said that made me get up immediately.

“What? Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” I asked as I get out of te bed and search for my towel.

“Seriously? You’re telling me that unnie?” she said as she gave me that sarcastic look.

“Aish, whatever” I hissed as I immediately enter the bathroom.

___________________________________________________________

I know my story is far cry from the others, but it's okay, I'm not expecting anything since I'm just new in writing one. I think yoonyul will appear on the 3rd chapter :)