Two.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chunsa are you ready? We have to go to school." Byunghun lightly hollered as he put his daughter's pink rectangle lunch box into her Minnie Mouse bag before zipping up the small bag and leaving it on top of the counter top.

The child plodded out of her room, dragging her feet heavily. Byunghun frowns as her unkempt hair, her braid undone and her ribbons forcefully pulled off.

 

“Chunsa why do you always have to mess your hair up?” Byunghun sighs as he enters her room to look for the ribbons that he had used to secure her braids with, guessing that his daughter must have thrown them carelessly on the ground like she always does.

 

“I don’t like you to do my hair.” The girl climbs onto the chair that was placed beside the counter as she retrieved her bag from the high counter top.

 

Byunghun just sighs a second time, finally finding the fallen blue ribbons on the floor beside Chunsa’s bed. Putting a protective left hand over his protruding belly, he carefully bends down and retrieves the ribbons with his left hand. That small movement had left him breathless as he reached his hands to his back to ease the pressure a little. Being pregnant had made everything extra hard and tiring but he treasured each precious day that his child was inside of him.

 

Moving over to where Chunsa’s study table was, Byunghun placed the ribbons back in her drawer where he kept all her hair accessories and picked up a comb before closing the it.

 

“At least let omma comb it. Your hair is so messy.” Byunghun gently brings the child closer to him as he combed through the mess on her head, smoothing out the tangles.

 

The child stands still for her mother to finish combing her hair before using her small hands to caress Byunghun’s tummy, patting the bump lightly in a rhythmic pattern. Chuckling to himself, Byunghun tucks the stray strands of Chunsa’s hair behind her ears so that she’d look neat and tidy for school. He was already used to his daughter’s hot and cold treatment anyway. His daughter was exactly like her father with her diva like personality and mood swings.

 

“Okay, let’s get you to school.” Byunghun finally takes Chunsa’s hand into his and leads her out of the house, letting her put on her own shoes while he locks the door behind him.

 

===

“Oh? Lee Hyeri?” Chanhee gasped at the beautiful woman seated in front of him. She had long honey honey brown hair that was permed to perfection, cascading prettily over her shoulders and huge innocent looking eyes with a smile that could send thousands of men drooling.

 

He puts down his documents on the glass table in front of the seats before taking a seat beside the woman.

 

“It’s been such a long time noona! I… I missed you.” Chanhee adds the last part quietly.

 

Hyeri was a senior from his college that he had dated for more than three years back then. They were even considering marriage but the woman had ultimately decide to break up with him after receiving a scholarship to further her studies in Europe. Chanhee was left heartbroken in despair back then, losing all hopes in love until Byunghun came along and healed his broken heart.

 

Hyeri had heard his last sentence, about how Chanhee missed her. She bit her lower lip, fiddling with her fingers. She did miss him after all these years too. She didn’t want to leave back then but she had to be selfish. If she didn’t leave she wouldn’t be the successful pers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter