Chapter 7

More Than This

Jessica’s POV

I already finished the tasks that I had to do. And instead boredom eat me, I decided to come over to Sooyoung’s house since it’s just right next to ours. It’s weekend, so it means that he’s here. I pressed the doorbell and Mrs. Lee, the head of the household is the one who opened it. She’s been working here since Sooyoung and I were still in grade school.

“Miss Jessica, since when did you come back?” she greeted me seemingly shocked with my sudden appearance.

“Hello Mrs. Lee, I told you before, calling me Jessica will do. I arrived before the school year starts.” I replied and she just nodded.

“Come in.” she said as she gave way.

“Thank you. Where’s Sooyoung?” I said while glancing around.

“He’s playing basketball with Taeyeon-ssi.”

I went to their basketball court located in their backyard. Their house is so big, that they even have a basketball court and one swimming pool. I saw them busily playing, that they didn’t noticed me. Taeyeon noticed me first, and nudged Sooyoung to get his attention, and he waved at me. I sat on the chair and watch them play.

I noticed that he became even hotter when perspiring. My face suddenly blushed, when he lifted his shirt to wipe the sweat on his face, revealing his abs.

“Omo, those chocolates are tempting me. Help me good Lord.” He might notice me staring at him so I grab the magazine on top of the table for distraction, and I just pretend that I am reading.

Sooyoung’s POV

I didn’t notice that I’ve been staring at Sica this long. She’s wearing short shorts, revealing her milky, white skin, with that hanging blouse for her top. Her hair is held up in a bun that made her neck noticeable.

“Snap out of your thoughts, Choi Sooyoung. She’s your best friend.” I thought as I shook to get rid of my thoughts.

“She might melt if you keep on doing that.” Taeyeon said, giving me that teasing look.

“Shut up Taeng. She’s just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.” I said as I passed the ball to him. “Let’s just have a break.” I walked towards Sica and give her a backhug.

“Let go of me Soo. You’re sweaty.” she said as she released herself from the hug, still holding the magazine that, she’s reading. But I love teasing her, so I hugged her again.

Jessica’s POV

“Yuck, Soo. You’re smelly.” I said as I pretended to cover my nose. Of course I lied, even though his sweating, he still smells good.

“I’m smelly, huh.” he said as he tightened the hug.

“Yah!” then he only stopped when we heard Taeyeon’s phone ring.

“Excuse me guys.” he said as he walk away from us to answer the phone.

“Hello Fany-ah.” he said in a whisper, but we still heard him anyway.

“Is there something going on with that two?” Sooyoung said as he sits at the other chair.

“I don’t know. Tiff is not telling me anything.”

“So, he’s finally making his move.” he said as drank the glass of juice on the table.

“What do you mean?” I said as I tilt my head because of curiosity.

“I think she likes Tiffany. He’s just too shy to admit.” he said and I just nodded. We saw Taeyeon walking back towards us.

“Hey Taeng. Who was that?” Sooyoung said, pretending he doesn’t know who called earlier.

“Just a friend.”

“A friend or a girlfriend.” Sooyoung said, emphasizing the word girlfriend. I just watched them in amusement.

“You’re speaking nonsense Soo.”

“Okay. If you say so.” Sooyoung said still giving that teasing look.“Do you want to go with us?”

“No, I can’t. I have something to do.” Taeyeon said while fixing his stuffs, preparing to go. “I have to go.”

“Bye guys. See you.” he shouted when he’s already far from us.

“Enjoy your date.” Sooyoung shouted back.

“Whatever!”

“That dork.” Sooyoung said as he chuckled.

“So, where are we going?” I asked.

“I just said that to corner him, but if you want to go somewhere. I’ll accompany you. Where do you want to go?” he said. My face suddenly lighted up, as I get to have the chance to bond with him.

***

They just decided to go to the park where they first met. Walking side by side. No one dared to talk.

“Sica, may I ask you a question.” Sooyoung asked he looked at Jessica, breaking the silence.

“Sure. What is it?” Jessica said while staring at the ground.

“Did someone court you when you’re still in the States?” Sooyoung asked with a curious look. Jessica just pretended to cough, as she was taken aback with his question.

“No. What’s with the sudden question?” Sica asked back, with her eyes still focusing on the ground.

“Nothing. I’m just curious. I mean, you have the beauty and the brain.” Sooyoung said as he put his hands inside his pockets. His compliment made Sica’s cheeks to blush. He looked up in the sky, noticing darkness starts creeping in.

“Hey, it’s getting dark. I think we should go back now.” Sooyoung said, and the blushing girl just nodded.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Quiet lame, isn't? What do you think? Just go easy on me :D I'll make it up with YoonYul. I'm planning the next chapter will be about them.