chapter 2

HADO {English}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I open my eyes and there’s that white ceiling again. It’s the only familiar thing to me. Yeah, a white ceiling, and that’s because every time I wake up, it’s the first thing I see. Everything else is weird and confusing to me. I don’t know where I am, I don’t know what day is today or what year is practically. But because of the heating on the waiting room outside, I perceive it might be autumn or winter. The only stuff I see around me, are machines and wires. I don’t know how many days have passed by already since I’m in this hospital, I don’t even know where it is. They told me the name of this town but I can’t remember if I’ve heard of it or saw it before… Actually… I can’t remember anything at all... not even my own name… I feel anguish and bad about it, it’s horrible and not to know who you are. Immerse on my own empty thoughts and questions with no answer, the door opens and I see a girl with black hair and a smile holding a tray with food. I don’t know who she is, but she’s been here since I woke up and basically making sure that I eat something. She’s very nice and always smiling.

—I never liked hospital food but I gotta admit this looks really good.

I look at her and show a small smile. With another smile she comes close to me and helps me to adjust my place so I can eat with no problem.

—Thank you.

—Not at all. Here, you gotta eat so you can recover soon.

I nod and then start eating slowly; it actually tastes good. I’m amazed because I used to get something without any flavor before this. I eat in silence as she keeps staring at me, it’s a bit weird and uncomfortable to eat like this but I know she’s doing it because sometimes I don’t finish all my food and she gets a mad. By this time, I don’t know how long has it been, but I learned that I have to do what she says, or else she’ll scold me as if I did the worst thing ever. The door opens again and the doctor gets in.

—I see someone brought you the meal already, why am I not surprised you are here Bom? How’s my favourite patient today?

The only thing that comes out of me is a little smile for her. She’s quite joyful and very nice to me, like a mother or aunt.

—I think she looks better. I’m pretty sure they’ll let you leave soon, right mom?

 —If everything goes as now, it’s quite probable. Tomorrow morning we’ll make you some new tests, just routine, don’t worry. - She says as she holds and reads a carpet; I see she makes some notes on it. She leaves it back to it’s place and with a smile she leaves but before closing the door she turns around:

—Oh, I almost forgot, Dara told me she’ll come by later; she had to do some paperwork today.

She turns around and this time she closes the door. Dara. She’s the other girl that’s been here with me since I woke up. I also don’t know who she is or if I’ve seen her before. It’s frustrating not to know who’s by my side.

—That means she’ll arrive complaining, believe me, Dara hates paperwork.

I laugh almost quietly and eat again. This time I finish everything because I was really hungry; I even ate that green jelly I never wanted to try before. As expected, Bom congratulated me and said I won a prize. Sometimes I think she treats me like a little 5 year old girl… well, actually sometimes even I feel like a 5 year old girl. From her bag she takes out a fashion magazine.

—You’ll love it! It’s the latest trend in Europe.

We see through the pages of the magazine for hours, making comments about the clothes and accessories we see. I can’t remember who I am but it seems like I love fashion, I loved everything I saw on the mag.

We were saying some things about a dress when suddenly we remained silent as the door opens and we hear someone whispering complains about how they make her lose her time. Bom and I stare at each other and she winks to me.

—Are they inconsiderate or what? As if I had nothing else to do.

—Hi to you too Dara.

Dara takes a deep sigh and she takes a seat at the bottom of the bed.

—I’m sorry, I just hate paperwork.

I simply nod.

—Told ya.- Says Bom almost in a whisper so I can only listen. I laugh secretly. Dara looks at us.

—Whatever she said, she’s exaggerating.

This time I laugh a bit louder. Bom pretends she didn’t listen and keeps looking stuff in another magazine. Dara just shakes her head, looks back at me and smiles.

—How are you today?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter