Heartbreak

Monday Couple: What Really Happened And About To Come

Gary's POV After ep 163 aired

Immediately after the kiss aired, there were a lot of calls and text messages on my cellphone. 'Stress! Who am I going to answer first? Stress!' He decided to answer the call of a friend who worked in the media. 'Hyung, what do you want?' 'Ya Gary! Why did you kiss her?' 'I dont know, maybe to impress her?' 'Hmm, yeah, could be. But knowing you, Kang Gary, there is more to that.' I was quiet for awhile, then sighed. 'Hyung, why do you know me so well? Ok I'll tell you. I didn't want her to fall for GD, Sueng Ri and someone-else-I-forgot-who-he-was-already. And also, becauseshewasbeautiful.' There was a pause, then: ' I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch the last part. Can you repeat it again?' 'Ah, hyung, I told you already. No repeats.' 'Hey Kang Gary-' I hung up. Huh. Nosy media. Won't the world be better if they didn't exist? Anyway, a few days later, or even tomorrow, I knew we would be interviewed about it.

Jjhyo's POV 7 days later

I got ready for the interview. I knew we would get interviewed, so I had shopped for a dress for this specific reason. I arrived at the interview that place, and got ready my speech that I had prepared the night before. I quickly ran it through my head again, and reminded myself about my expression. Remember, girl. Heads up, shoulders back, good posture, controlled expression, and ,most importantly, a bright big smile. I checked my face and hair one more time in a hand mirror. 'Mong Ji! Don't bother looking! You can't look any uglier anyway!' I turned around to see Haha, getting out of his car. 'Ya Haha! Who are you to call me ugly?' I grabbed his hair, making him scream like a little girl. Good laugh to ease our nervousness. As if reading my mind, Haha sighed and said :'Even stars have their weaknesses.' I nodded my head. 'I agree. This is your weakness!' I grabbed Haha's hair and pulled it, making him scream :' Help! Pororo! Calling on the power of Pororo!' 'Mong Ji, pulling on hair again?' Clucked Gary, who had appeared out of nowhere. He chuckled. 'Next time you see him, he will have no hair!' He offered me his arm, and I took it. 'Come on, let's go.' We went inside, and, as expected, we were asked about the kiss. Gary mentioned that he kissed me for the team, but I wasn't so sure. I admitted that the kiss was good for me, and I was telling the truth. Later on, after the interview, Gary brought me home. Before that, he admitted that he was lying when he said that the kiss was for the team and He must had have been crazy. I didn't know what to say, so I just climbed into the car.

Gary's POV

I detected no change in her and was a bit disappointed. Then again, would I had made any changes? I guessed not. I climbed in after her, and ordered my driver to drive to her house. On the way there, Jihyo pointed out the full moon. She said it was beautiful, and I wondered why she brought it up. Sure enough, after beating around the bush for awhile, she got to the point. She turned to me and asked : 'Gary oppa, why did you kiss me?' I held my breath, trying to think whether I should tell her the truth or not. The again, she would probably know if I was lying. I decided to tell her the truth immediately. 'Jihyo ah, I kissed you because I love you and you're beautiful.' I waited anxiously for her reply.

Jihyo's POV

I was like 'REALLY!!!! GARY SAID HE LOVES ME!!!!! IS THIS A DREAM!! THIS CANT BE FOR REAL!!!!!' I took a deep breathe to calm myself down, then said :'Oppa, I like you too.' He beamed from ear to ear. 'Song Ji Hyo, will you be my girlfriend?' My whole heart was screaming 'YES!!YES OPPA!!!' But, the side that I usually listened to, the wise and sensible side, said 'No. There's still something I to settle.' 'What?!' I asked myself. 'Park Seo Joon.'' I had to listen to it. The tears that were b up in my eyes when I reached the desicion spilled over. 'Oppa, I really want to. But I cant.'  '......' Tears spilled from his eyes as well. I threw myself on top of him and hugged him tightly. 'Oppa! I'm sorry! I can't!' I wailed. He gave me two gentle pats on the back and tried to soothe me by saying that oppa would be fine, don't worry about oppa, and so on. But I could barely hear him. When we reached my apartment area, before leaving me, he gave me two kisses on both cheeks and whispered : 'Goodnight. But oppa will keep trying.' He left me there, underneath the moonlight with only my tears to accompany me. I whispered after him :' Please do oppa. I will accept after I kiss Park Seo Joon. But I really love you.' I never stopped crying that night and couldn't sleep a wink. I barely blinked. But finally, I slept and got a nightmare. I was chased after a huge dragon, and I was screaming :'Gary oppa, please help me!' But he refused, saying I broke his heart. It was basically the worse nightmare of my entire life. I woke up with a jolt, after gotten eaten by the dragon. I groaned as the bright sunlight shined into my eyes. Today was Running Man filming. I groaned again. I couldn't face him. Oh no. I can't face him. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. But I have to. My whole career depended on it. So I forced myself to go and couldn't even look at him for the whole day. I was glad that I wasn't in the same team as him. I cried my heart out that night. Again. Why is my life so miserable!!