Thirteen.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I realized my reader count doesn’t add up. Some of you may have missed chapter 11 due to a double update. I forgot to mention that, my bad.

Do check chapter 11 out if you haven’t!

 

===

 

Feet shuffling.

 

Gurney wheels squeaking.

 

People yelling.

 

Babies crying.

 

Every single sound felt a thousand times amplified in Chanhee’s ears as the noises buzzed as he paced up and down the space in front of the emergency room, the soles of his shoes were burning from the constant friction is was a surprise how they haven’t emitted smoke been worn thin yet by his constant pacing. Any more pacing and he might just create a hold on the floor. The red light that yells “OPERATION IN PROGRESS” right above the emergency room rested over head and glared right down at him as though it was mocking his current situation. Ruffling his hair angrily he plops down on a hard plastic chair that was designed for waiting family members and friends of the patient, creating a loud thud from the harsh impact.

 

The moment his lands on the chair, the red light dulls a dead grey as the Chanhee rushes up, stumbling over his own feet from anxiety and also from pacing over the hours. Hyuna emerges from the theatre, her surgical gown stained with dried blood that makes Chanhee fear the worse. The said swallows his saliva slowly as he brings his trembling hands together to stop them from shaking.

 

“How… How’s my wife?” He manages to choke out, his voice all stretched and thinned from trying not to stutter.

 

“It’s a miracle.” The doctor relays as she removes her white surgical mask from the lower half of her face, tugging on the elastic band that was holding it in place from her right ear. The mask hangs off her left ear as she left it as it is, moving to flip through some papers that she was holding.

 

“By right from the impact of the fall, the fetus wouldn’t have survived.”

 

Chanhee thought he would have fallen on the ground, his legs going jelly, if not for the fact that he was holding onto the railing mounted on the wall.

 

“But it did. Your child is still alive, and moving. I was expecting the worse when Byunghun came in but the scans show your child moving, it’s really a miracle.”

 

The redhead lets go of the railing and cupped his left hand over his mouth. He thanked the heavens for giving them another chance for bunny to live. Bunny hasn’t seen the world yet, the child can’t just leave like that. It would break Byunghun apart.

 

“My wife?” Chanhee urges on, not caring if he sounded impolite at the moment. Why hasn’t Hyuna spoken about his wife?

 

“He lost a lot of blood so he’s still undergoing a blood transfusion at the moment but I believe he will be alright. Byunghun is pretty strong you know...” Hyuna finally cracks a small smile as she looked up from her documents for the first time.

 

“Your wife doesn’t want you to know but I feel like you have to know now that things have come to this point. Byunghun has haemophilia. It’s actually a disorder whereby his blood doesn’t clot like others do. In layman terms, his bleeding cannot be easily stopped. I did mention that your wife and your baby are fine but honestly we don’t know what side effect has the fall caused both of them. The scans came out clean but we won’t know for sure. My suggestion is to keep Byunghun admitted and kept under observation until he delivers so that we can attend to him the moment something goes awry.”

 

“So you’re saying… The disorder poses as a risk and danger to my wife’s life?”

 

Hyuna nods, her face poker. Chanhee wonders if doctors are unfeeling humans, they do go through countless numbers of life and death everyday after all.

 

“For now, it poses as a life threat when your wife delivers. He is very lucky the first time. This time, we managed to stop the bleeding in time. But when he delivers, there is a high risk of bleeding uncontrollably. Which can be… fatal...”

 

“So if anything goes wrong and he needs an emergency c-section, the risks are going to be higher…?” Chanhee didn’t want to believe it, that his wife’s life was at the mercy of some stupid disorder that he couldn’t even pronounce. Byunghun had always been fine before… Hasn’t he…?

 

But now that Chanhee thought about it, each time Byunghun bled his wounds never seemed to stop bleeding and would take forever to recover.

 

His legs finally giving way, Chanhee sinks back down into the hard yellow plastic seat like a shriveled prune. No, Byunghun has always been lucky and he would definitely get pass this time too. He would.

 

He has to.

 

===

 

Byunghun opens his little almond eyes to a bleach white ceiling, his head pounding as he raised his right hand to touch the gauze on the right end of his forehead. Groaning slightly, he tries to remember what happened but it just gave me a headache. Turning his head sideways, he finds Chanhee’s upper body sprawled out beside him on the bed, clearly exhausted. Scanning his surroundings, Byunghun realized he’s in the hospital, again, much to his distaste.

 

The younger pats Chanhee’s red hair gently as the latter stirred, stretching his arms out ashe lets out a huge yawn.

 

“Byunghun!” He finally realizes that his wife was awake.

 

“How are you feeling love?”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter