Chapter 9

More Than This

Tiffany’s POV

 

I just came out from the shower when I heard my phone beeped. My lips automatically curved into a smile when I found one message, and it’s from my TaeTae, even it’s just on the back of my head, I still call him mine. It’s been weeks since we always text each other. And I’m so glad, by this way I can get closer to him.

 

From: My TaeTae <3

Hey Fany, are you still up?

 

I read his message and I immediately text him back.

 

To: My TaeTae <3

Yes. I’m still doing something. Why?

 

I lied. The truth is, I just can’t sleep because I was waiting for him to message me, here I am lying on my bed, smiling like a madwoman because of his simple message. And not long after I received his reply.

 

From: My TaeTae You wanna know what’s beautiful? Read the first word again.

Goodnight Fany, a beauty like you needs sleep. :)

 

After I read his message, I felt like my heart just wanna go out from my chest and jump off the cliff. I hold myself from squealing, because I might wake up the whole subdivision. It’s not the first time that he throws a pick up line, but every time he does, it really got me.

 

Flashback

 

I was at the library to search for the book, which I need for our report. I saw Tae standing beside me, checking his pockets.

“Hi Tae. What are you doing?” I asked and he looked up to me.

“I don’t have my library card with me, but do you mind if I check you out?” he asked me, showing his cute smile.

I didn’t get it at first, but when I figured it out, I felt my face immediately blushed. I just hung my head low and I heard him chuckle.

“You know what, never mind. Come.” he said as he grab a dictionary and led me to the table. I saw him flipping the pages, looking a little frustrated.

“What are you searching for?” I asked him as I lean towards him to look what he’s searching.

“I’m searching for a word. But there isn’t a word in the dictionary for how good you look.” he said as he looked at me straight in the eye. I felt my face redden because of what he said and because of our close gap. I was about to stand up, but he hold my wrist.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I…I forgot something.” I replied as I stutter and he just nodded. I walk away from him to hide my flushed face. When I already have my distance to him, I put my hand on my chest and I feel my heart is beating crazily.

“Look what you’re doing to me Kim Taeyeon.”

 

End of Flashback

 

“You should sleep now Tiffany.” I said to myself as I slightly tapped my cheeks. And in a few minutes, I felt the weight on my eyes.

 

Taeyeon’s POV 

 

I still can’t sleep because I can’t stop thinking about Fany. If I have one star every time she made me smile, for sure there will be no single star left in the sky. I grabbed my phone, and open the folder that contains all the picture of her that I took. I always took a picture every time I don’t feel like listening to the discussion. I may look like a stalker, but everything that she does is worth a shot. I looked at the favorite picture of her.

“Tomorrow, I will confess to you Fany.” I said as I kissed the picture of her.