Chapter 1

More Than This

Someone’s POV

Here I am waiting for my friend to pick me up. I’m waiting for her for almost half an hour now. I checked my phone to see if there’s any message from her, but I got nothing.

“Urghh where are you now Tiffany?” I said while looking around the place.

“I’m here Jessica” a voice called from my back, I knew it was her because of her loud voice.

“Thank goodness you’re finally here.”

“Sorry I’m late. There was an accident near the junction.” Tiffany said as she hugged me.

“It’s okay, but I’m starving I haven’t eat breakfast.” I said as I released myself from the hug.

“Okay, my treat. Where do you want to go?”

“Uhmm…let’s just go to our favorite café.” I said while tapping my chin.

“Let me help you with your bag.” she said as she took the other bag in my hand.

“Thanks Tiff”

“You’re welcome ice princess.” she said and I just gave her a glare. “Chill Jess, I’m just kidding.”

“I know.” I said while smiling walking away from her.

“Tsk, weird.” she said while shaking her head.

With SooTae at their penthouse

Sooyoung and Taeyeon are still chilling, playing Xbox at their penthouse, which they bought so they can spend time with each other anytime they want during school days. Because tomorrow, will be the start of their school year where all they hear is their screaming fans, especially fangirls.

“Hey Taeng, aren’t you hungry?” said Sooyoung while still focusing from the screen.

“Why? Don’t tell me you’re hungry, we just had our breakfast.” said Taeyeon while staring weirdly at his shikshin friend. Sooyoung just replied with a nod.

“Aish, okay let’s just go to our favorite café.” said Taeyeon as he got up from the couch.

“Thanks buddy, you really are the best.” said Sooyoung while hugging Taeyeon.

“Okay, just let go of me, before I change my mind.” Sooyoung immediately complied and took his car key.

Meanwhile with JeTi

They are on their way to their favorite café and it’s quite far from the airport. They are sitting at the back seat, chatting. They have a lot of catching up to do because Jessica stayed in States for three years.

“Are you ready for the start of the school year?” Tiffany asked to start a conversation.

“More than ready.” Jessica said with a confident smile.

“So, does he know that you’re back in Korea?” Tiffany asked while looking at the older girl.

“Who?” Jessica asked back while tilting her head.

“Of course Sooyoung, your best friend, who else?” Tiffany said, emphasizing the word best friend.

“Hey, you don’t have to emphasize the word best friend. And to answer your question, nope, he doesn’t know it yet. I want it to be a surprise. Don’t tell him or else…” said Jessica while showing her fist that caused Tiffany to gulp, because she knows what will happen if you mess up with the ice princess.”By the way, how’s he doing?”

“As usual, lots of girls would go crazy over him. You better make your move now, cause you have a lots of rival.” said Tiffany.

“Coming from the expert huh.” said Jessica sarcastically.

“Yah, what do you mean by that?” asked Tiffany as she smacked Jessica’s arm.

“You’re the one who can answer that Tiff.” Jessica said as she looked at the window.

Inside the café

Sooyoung and Taeyeon sat at the table near the window where they usually sit.

“Good morning sir, may I now take your order?” asked the waiter

“I’ll have this, this, this and this. Oh and cappuccino.” said Sooyoung while he was pointing his orders on the menu. “How about you Taeng?”

“I’ll just have a hot chocolate.” Taeyeon replied while staring outside.

“Sir, for a while.” said the waiter.

“Okay” said Sooyoung.

“Hey Soo, isn’t that Tiffany?” asked Taeyeon as he pointed the girl walking towards the café.

“Why don’t we invite her for breakfast?” asked Sooyoung.

“Great idea Soo.” said Taeyeon while clapping his hands excitedly.

“Hey act normal, she’s here.” said Sooyoung while pointing at the girl on the counter.

TIFFANY’S POV

I was at the counter to order our breakfast, waiting for Jess while she gets her stuffs, when I heard a very familiar voice calling me.

“Tiffany” he called me again waving his hands dorkily at me. Yes it’s my secret boyfriend. It’s very secret that even him, doesn’t know that we’re together. I knew him since I went back here in Korea to continue my studies. And we’re quite close.

“Hi Taeyeon.” I replied as I walk towards him, giving my best eye-smile. I looked beside him and saw that he’s not alone. He’s with Sooyoung.

“Hey there Fany.” He greeted me. I just smiled.

“Oh great, Sooyoung’s here, he should not know Jessica’s with me, or else.” I thought as  I began to panic.

“Fany-ah are you okay? You’re spacing out.” Taeyeon said while he waved his hands in front of me.

“No, I’m still young to die.” I said as I shook my head to get rid of the brutal way she’s going to use to kill me. Okay I’m exaggerating, she’s not that bad.

“What did you say?” Sooyoung asked while staring at me weirdly.

“Uhmm…I…I mean, I remember I’m still full because I had my breakfast earlier. See you when I see you.” I said as I bid them goodbye. I mentally face-palmed myself for telling that very lame excuse. “What the hell was that Tiffany” I mumbled to myself while I hurriedly exiting the door. I saw Jessica was about to get out from the car.

“Tiff where are you going? Did you order already?” Jessica asked.

“Let’s just go to another café. They’re here.” I replied.

“Whom are you referring to?”

“Those two monkeys.”

“What? To whom are you talking about?”

“Sooyoung and Taeyeon.”

“Okay let’s go, I don’t want my surprise to be busted.” Jessica said as she went back in the car.

Back with SooTae

“What’s wrong with her?” asked Taeyeon.

"Maybe because of you.” Sooyoung replied.

“I didn’t do anything to her.”

“Maybe she likes you.” Sooyoung said in a guessing tone.

“What? Nah, I’m not her type. You and your wild guessing.” Taeyeon said while he was pointing to himself. Then he heard a rumbling sound.

“Okay, my tummy is screaming now for food, don’t worry buddy, you’ll get something later.” Sooyoung said patting his ‘empty’ stomach.

“Tsk, this shikshin.” Taeyeon said as he rolled his eyes to Sooyoung.