chapter 7

HADO {English}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

—Ok then, luckily there is nothing you have worry about. Still I’d like you to come over tomorrow morning so we can take one or two radiographies, just to make sure, ok?

—Sure.

I’m still sitting on the stretcher of the doctor’s office, aunt of Dara, mother of Bom.

She finished checking me, making sure everything was right and there were no complications because of the accident. Dara and Bom are waiting outside.

The doctor goes back to her desk and grabs that familiar folder she always has every time I’m with her. I’m getting dressed but when I put my sweater back on I let a groan out as I felt some pain on my back.

—Ohhh, I’ll give you a cream for that, it’ll help you with the pain you feel on your back since because of your condition it won’t be a good idea to give you pills.

—Thanks…

I finish dressing up fighting in my head about those dreams I had as I felt the doctor’s gaze. I’m not looking at her but I can feel she’s watching me.

—Is there anything else that happened and you haven’t told me yet?

Wow, is she a doctor or a psychic? I look back at her and take her word so I just sit in front of her.

—Is it that obvious?

—Let’s say I already know when you’re worried. Tell me, what happened?

—As I was unconscious, I think I had some memories back… Is that possible?

She adopts a straight position on her seat, puts her hands together and pays attention to me.

—Are these similar to your dreams?

—No, it’s the first time I see these things… they were almost three and I felt them quite real… I couldn’t see him but I could feel him instead.

—Him?

—Yeah… there was this guy, I don’t know who he is, but I felt him very close to me… you know… like a boyfriend… sort of… kinda…

—Hmmm. Were those three dreams related to him?

—Yes, in different ways. And in one of them he called me CL...

—That’s probably because of the fall. In some cases, amnesia is produced because of a strong impact and sometimes memory comes back with a hit as intense as the first one you had. That is used a lot in the movies.

—That means… If I have a similar hit as the one that left me like this… could I get my memories completely back?

—I cannot assure that, every case is unique. It would be better if you come back and take those radiographies to see if there were any changes.

She opens the folder again and makes some other notes on it, most likely all the things I just told her.

Thinking about the effect of the fall from the bike had on me made me remember three moments of my past had on me and then this guy close to me shows up… If I have more falls or hits on my head, would I have more memories back?

—CL —The voice of the doctor takes me out of my thoughts.— Please don’t do crazy things, ok? With the hit I don’t mean it has to be physical, it could also be emotional.

I keep staring at her, and I think I know what she means… Again, is she a doctor or a psychic?

She stands up and so do I, she gives me the cream and as soon as she opens the door I see Dara and Bom standing up immediately and running towards us.

—So? How is she? Does she have something? Is her back broke? Or is it a rib, her head?

Dara asks almost without breathing. She’s always worried for me. I can’t help but to show her a smile.

—I’m fine, I told you, nothing serious.

—No, she’s lying right auntie?

—No honey, she’s telling you the truth. I just gave her a cream for her back ache because it’s only that. But I already told her she has to come tomorrow for some radiographies.

I see how Dara’s face goes from calm to worried again.

—Why? See! You’re lying to me!

—Dara, calm down woman! Probably it’s just to make sure there’s nothing wrong, right mom?

—Right. Just to keep a track on it.

—Aunt Kyo!

The four of us turn to where the voice is coming. It happens to be Jung bringing a cup of coffee. When he reached us, he gave it to the doctor.

—Do you think my mom will forgive you with a cup of coffee for what you did to our friend?

Bom scolds him giving him a slight punch on his arm.

—You guys and your habit of hitting me! No, this is not to bribe your mom… If anything I should ask for forgiveness and give the coffee to CL. —He looks at me and smiles shyly. — Can you forgive me for what happened? You know it was not my intention.

—I know, don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault. It was actually my fault for not holding me correctly.

—Ha! See! Listen to her, it was not my fault!

—You were the one driving and took her to the dunes making those dangerous spins!

Dara answers crossing her arms making laugh of him. Jung shows his tongue and looks back at me again.

—So… I can invite you a coffee right?

He just finished asking me and Bom hits him with the palm on the back of his head.

—OUCH!!! This is going beyond the limits! This is gender violence!

—You are the one going beyond the limits!

—Oh, I missed these two. I keep waiting for the moment they announce their wedding day. —The doctor says jokingly in a not so low tone of voice.

—NEVER!— Both of them answer at the same time and start a new fight about why they would never get merry.

Doctor Kyo just laughs and says close to me  —I advise you to take a hot bath first and then, before going to sleep, rub that cream on your back on the places where you feel like cramps, I expect to see you tomorrow morning, ok? And good luck with these two.

She goes back to her office sipping her coffee.

I feel a gaze, and as I turn around I see Dara is looking at me in a... different way…. I can’t explain it because I don’t know how to describe it. When our eyes find each other she looks away quickly and hides her face, and I think I saw her cheeks blushing, is she blushing? So I’m not the only one, huh.

I come closer to her and on the background I can still hear Jung and Bom with their childish fight. Dara and I look at them when we hear one of them screaming on the halls of the hospital. It happens that Bom is now chasing a running Jung.

—Have they been always like this?

—Yeah… I’m also waiting for their wedding.

We look at each other and oh! There it is again. Yep, that’s a blush. She’s looking away from me again. I don’t know why, but I think she looks the cutest when she reacts like this, she’s so lovely.

—Hey! I’m hungry; can we go to eat something please!?

We listen Bom’s voice, we smile and walk to the exit.

We had lunch in a small and quiet bar, Jung did not come with us because he said had some things to do, my guess is that Bom did not let him come. Dara is eating in silence, I don’t know what is happening to her. The moment we arrived here she’s been like in her own world. On the other hand, when Bom is not munching, she’s talking me about the other places I have to visit and why I should not listen to Jung.  It is with these comments when Dara adds more comments, she doesn’t want me to stay close to him too.

We finished lunch and were waiting for the bill but Bom says she’ll pay this time, Dara didn’t say a word so I think she might be thinking of something really important and personal. I yawn and with that I notice I feel my body tired.

—Well, we can’t complain. We had a memorable day, it’s a shame we ended up at the hospital because of the stupid Tae, but it was fun right?.. leaving aside that obvious detail.

—Yeah, a day to never forget. — I answer as I rem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter