Eleven.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air conditioner hums quietly just right above the wooden door of their room as the husband and wife cuddles under their white silk quilt covers with Byunghun laying comfortably in Chanhee’s arms on his strong built chest. The younger rests his head in the nape of Chanhee’s neck as the latter rests his right hand on his wife’s protruding belly.

 

The moonlight shines through their translucent day curtains, painting the room with a moonstone white overcast, with just enough light for them to see without switching on their night lamp.

 

Chanhee smiles when he felt the fetus kick in response, seemingly knowing that the child’s father was close. Byunghun puts his hand above Chanhee’s, basking in the warmth that his husband was radiating under the quilt covers.

 

“Do you think bunny is a boy or a girl?”

 

At some of point time Byunghun had started playing with Chanhee’s fingers on his right hand that was resting on his belly with both his hands.

 

“I don’t mind either.” Chanhee hums in response, taking the chance to rest his chin on top of Byunghun’s head, opening and closing his mouth like a little goldfish, trying to disturb his wife’s peaceful posture.

 

“But if bunny’s going to be a football player then I hope it’s a boy.” The older finally gives up on trying to disturb Byunghun seeing that the boy was not reacting at all, burying the lower half of his face on top of Byunghun’s head in the defeat.

 

Byunghun just chuckles at Chanhee’s words. He knows that although his husband said he didn’t mind either, he knew Chanhee wanted a boy badly since they already had a girl. Plus with a boy, Chanhee can finally bring the child outdoors to play all the boyish games like frisbee and football since Chunsa never liked the outdoors. Their first born preferred to stay at home in her room to play with her tea sets and dolls.

 

“I hope it’s a boy too.” Byunghun smiles, releasing his grip from Chanhee’s fingers to drum his fingers on his bump.

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t have chosen to keep the gender a secret, now I’m impatient to know.”  

 

“So you want to know?”

 

“No! We’ve waited this long. Let’s just keep it a surprise.” The younger pouts in refusal, he may be excited and impatient to know the child’s gender but he still wanted to keep it a surprise like how they did for Chunsa. He just hoped he didn’t have to deliver at home alone once again, that would be terrible.  

 

Chanhee just smiles at his wife’s adorable insistence of keeping the gender a secret.

 

“I’ve taken a day off tomorrow, you have a check up tomorrow right? I’ll bring you there alright? Now you should sleep pretty omma. Our child needs to rest too.” Chanhee lifts Byunghun out of his warm embrace and lays the younger’s head onto his fluffy pillow, smoothing the latter’s fringe away from his face before planting a soft peck on his lips.

 

“Good night my love.”

 

Putting a hand on Byunghun’s belly, he leans in and place his cheek on and rubbed against the fabric of the younger’s T-shirt like a little kitten.

 

“Good night my bunny.”

 

===

 

“Good morning Byunghun.” Hyuna greets cheerily the moment Byunghun steps into her office as she sat her cup of steaming hot milk tea on her desk.

 

“I see the handsome Chanhee-sshi is also here today.”

 

Her compliment makes Chanhee blush slightly as Byunghun could mildly feel his chest puff up against his shirt in pride on how Hyuna praises his husband. He was always more proud than jealous when others compliment Chanhee.

 

“Lay down and my nurse will help you.”

 

With a light swoosh, Byunghun’s figure is being covered behind the medical curtains as Chanhee taps his feet impatiently for his wife to be changed. It didn’t take long before the curtain is drawn once again with Byunghun’s prominently protruding abdomen exposed as he lay on the examination table.

 

Hyuna takes her time to strut over as she flipped the patient file, eyes scanning the details before closing it shut and placing it on the table beside the ultrasound machine. Sitting on the swirling stool beside the examination table, she squeezes the ultrasound gel onto the skin of his mid section as Byunghun shuddered upon contact with the ice cold gel.

 

“Wow, your baby moves a lot huh.” The doctor was clearly taken aback by how obvious the movements of the fetus was reflected on the monitor. His tiny underdeveloped arms and legs were kicking furiously around the tiny constricted womb as she puts the probe to the abdomen.

 

“And… Here’s your baby’s heartbeat.” She turns a few knobs on the ultrasound machine, holding the probe and the doppler firmly against Byunghun’s abdomen.

 

She skillfully moves the probe around, continuing to adjust the various complicated looking knobs on the machine.

 

“Your baby has a very pretty nose, look at that nose bridge.”

 

The rhythmic light heartbeat was rapidly crisp and clear. It sounded a like a watch constant ticking underneath the pillows, except it was a lot faster and louder. Byunghun started tearing unconsciously as he sniffed, head tilted sideways for him to look on at the monitor that was showing his child. Their little bunny’s heartbeat, so strong and steady. So full of life.

 

It was amazing how the younger’s small frame carried another life inside of him. Life built upon their love.

 

“Bunny has your nose Channie.” Byunghun giggles as he wiped the tear stain off his cheek and turning to Chanhee to put his right index finger on his husband’s nose.

 

“But I still hope bunny looks like as beautiful as you. Like Chunsa.” Chanhee stares blissfully at the printed ultrasound scan that Hyuna had printed out for them.

 

“Because my wife is the most beautiful human being I’ve ever seen.”

 

“Oh stop it.”

 

===

 

“Let’s eat out today. What do you want to eat?” Chanhee takes Byunghun’s left hand into his right one as they leave the hospital.

 

“Do you have any cravings my bunny?” He teases, putting his free left hand on top of the baby bump, grinning from ear to ear when he got a kick from the fetus in response. Their baby bunny could distinctly feel Chanhee’s touches no doubt.

 

“Let’s pick Chunsa up first. She’s ending school soon. We can bring her out for lunch too.”

 

“And… Bunny is craving for udon.” Byunghun adds while pulling his husband along with him bashfully to their car as Chanhee fishes his car keys out from his back pocket to unlock it before opening the passenger car door seat for his wife.

 

“Then udon it is.”

 

“Channie, what about omonim? Did you tell her that we would be out today?” A concerned frown laced upon Byunghun’s eyebrows when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter