Birthdays, Radios and Drive-ins

I Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: there are some links to songs in this chapter and I highly recommend you guys to play them as you read because I think it really adds to the whole reading experience.)

 

The door opens and locks with a beep and Jessica looks up from the frying pan to see you walk into the kitchen while peeling off your jacket.

“Oh, hey, Choi. You’re pretty early. I was just making my brunch.”

“Hello, unnie.” You give her a quick side hug.

“Soojung’s not here right now. The company called a meeting that’ll probably last till this evening.”

“Oh, I’m aware.” You say, rummaging through the large paper bag you placed on the dining table.

“What’s in the bag?” The older Jung looked over your shoulder.

“Soojung’s present.” You grinned into the bag.

“I swear you’re even starting to answer like her. Blunt.” Jessica rolls her eyes.

“She has a way of rubbing off on you.”

“There better not be any naughty things in there.” She eyes you.

“Unnie!” You whine, slapping the shorter girl on the shoulder.

“Omo, the child’s ears are turning red.”

“I’d probably die of embarrassment if I had to go out and buy those kind of things.”

Jessica hums before going back to the stove.

“What is in there though?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“Whatever.”

 

 

“So… did Yurim plan anything special today?” Amber brings up. The latter and Luna were in the company van, on their way to the maknae’s apartment to celebrate her birthday.

“Oh, yeah. I’m surprised you two aren’t on a date.” Luna chimes in.

“She has a shoot that started earlier.” Soojung says in a bored tone, showing the two girls the long message of apology the actress sent her.

“Well, she has been busy.” Luna said, offering a smile.

“Yeah.” Soojung said, looking out the van’s tinted windows.

 

 

The door opens and the three f(x) members shuffle in.

“Smells pretty good.” Amber grins, sniffing around.

“Unnie, did you order take out?” Soojung asks a bit loudly as she keeps her shoes.

Jessica walks toward the doorway with an unamused look on her face. “Excuse me? Is it that hard to believe anything I cooked could smell this good?”

“It was just a question.” The younger Jung says, her eyes scanning the apartment.

“Your actress isn’t going to jump out of somewhere to surprise you.” Jessica said, gesturing for the other two idols to make themselves comfortable.

“I know that.”

“She did send the food and drinks over though.”

“You said you cooked it.”

“No, I simply asked you if it was hard to believe I could’ve made such nice-smelling food.”

Soojung shakes her head before joining her members in the kitchen.

 

 

After eating a late dinner, everyone had come to the living room to talk and drink.

Soojung was in the middle of telling a story about the time her favorite bakery ran out of her favorite bread when the doorbell rang.

Jessica smiles at her sister’s confused look, the girl’s eyebrows were knitted together.

“Why don’t you go get the door, Soojung? Might be another present.”

The latter gets up and squeals in delight when she sees you behind the door.

“Hey.” You smile.

The idol throws her arms over your shoulders and envelopes you in a snug hug. “You’re cold.”

You pull out of the hug but grin at her before she can protest. “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“Out.” You grin.

“I’ll be borrowing her for a bit, unn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter