Chapter 4

More Than This

Jessica’s POV

I get out of my car happily, as I get a new day to spend together with Sooyoung. Since we are studying in the same school, I think it will be a great chance to express what I truly feel for him, and hopefully, he will return my feelings. I’ve contain my feelings for him for so many years, and I don’t want to waste time to express my love for him. I was skipping smilingly on my way to the gate of our school, you can barely see me in this attitude because they always refer me as an ice princess, but only people who are close to me can only tell how warm my heart is.

 

As I was about to enter our school gate, the screaming of the girls greeted me, I turned my head to know who it is, I saw a handsome prince getting out from his car, wearing his oh so charming smile that sends me to cloud 9. Who wouldn’t fall for him, right? He’s the perfect guy that any girl would ask for. He’s the star player of our school’s basketball team, a well-grounded young man despite of having a perfect life. I didn’t hear the cheering of the crowd, as my whole attention is on him, and only him. I thought this only happens in the movies, but everything was in slow motion, and everything around me was blurred. I saw him walking towards me, it took long for me to process it since I was in my daydream.

“Good morning Sica.” his soothing voice greeted me, that can make my day perfectly, even with just those simple words. I swear my heart skipped a beat when he suddenly wrapped his long, loving arms around me. I heard some gasps from the students and some of them were taken aback with Sooyoung’s act. I heard whispers that say, “Isn’t she the transfer student?” and I hear the other girl replied, “Yes, she’s beautiful, but how dare her being this close to Youngie?” I was annoyed on how they address him, because I felt like I was the only one who has the right to call him that, but I couldn’t care anymore, as long as I’m in those loving arms, not them.

“G...good morning Sooyoungie.” I greeted him back, trying to give my best smile, as I wrap my arms in his waist.

“Hey, what’s with you being this so happy?” he asked me as he loosen his embrace and look at me with those tantalizing eyes of his.

“N…nothing I just had my goodnight sleep.” I replied as I stammered. Of course I lied. I can’t just tell him that he’s the reason behind my smile.

“Oh is that so? You never changed Sica” he replied as he let out a soft chuckle. Even he’s the reason why my heart skips a beat; I can’t deny the fact that’s he’s also the reason why my heart beats crazily like this. I hung my head low to hide my flustered face because of how he sweetly calls my name. Even this kind of little conversation with him is enough to make my day complete, but not until a girl came.

“Good morning Sooyoung oppa.” A doe-eyed girl greeted Sooyoung. I can’t help myself but to send daggers at her for interrupting my conversation with Sooyoung. And she didn’t even recognize my presence.

“Good morning.” Sooyoung greeted her back it made me annoyed even more when he sweetly smiled at her.

“I want to talk to you longer oppa, but I have to go. Don’t tell Yul that you saw me.” the girl said as she glanced around, as if she’s hiding from someone. It’s a good thing that she already left before I strangle her. I was about to start a conversation again with Sooyoung, but then another intruder came.

“Hey Soo, did you see Yoona?” a tan-skinned guy asked Sooyoung while panting, but I can’t deny that he’s handsome. It looks like he’s also in a rush that he didn’t recognize my presence.

“So her name is Yoona.”

“N…no, I didn’t saw her.” Sooyoung replied while stuttering. I knew he’s not that good in lying.

“Oh okay, I’ll just look for her myself. See you later Soo.” he replied as he bid goodbye with a disappointed face. I turned to face Sooyoung to ask about something.

“Soo, who was th-.” I didn’t get to ask him completely when he held my hand, dragging me.

“I’ll just answer that later, okay? We will be late.” he said while sending me a wink. I almost fell down on my knees when I saw him did that, but I just composed myself not to. How could he manage to be handsome and cute at the same time? It’s a good thing that he’s not looking at me at this moment or else, he will see my face as red as a ripe tomato.

After the bell rang

Since the bell already rang, that only means the first subject will already start. Our first subject will be Math. All of the students are now settled on their respective seats waiting for the teacher to come. I was seated behind Sooyoung and beside Tiffany, since it was the only available chair. The subject teacher arrived after few minutes. The discussion went on. I found myself staring at the perfect back of Sooyoung which made me more unfocused. I focus in every subject, but not this, not Math. I was daydreaming again about Sooyoung, when a piece of paper, hit my head and fell under my chair, so I picked it, and I read what’s written on it.

It states that, “Focus will ya?” I turned my head to look at Tiffany, who is seated beside me, and I knew she was the one who wrote this and she gave me that what-are-you-doing look. I picked up my pen and wrote “I can’t focus okay? This subject is not my thing” as a reply. I threw the paper at her, and accidentally, it landed on her face. I saw her glare at me, but it was not as scary as mine. Luckily, we are at the back row so that the teacher didn’t notice what we are doing. I waited for her reply, and within just 5 seconds, I received it. “Is it the subject, or is it because the one in front of you?” I immediately blushed, after reading her reply. I don’t know why, but when it’s about Sooyoung, I feel like all of my blood will rush to my cheeks. I look at Tiffany and saw her pointing Sooyoung with her lips, so I glanced to Sooyoung. I saw him listening attentively to the discussion. I found him so damn y with him doing that serious look. Someone stopped my train of thoughts, I found Tiffany poking my sides, giving me that teasing look. So once again, I grabbed my pen and scribbled something on the paper, “Stop that, or else, we will be caught.” and gave it to Tiffany. She held her hands in the air, as if she was surrendering.

 

“Okay class, since we had our discussion already, we will have our first activity to test if you all learned our lesson for today. You can freely choose your partner.” Mr. Park said that wake me up from my daydream. “What do I do? I didn’t even understand a single word that he said.” I heard other students groaned, nevertheless they search for their partner. I didn’t know what to do because I wasn’t focused earlier. I was about to stand up and start searching for my partner when suddenly…

“Hey, can I be your partner?” he said while smiling.

___________________________________________________________

Don't hesitate to comment what you think. Thank you :)