Six.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before we move on to the story, I just want to clarify a few things:

Byunghun was 17 when he was first pregnant with Chunsa, he married Chanhee at 18.

Byunghun is currently seven months pregnant

Right now Byunghun is 21 and Chanhee is 27.

Sorry if some things don’t add up, I’ll be going through my old chapters to revise any mistakes!

 

===

 

The sunlight peeks through the transparent day curtains of Byunghun’s and Chanhee’s shared room, shining its rays right above the younger and painting Byunghun’s lips red and hair ebony; it plays over his sleeping figure, alighting softly on his skin.

 

The alarm rings, jolting Byunghun out of bed as he hastily shuts off the alarm before turning to Chanhee to ensure that the alarm didn’t disrupt his husband’s precious sleep. Placing a kiss on Chanhee’s cheek, the wife pulls himself out of bed to wash up to prepare for the day.

 

Once Byunghun disappears into the toilet, Chanhee cracks an eye open. He had actually heard the alarm when it rang but seeing how Byunghun immediately got up to shut it off just so that he could sleep in for a little more warmed his heart. Without washing up, the said left their room with a determined expression on his face.

 

His wife was always the first one up in the morning to prepare their breakfast and lunch boxes yet the last one to go to bed each day after finishing all his chores and putting their daughter to sleep. Today he was going to reward Byunghun for all the years he had worked hard to look after their family.

 

Byunghun jumps in fright when he heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen, pulling his face towel off the hanger in one swift motion to wipe his face dry at the speed of light before rushing to check on the commotion in the kitchen.

 

Only to find Chanhee sheepishly trying to clean up the broken porcelain plate from the floor.

 

“Don’t, you’ll hurt yourself let me do it.” Byunghun frantically tries to pry Chanhee’s hands away from the mess as he inspected his husband’s hands carefully to ensure that there weren’t any cuts or scratches.

 

“Sorry, I just wanted to surprise you by making breakfast. Never knew this could be so hard.” Chanhee hides his face in his hands, embarrassed that he couldn’t even prepare breakfast for his wife and his child properly.

 

“Your eggs looks really yummy. Let’s quickly plate these before Chunsa and eomonim wakes alright.” Byunghun smiles as he leans in to kiss Chanhee.

 

His eyebrows flew when Chanhee casually mentions that he hasn’t brushed his teeth, which earned the latter a playful smack and a push into the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth.

 

===

 

“Byunghun ah.” Chanhee takes Byunghun’s hands into his own after the latter finishes tying his husband’s tie on neatly. The boy glances up at the older, curious as to what he has to say.

 

“I managed to convince my mother to allow you to bring her out today for some bonding time.”

 

Byunghun’s eye lit up at Chanhee’s words, was his mother in law finally allowing him to get closer to her? This could be a very good chance for them to get to know each other better and for Byunghun to show Sowon that he was the right one for Chanhee after all.

 

“Really?” The boy had a silly grin on his face. He was more than thankful that Sowon was willing to give him a chance to interact with her and spend a day with him.

 

Chanhee nods, smiling at how excited and genuinely happy Byunghun was at the idea of spending a day with his mother. He had arranged for them to watch a theatrical show since his mother enjoyed those the most in hopes that by letting Byunghun bring his mother to activities she enjoy he would be able to win plus points.

 

“Omma likes to watch theatrical plays so I got tickets for the both of you to Special Liar.”  

 

“Thank you Channie.” Byunghun envelopes his husband in a warm hug as he rested on the latter’s strong build chest. The same ones that gave him security and protection.

 

===

 

“Bye bye Chunsa.” Byunghun waves as he sends his daughter off to preschool. Taking his phone out from his back pocket, he presses the home button firmly as the device lights up in his hold.

 

11:30AM the digital time screamed. He still had about an hour to go before the play starts but instead of heading home the boy decided to head to the convenience store to pick up some beverages for his mother in law. The weather was getting colder as autumn approaches and the boy had nothing but a thin cardigan on yet he decided to walk to the convenience store on foot. He headed to the nearest GS25, pushing the glass door open and heading straight for the chiller.

 

Grabbing a bottle of mineral water, Byunghun frowns as he realizes he has no idea what Sowon would l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter