Ten.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanhee pulls up into the driveway as he parks his car in the designated lot just at his front porch before switching off the engine as quietly as he could in order not to wake Byunghun that was soundly sleeping in the passenger seat next to him. He swiftly moves to the boot of his car and opens it before collecting a navy blue duffel bag out from it and also a stuffed bunny plush that was Byunghun’s mother’s one and only gift to him.

 

Byunghun had finally been discharged after a gruelling week’s stay at the hospital to observe the fetus to ensure that it was growing well and to also bring his amniotic fluid levels back to normal.

 

Chanhee leaves his wife to continue sleeping in the car while he transfers their belongings to and fro from his car boot to his home.

 

“Hey, you’re back.” Hyeri emerges from the kitchen with Chunsa’s pink hello kitty bowl in her right hand and a cup that was holding a pair of baby scissors and a pair of pink hello kitty training chopsticks.

 

“I’m about to get Chunsa down for dinner.” The lady smiles warmly as Chanhee nods before settling the big bags of belongings on the sofa, each bag making a soft thud when it lands on the velvet cushion.

 

“Thanks looking after my daughter and keeping my mother company for the past few days Hyeri ah.”

 

Chanhee had asked for Hyeri’s help to look after Chunsa the past week that Byunghun had been hospitalized. Clearly Sowon wasn’t capable of looking after the child by herself not to mention that she probably wasn’t willing to in the first place and Chanhee was also mad at her. Hyeri had readily agreed saying that she would drop Chunsa off to school before heading to work and picking her up once she ends work. Chanhee was extremely thankful he could count on the lady, despite how things didn’t end well with their relationship he was glad they could still remain good friends as such.

 

“It’s nothing. I loved Chunsa’s and your mother’s company anyway. Where’s Byunghun?” Hyeri’s eyes darts around the living hall realizing that Chanhee’s wife was nowhere in sight, remembering that the latter would be discharged today and Chanhee would be bringing the boy back that night.

 

“He’s still sleeping in the car. This second pregnancy must have taken a toll on him, he still has to look after Chunsa on top of all that he’s going through.” Chanhee sighs, shaking his head with his eyes staring at the ground in guilt. He felt guilty to not be able to help shoulder his wife’s burdens. Hyeri puts a comforting arm on his shoulder as he patted her hand and nodding indicating that he was alright before leaving the house to get Byunghun.

 

“Byunghun ah, time to wake up. You can continue sleeping at home.” Chanhee finally reaches his car and opens the door to the passenger seat before reluctantly waking his precious wife up, his hair as he whispered for him to wake up softly in his ears.

 

The boy whines slightly as Chanhee releases the seat belt as carefully as he could. Kissing Byunghun on the forehead once the seat belt is off, Chanhee gently shakes Byunghun awake once again. He would carry his wife in but he didn’t exactly want to risk falling and bringing Byunghun and his unborn child along with him or even worse dropping Byunghun onto the ground by accident.

 

Byunghun finally exits the car sleepily in Chanhee’s hold as the latter closes the passenger door behind him before locking his car which let out a loud beep indicating that it has been securely locked.

 

“Let me remove your shoes.” Chanhee bends down on his knees just as they arrived in front of the door, untying Byunghun’s shoelaces before removing the converses on his wife’s feet.

 

Byunghun absent-mindedly pats Chanhee’s red locks at the top of his head while the husband removes his shoes. It had become a habit for Chanhee to remove Byunghun’s shoes ever since the boy’s stomach had grown too big for him to even see his feet. The younger was touched by little actions like this, it was the same when he was pregnant with Chunsa, his husband never failed to take care of his every need.

 

“Omonim.” Byunghun freezes in place, wide awake now that Sowon was seemingly boring holes into his face.

 

“Stop babying him. When I was pregnant with you, I could put on and take off my own shoes.” Sowon mutters before leaving as quick as she came, not bothering to acknowledge Byunghun’s greeting nor his return.

 

Chanhee just grits his teeth as he refrained himself from rebutting his mother, putting the pair of shoes into the shoe rack before taking Byunghun’s hand into his, ignor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter