Twelve.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind howled, lifting the stray twigs branches and leaves in its stride high into the air leaving nature dancing outside the window of the Lee’s residences.

 

One moment, the view resembled a little town in the middle of the autumn weather out of a Pixar film. The next moment rain started pouring fast and heavy, drenching all the leaves and twigs that were once swirling in the air, making the area look more like a spooky town in a Disney horror movie.

 

Byunghun gets jolted out of his slumber by the thunder rumbling. He blinks his eyes a few times, his confused mind clouded with questions like how long he had been asleep and what time it was and that he had to prepare dinner. But his whole body was aching and his bones felt like they were being set on fire. Whining slightly at the discomfort, he drapes his left arm over his eyes as he reached out to Chanhee who was also soundly sleeping beside him.

 

“Channie...” The boy’s voice was all hoarse and strained.

 

“What’s the time now?” He starts coughing uncontrollably, groaning as he curled his fingers inwards into a fist and brings it to his mouth to muffle his coughs.

 

Chanhee shoots up from his position and is by Byunghun’s side  in a flash, hearing Byunghun’s raspy cough.

 

“It’s 4 in the afternoon. And why do you sound like you have a sore throat?” The frantic husband hurriedly puts the back of his palm on Byunghun’s forehead, panicking slightly when he realize it was slightly warm to touch.

 

“I think you’re running a mild fever. I’ll go get some paracetamol, don’t move from the bed and forget about cooking dinner tonight. We can order Chinese take out.”

 

“But...”

 

“No buts.” Chanhee cuts Byunghun off before he could protest any further.

 

Hyuna had already warned Chanhee to let Byunghun get as much bed rest as possible because the stress that his body and mind was going through was bringing his immunity down, leaving him vulnerable to illnesses and tons of other pregnancy complications.

 

Byunghun can only sigh and lay back in his comfy sheets, knowing that he can never win against Chanhee in arguments like this. Besides he had to admit that he did feel relatively unwell and needed the rest.

 

“I’ll be back with the medications.” The husband smooths the younger’s fringe out of his forehead and places a soft peck on the exposed skin, earning a small smile and nod from Byunghun.

 

With that, the said leaves the room, closing their room door as softly as he can behind him and heading along the corridor before going down the stairs to their kitchen. He could see Sowon’s figure in front of the sink just as he entered the kitchen. The woman had left her dirty mug in the sink and was preparing to leave the kitchen.

 

“Can’t you just wash your own mug? Byunghun is not your maid.” The redhead tries to maintain his cool, trying his best to reason with his mother who just ignored his comment as she dusted her hands off her suede leather pencil skirt.

 

“Why should I?” She challenges him, looking at him dead in her eye.

 

She is absolutely sick and tired of how her son is always taking Byunghun’s side. What does Chanhee see in that orphan anyway? He could easily get better partners out there without even trying.

 

“Because you’re making life difficult for my wife and I hate it. Don’t make me detest you omma.”

 

Sowon scoffs as she rolled her eyes. Detest her? The son she had painstakingly single-handedly raised, due to the fact she never lets her husband interact with her son, over the past 20 years is saying he will detest her because of his wretched wife? That’s got to be the joke of the century. Who is Byunghun anyway? Ever since Byunghun married Chanhee, nothing has been going smoothly. Her husband divorced her just months after their marriage now now her business in China failed and she had to move to Korea. This boy had brought nothing but bad luck to their family.

 

“And he is sick so we’ll be ordering take out tonight.”

 

“What?! No! That’s not an excuse. How can he make his mother in law eat take out for dinner? That’s just ridiculous. He’s pregnant, not disabled!”

 

“I already said he’s sick.” Chanhee had to bite back his tongue from cursing at his mother.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll cook dinner tonight. What would you like to eat omonim?” Byunghun appears at the entrance of the kitchen, leaning on the door frame as though trying to steady himself.

“No you can’t, look you can’t even stand straight! And your face looks like you went to hell and back.” Chanhee argues, ignoring how Byunghun finally lifted himself off the door frame and held onto his arm to stop him from retorting anything further.

 

“Just make sure your food is edible.” Sowon huffs before leaving the kitchen without washing her dirty mug.

 

“That woman I swear to God… She’s so unreasonable!”

 

“Channie don’t say that! She’s your mother! I am fine. I really am. Take out is not healthy anyway. Now please go and help me bathe Chunsa. I think I’ll be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter