Fourteen.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun’s eyes light up and the ends of his lips twitches upwards as he gazes lovingly at the sonogram that Hyuna had just handed him before leaving the ward, his slender fingers gently tracing the outline of bunny’s curled up figure.

 

“What is my wife busy smiling at? Another man more handsome than me?” Chanhee teases as he enters the ward in his smart business suit, a cleanly ironed white long sleeved shirt with a black dress pants with pinstripes. A red paper bag swings from his right hand as he stops in front of Byunghun’s ward bed and places the bag on the overbed table.

 

“If bunny happens to be a boy then yeah I’m definitely smiling at someone more handsome than you.” The younger sticks a playful tongue out at his husband.

 

“Look, Hyuna just came in for a scan before you arrived.”

 

Chanhee walks over to the right side of Byunghun’s bed and sits heavily on the edge.

 

“Let me see.”

 

Byunghun holds the sonogram out to Chanhee who doesn’t take it into his hands but instead wrap his arms around Byunghun’s waist, resting his palms on his wife’s bump and his head on Byunghun’s right shoulder, scanning the sonogram carefully with his big doe eyes.

 

“Bunny looks beautiful.”

 

Byunghun smiles at Chanhee’s words, he can’t wait till he gets to hold his child in his hands and see bunny for real. But for now, he just hopes the fetus can stay in him for as long as possible, for his child to develop fully before coming out. Now’s not the time.

 

“We finally hit 31 weeks.”

 

They made it for another week. For each extra week Byunghun keeps bunny in him, the higher the chance of bunny’s survival and despite Byunghun still feeling contractions occasionally, Hyuna confirms that they were just Braxton Hicks and not real labour much to the couple’s relief.

 

“Yeah. We did. You did.” Chanhee bumps his nose against Byunghun’s one before giving the latter a peck on his naturally pouty lips. He couldn’t help it, Byunghun’s lips were naturally so pouty it looks like he was always asking for a kiss.

 

“These days, I can feel bunny moving downwards...” The younger whispers, putting his hand to his belly that was concealed by his hospital gown.

 

It was a sign that the baby was engaged, ready to come into the world. But Byunghun was scared, it still wasn’t time yet, there was still a whole two months till full term. Hyuna said she was affirmative the fetus would be alright if he delivered at 32 weeks but Byunghun wanted to be sure, he wanted to carry his child to full term. If only he was more careful, if only he had held onto something stable when he lost his balance so he wouldn’t fall. The boy sighed, blaming himself for the fall that had triggered his preterm labour. Why was he so clumsy, it wasn’t Sowon’s fault nor Chanhee’s. It was his and if anything happens to bunny he would never forgive himself.

 

“You must be hungry.” Chanhee snaps Byunghun out of his trance, moving to the overbed table and dragging it right in front of his wife before emptying the contents of the paper bag on the table, a stack of metal bento boxes and various cutlery.

 

“I got Hyeri to make these. She actually makes really good kimchi, but Hyuna songsaenim says you can’t take kimchi now because it’s going to be too cooling for you so I got her to make this Chinese tonic soup.”

 

“Hyeri noona’s so kind.” Byunghun comments as he eyes Chanhee’s actions as the latter separates the stack of bento boxes before opening them one by one revealing the different side dishes and rice and finally the soup.

 

The boy tears up a little thankful that Hyeri actually spent time and effort into preparing the dishes for him on top of her job. He was getting sick and tired of the bland tasting hospital food and Hyeri’s warm home cooked dishes felt like heaven sent.

 

“Here, try the soup.” Chanhee spoons a spoonful of the clear liquid slowly into Byunghun’s mouth after blowing on it to cool it down in case the soup was still hot.

 

“Good?”

 

Byunghun nods, taking another sip from the spoon in Chanhee’s right hand, his left right under the spoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter