Twenty One.

Omma.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanhee blearily rubs his eyes as he blindly answers his phone that has been ringing continuously, putting the device to his ear before greeting the person on the other end.

 

Within seconds, his eyes that were originally lidded with sleep flew wide open. Fully awake he sits up against the wooden bed frame, his quilt cover slipping off his slender upper body and revealing his smooth chocolate abs that anyone would want to use as their washboard. Spring was coming to an end and the summer heat was starting to get to him, hence he decided to sleep without his shirt on.

 

Which he immediately regretted after answering the seemingly urgent phone call as he clumsily puts on his shirt at the speed of light and mentally cursing himself for not putting on his shirt that could have saved him a few precious minutes. Fumbling to put his phone and his wallet into his jeans pocket, Chanhee rushes down the stairs and randomly slips on a pair of loafers before clumsily pushing onto the button on his car keys to unlock his car. Slipping into the driver seat in one swift motion, he hits the D gear and swerves out of the parking into the driveway without even putting on his seatbelt.

 

“Lee Byunghun...”

 

His slender fingers gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles all white from how much strength he’s exerting as though it would make miraculously him go faster. His whole body shook, bones rattling in the constant fear as the voice over the phone echoed in his mind. Heart pounding so hard against his ribcage as his pulse pressed outward, jerking the veins within. His mind twisting like a whirlpool as his thoughts swirled making him more anxious than ever as he slammed his right foot on the accelerator, going way over the speed limit.

 

Is this Lee Chanhee-sshi? We’re sorry to be calling you at this hour but patient Lee Byunghun seemed to have awakened from his coma and managed to sneak out of the ward without anyone realizing. For now we can’t find him, he’s not in his bed or in the vicinity of the ward. Could you make a trip down as soon as you could?

 

The blonde runs his fingers through his bed hair in frustration as the car halts at a red light. Slamming his right palm hard on the top of the steering wheel, Chanhee bites his lip down hard to prevent himself from cursing.

 

Lee Byunghun you’re such a troublemaker... Where did you run off to?

 

===

 

Sowon trembled as she bites on her manicured nails, something she would never be caught doing. Her heartbeat was going at a million miles per hour and her breathing faster than a galloping horse although she was only leaning against the sink in the female toilet, her back pressed against the cool marble. The visionary of Byunghun’s eyes snapping open with a murderous glint haunted her like a ghost seeking vengeance.

 

Stop Lee Sowon, you’re thinking too much. It’s probably just your imagination. For all you know the boy is still lying in the ward with his eyes shut tight.

 

Collecting herself, she clears and removes her fingers from the mouth and turns around to face the sink. Water rushes out of the spout as she the tap and the lady cups her hands underneath the spout to collect enough of the clear liquid before splashing it on her face repeating it several times before she fina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter