Chapter 8

More Than This

Here’s the whole chapter only for YoonYul. Sorry in advance if you find this lame. Thank you :) ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Yoona’s POV

I’m taking my words back, I don’t think that I’m starting to like him. I already like him from the beginning when he first showed interest towards me. I’m just in denial. There’s so many of my suitors lining up just to get my yes. But there’s only one person who caught my attention, and that is Yul. I never fell in love before, so I’m afraid that my heart will just be left broken apart if ever I gave it to someone, and him, being a player doesn’t help.

Here I am, checking my locker if there’s anything from him. He always put letters and some sweet stuffs, just to show his love. I found a lot of letters, but there’s nothing from him. He didn’t call or even send a text during the weekends. I’m used to receive a message or a call from him every night, and I like it so much that his voice is the last thing I hear before I sleep.

“What are you doing now Yul?” I asked to myself.

“You miss me?” I heard Yul talked, but I thought it’s just going on in my head, so I answered.

“Yes, I miss you.” I replied I closed my locker. I thought it was just my imagination. But I saw Yul standing beside me, and he might hear my reply.

“Really, you miss me?” he said with a wide smile on his face.

“Y…you’re just imagining things, Yul.” I replied as I stuttered.

“Okay. I just thought that if I can’t continue courting you, I can’t stay even being a friend to you.” he said with a sad tone as he walked away from me.

“Yul, are you mad?” I called him but he didn’t response and just continued to walk away.

“Are you giving up on me, Yul?”

Yul’s POV

I was walking down the corridor when I saw Sooyoung and Taeyeon so I approached them. I need someone to talk to, since there are so many things going on with my mind right now.

“Hey, did you already make up your mind?” Taeyeon asked me.

“What I told you before is so gonna work.” Sooyoung said convincingly while putting his hands on my shoulder. I just nod.

“I think I will do what Sooyoung told me to. I can’t continue being like this. And I think it is the only way.”

Yoona’s POV

I’m still thinking about what Yul said. I’m afraid that he just wanted to give up, now that I finally admitted to myself that I also like him. I think what I said to him earlier wasn’t right, not at all.

“Why did you say that? Why do you keep on denying what you really feel?” I mentally scolded myself, and then I saw Tiffany-unnie and Jessica-unnie at the canteen.

“Did you see Yul?” I asked as I slumped at the chair.

“No, I didn’t see him. Even Taeyeon and Sooyoung. Why?” Tiffany-unnie said with a concerned face.

“I think Yul is mad at me. I want to tell him what I really feel, but I’m just afraid.” I said as I hold Tiffany-unnie’s hands on the table. I saw Jessica-unnie leaned in, looking so interested.

“Then tell him. You just can’t forever hide your feelings.” Tiffany-unnie said as she caressed my hands.

“You know, Tiffany’s right. You should tell him, before it’s too late.” Jessica-unnie said with a reassuring smile.

“Thank you Jessica-unnie.” I’m grateful that she can now talk comfortably to me.

“Sica-unnie will do.” she said and I just nodded.

“You can’t even solve your own love problem, and now you’re giving advice to her.” Tiffany-unnie said while looking at Sica-unnie.

“You should be also telling yourself that, Tiff” Sica-unnie said in a cold tone. I just watch their little bickering. They are very opposite to each other but they always hang-out.

“As much as I want to watch you two bicker, but I have to go. I have to find Yul.” I said as I got up from the chair.

“You can do it Yoona.” they both said in unison.

I’m searching for him for almost thirty minutes now, but still no sign of him. Like what Sica-unnie said earlier, it might be late. So I can’t give up, I don’t want to give up.

“Where are you Yul?” I said while catching my breath. I already went up and down to all of the floors of our school just to look for him. And then one student approached me and gave a piece of paper. I read what’s written on the paper, “Looking for me?” And then my phone rang. I looked at the caller’s ID, and it was Yul.

“Why didn’t I think of calling him?” I thought and I answered the phone.

“Hey Yoona.” I heard Yul talked on the other line.

“Where are you?” I asked him immediately “And what am I going to do with this?” I said as I looked again at the piece of paper.

“You want to find me right? Just follow what the paper says.”

“And why should I do tha

“If you don’t want to I’ll just hang up.”

“W-wait. I’ll follow it. But how did you know about it?” I asked as I looked around to see if he’s somewhere.

“I can see you. But you can’t see me. I have a lot of eyes.” he said and I found it weird, but I don’t care about it now. I just want to find him. “Just follow what the paper says.” he said before he hung up.

“W-wait.” I said but the call just ended. After the call ended, another student approached me, and again, I received a piece of paper. “Girl you’re all I adore. And if ever we’ll be together, I won’t make our relationship a bore. To take another step, you’ll find your next clue on the store.”

I follow what’s written on it, and I went to our campus’ store. And then the woman on the counter gave me another one and I read it. “If you get this, you’re on the right track. You can find your next step on your classroom’s rack.”

I’m already tired, but I just follow it anyway. I went to our classroom, and there I found the note on the rack. “Sorry for tiring you, but see this is what you make me do. I just want to show how I really like you. And you will find on your chair the next clue.”

I found another note on my chair. “Whenever I see you there, my hair all stand at the back of my head. I’m always head over heels for you. And this will be your last clue. Go to the school’s gym, and find there what’s waiting for me and you.” I think it’s very sweet of him. Even though it’s tiring I can’t help myself but to like him even more.

I went to the gym, and I saw Yul standing there holding a bouquet. He walked towards me

“For you.” he said as he handed me the flowers.

“I thought you just want to give up on me. You said you don’t even want us to be friends if you stop courting me.” I said as my eyes starts to get watery.

“Yes I said that. I mean if I stop courting you, I don’t want us to be friends. I want you to be my girlfriend. So does it means?” he asked me happily, and I just nod.

“My answer is yes, Yul.”

“Thank you.” he said as he hugged me tight. “And thank you also guys.” he said as he released from the hug. I followed where he’s looking at, and I saw Sooyoung-oppa and Taeyeon-oppa giving him an okay sign, both holding a binoculars. I laughed because I knew that they were also behind of all of this. I looked at Yul again.

“As they say, Love is giving someone the power to destroy you…but trusting them not to. And I think you’re the one that I can trust it to you with.”

“After you said that, I just feel like protecting you even more.” he said as he held me in his arms again.

With SooTae

“How did you come up with that idea?” asked Taeyeon.

“I just thought she will like that.” Said Sooyoung and Taeyeon just nodded.

“Do you also need help?”

“Nah. I think I can do it alone this time.”