His Past

Monday Couple: What Really Happened And About To Come

Jihyo's POV

The power we had  was amazing. We learnt how to control it, so only when we focused we would see everything. It was really helpful in Running Man. We just focused, amd we could see if he/she was lying or not. Eventually, Gary came to talk to me.

'Jihyo, we need to talk.' Gary mumbled, staring at his hands. I immediatly panicked for some reason. 

'What?' I said tentively. 'Have you finally come to a desicion to abandon your weird Transfomer pillow?' I tried for a smile. Gary snorted and a small smile flickered on his face. 

'Transformer is cool, you hear me? Cool!' He whined like a 6 year old little boy. We laughed nervously.

'What?' Gary asked. I realized I was staring at him. I adverted my eyes and said 'Nothing. What did you want to tell me?'

He took a deep breath. 'Jihyo, I lied to you.' He said bluntly. I looked at him, not surprised. 'What's new?'

Seeing the pang of guilt in his eyes, I quickly added 'I mean in Running Man. Your acting is so good that your lying seems horrible.' He smiled. 'Thanks.'

He sighed. 'I lied to you about my past.' I in a breath. Gary had a pretty rough past and didn't like to remember it, so no one brought it up. It was rare when he brought it up.

When he was younger, he had an older brother who beat him around like a tennis ball. He also had a younger sister whom was always protected by Gary. Gary would defend his younger sister and take all the beatings from his older brother. But his older brother always got to her. He was angry at her because she ate a slice of his birthday cake. Of course, if he tried to complain to his parents, his brother would make up lies about him and tell it to their parents. His brother was always the favourite among his parents, even though they denied it. They might as well be wavinga banner while saying the opposite.

And now, Gary said my knowledge of it was wrong?

'My older brother, Fred, he didn't beat up my younger sister,' Here his voice dropped to a low whisper.  'He was cruler than that. He made me do it.' He barely managed to say. 

I was shocked. 'But- but your parents-' 'They were cruler than him' Gary confirmed. I was at a loss for words. I made a mental note to thank my parents for not trating me so badly.

Gary looked up. 'I am not a good man, Jihyo.' I was shocked. I went to him and hugged him. 'Yes, you are.' I said. I had an overpowering urge to kiss him but managed to restrain.

'So, are you up for dinner at my place? All the other RM members are going to be there!' I feigned cheerfulness. His frown melted into a smile. 'Sure! Just make sure to not burn the kitchen down if you're cooking!' He teased.

I pouted. 'Gary, you're so mean!' Gary laughed at my pout. 'I'll see you later, then.' He walked away. I watched him leave, still feigning cheerfullness. But deep dark inside of me, my feelings was mixed and thrown into a blender. I wondered how he handeled all of this. I knew I wouldn't be able to.

Clearly, this man was not how he looked like.

 

 

 

Author's note:

Yes, I know this is short again. I think all my chapters will be short  :3. And yes, this is quite based on one part of the TV series 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D'. Also, I'm thinking of stopping the story. Because I have to type it on my phone all at once, and I'm almost always interrupted. What do you guys think? Please let me know in the comments!