Final

I Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re being weird today.”

“I’m being weird today?” You ask absentmindedly, moving your fork to make another row in your mashed potatoes.

“Did something happen?”

“I don’t know. Has something happened?” Another row intersects with the one you made earlier.

“Can you stop repeating what I say, Yurim?” The redhead sighs from across you.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why do I come back to find you two idiots in awkward silence? Aren’t you two supposed to be the couple and I, the awkward third wheel?” Jessica returns to her seat beside Krystal.

“It’s nothing. Yurim’s just being a little off today.” Krystal reaches out to grab your free hand laying on the table.

You stare at it as it holds your hand and regretfully slip your hand out of her grasp.

She looks at you and you can tell she’s hurt. It must have took her a lot of courage to do that in public, let alone at a restaurant and not in a private room. Although the restaurant wasn’t crowded and they sat at a table secluded in a corner, there was always that risk of being seen.

“Soojung-ah—“

“It’s okay.” She tells you and goes back to her food.

You look at her and sigh, allowing your gaze to drift to the slightly tinted windows of the restaurant.

“I’m going to ask for the bill.” You stood up and walked towards the front counter.

“Soojung, are you—“

“I’m not angry, unnie. I’m just upset that she didn’t reciprocate my actions.” Krystal looks down at her lap, her recently dyed crimson locks acting as a curtain between her and the world.

“You guys are in public. You should know better and she’s probably stressed out as it is. She has been shooting that movie nonstop all winter.” Jessica rubbed her little sister’s back.

“I know that but—“

A pained yelp from outside the restaurant cuts Krystal’s words. It sounded like it came not too far from them and when Jessica points by the window close to their table, Krystal’s heart nearly stops.

She sees her girlfriend being pulled back by a balding and heavy set man who looked to be a reporter, judging by the fact that he was desperately clawing, reaching for his camera that you had snatched away from him.

The Jung sisters dash out of the restaurant to the parking lot, where you two were, with Jessica making a quick and urgent phone call.

The man stops his attempts of snatching the large camera from you when he sees the two celebrity sisters.

“Ah! Jessica and Krystal!” He grinned sleazily, instinctively reaching to get his camera only to realize that it was still with you.

His grip tightened on your wrist. “Give it back, Yurim-ssi! I don’t care if you are an actress, this is stealing of private property!”

“LET GO OF HER!” Krystal got in between you two, pushing the man to land on his large on the pavement and checked if you were okay.

She bit her lip when she saw the red hand mark around your wrist slowly tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter