chapter 14

HADO {English}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sweet and tender chuckles, we’re sitting on the grass. He’s laying his back against a big oak tree. I’m lying against his chest. He set his arms around my waist, hugging me. I cannot see his face, but I can feel his smile when his lips touch my cheeks with tenderness. I just close my eyes enjoying this moment.

—I like your perfume.

His soft but masculine voice, rings on my ear. It makes me shiver a little.

—It’s the one you gave me as a present.

—That’s why I like it.

He chuckles against my neck; it tickles me.

—Just for that, huh?

He kisses me on my neck and I feel that electrifying shiver running through my body.

—I’d like to stop time and stay like this with you by my side, forever.

I turn my face a bit; I can feel his face quite close to mine. Then I open my eyes, and the first thing I see are those brown eyes full of love.

—Tell me, what is the think that you like the most about me?

—Hmmmm… your eyes!

—My eyes?

—Yeap, your eyes. Your gaze… it’s so sweet, warm, bright…

—Yaaaaahhh! That’s ridiculous! Hahahaha!

A quite familiar laugh shows on scene.  Look to the front and there is … Bom? Running all over the park… laughing all time.

—Lower your voice! You’ll wake her up.

Now that’s Dara’s voice but I cannot see her anywhere and Bom… well she’s still playing and laughing.

—Why don’t you wake her up with a kiss already?!

—Shut up!

—Oooouch! The only one with the right to hit people it’s me!

—Seems to be contagious, as you can see.

 

Her voices are clearer and clearer. I can’t feel the body of that guy anymore, but something softer.

I open my eyes slowly to find the tv off. I’m lying on the couch at the living room. Seems like I fell asleep here. I can still hear Bom and Dara’s voice speaking, but this time quite in a lower. I’m still lying here looking at the TV off, thinking of the dream I just had.

That guy once again. I feel him so close time, again. These days I’ve been dreaming of him in such peaceful moments between us, the kisses, the caresses, and the corny phrases never miss. Is he my boyfriend? Why can’t I see his face? It’s always his eyes or smile. His voice is clearer now, but I can’t remember anything else from him yet, just the things I dream of him but in any of these dreams he says his name or I call him, so he’s still the guy of my dreams-memories. But if he were my boyfriend, shouldn’t I remember him perfectly? Why can’t I remember anything of him? Is he looking for me? Is he suffering because I’m not with him now?

—Yaaaah!!! Bom! You’re beyond all bearing!

—Hahahahaha! You’re so blushed! That means I’m right!

—Unbearable!

Bom and Dara are having one of weird but amusing discussions… well it’s just amusing for Bom.

I decide to get up, just to find Dadoong by my side. I take him on my arms and he puts himself comfortable, he looks like a baby. With Dadoong on my arms I get into the kitchen, where the girls are.

—Oh! Did we wake you up? I told you to keep the volume down Bom!

—Hey! If I can remember well, the one screaming it was you!

There’s a chair empty, so I take a sit leaving Dadoong on my lap. I keep petting his back; his tail looks so funny when I do that.

—I woke up by myself, so stop fighting about it. What time is it?

—It’s 6 in the afternoon, you slept all day. We didn’t want to wake you up, you looked quite exhausted.

—Wow… I didn’t know I was so tired.

—I’ll prepare you something for dinner, your face is so pale. Are you feeling ok?

—Yeah

—It might be because of the nap, but we can fix this with a bit of makeup.

—You want to fix everything with makeup

—Look who’s talking? The one that takes hours getting the makeup done before going to work!

—Isn’t it you the one that always says we have to be pretty because no one knows when will the love of our lives may come up?

—Exactly! I’m glad you paying attention to my advises.

I look at Dara getting up then she winks at me and goes to the kitchen to prepare something so I can eat.

—And how’s the bicycle adventure going so far?

—Very well, it seems like I know how to ride it and my body remembers it. According to your mom, riding the bicycle is something we never forget… but don’t ask me why because not even I understood the explanation.

—So this means there were no accidents?

—At first it was kind of hard, but then caught it up

—Quite well I would say!

Dara comes to the table once again. She sets on in front of me a cup of tea and a plate with homemade cookies.

—You made these?

—Nope, these are my aunts.

—My mom is practicing the recipe for the homemade cookies of my grandma and let’s say there are cookies enough for everyone in the island.

I decide to try my luck with these cookies and wow! They’re delicious! I find a touch of honey and some other flavour I cannot recognize very well.

—I don’t know if Jung infected her or something, but this girl loves extreme things.

—You’re so exaggerated.

—Exaggerated? Me? You almost kill yourself running full speed down the hill towards the town!

—It wasn’t that fast… I could have run even faster no hands! THAT would have been really fun!

—God… I really can’t with this girl… She’ll kill me with a heart attack one day of these.

—Now I understand why Tae is always saying you’re one of their team. You really enjoy the speed. I saw your face when we were at the jet skis last time, you were shining!

—Wha… what??!! You went to the jet skis! When was that?

—Oops….

—Why didn’t you guys tell me anything about it?

—Because we knew you would react the way you are doing it right now.

—Then how would you like me to react if you don’t tell me anything about it, huh?

—Bom told me you don’t like these kind of things, that’s why we didn’t tell you anything… we didn’t want you to get worried about it…

Dara is shooting Bom with her eyes and she chuckles. I think Bom scolded me…

—You like it?

—No, I think that’s dangerous

—She’s scared of the water.

—You shut up

—Of the sea to be accurate.

—Bom!

—Is that true?

Dara looks down, I can feel her shyness. It’s so cute  when she does that.

—Is not that I’m afraid..

Says almost in a whisper.

—She gets terrified.

—You’re quite annoying, you knew that Bom?

Dara says as she looks now at Bom and hits her on the arm; then Bom burst in laughter.

—I thought you liked the beach.

—I love the beach. But the sea…. Let’s say I respect it.

—Summer parties with Dara are everything but fun.

—Stoooop!

—What? It’s the truth, you stay on one spot sitting on the sand with a cup of beer on your hand listening to the music and watching how the rest of us have fun in the water.

—It’s funnier how you guys do stupid things.

—And there you go CL, you’ll have that kind of fun with Dara, yeeeeey!

Bom makes laugh of Dara and she wins another punch on her arm.

—I wonder how I would be like at parties… What kind of person do you think I am?

—hmmm I really have no idea but I’m pretty sure you’d rock the best clothes.

—What do you think Dara? What kind of person I would be?

—I don’t know… I’ve never thought about that… I know you like music because you hum along joyfully when I play my music… hmmm… I think you would be like me, quiet while enjoying the music with a good drink on hand.

—It doesn’t sound bad…

We keep staring at each other for a couple of seconds until Dara turns her gaze somewhere else. Bom sighs and gets another cookie.

—I have an idea! What if we clear this doubt off our minds and go to a night club to dance?

—Dance?

—Yes! To dance! Next week is the Spring Party on the beach and I heard that the Doha Bar will be the host this year, right?

—Yeah... Don’t even mention it. My boss is unbearable with all the arrangements. That’s why my vacations got shorter.

—Well, that would be the perfect moment to know how our CL is partying!

—Sounds fun.

—But I’ll be busy working, it’s not fair.

—Oh… right… well, that doesn’t matter! We’ll see how that can get fixed. I gotta go downtown to see what’s new for this spring! CL, are you coming with me?

—Oh, I’d love to! But I already made plans with Jung. We didn’t set an specific time though…

Just in that exact moment the doorbell rings. Dara attends the call and opens up the door to find Jung standing there with this charming smile.

—Grandma cookies!

He as he rushes to the table to get one super exited.

—Hey!!! These are not yours! I brought them for the girls!

Bom takes the plate away from him.

—I sense a different taste though… but they still have a good taste!

—Mom made them.

—Ooohhh! Aunt Kyo improved in the sweetness.

He takes a sit on the table and Dara can’t hide the disgust on her face to have him at home, but sometimes I catch her laughing secretly at the crazy things Jung comes up with. I think deep in the bottom she likes Jung, very in the bottom.

—Ready for our journey?

—Yes!

—What journey?

Asks Bom curiously as she leaves the plate with cookies back to the table.

—Is it necessary?

Asks Dara in a seriously concerned of voice. I actually consulted here before agreeing to the proposal, but she’s still not convinced at all.

—A tour in bicycle the area near the cottage so I won’t get lost when I go out there by myself. Dara taught me the ways to go from the cottage to the town and back since she doesn’t know the other areas well but Jung knows them perfectly so he offered to be my guide.

—Oh! That is a great idea!

—I don’t know how “great” that can be…

—I told you you’re more than welcome to join us if you want to. –Says Jung as remarking the idea for tenth time.

—You’re obnoxious. You perfectly know I don’t like going over there and my answer would be no. You did it on purpose. I’m perfectly sure you’ll take this chance to be alone with CL and that I would say no to the tour… Detestable!

—You could have surprised me saying yes. Who knows? CL is the kind of girl that makes possible that kind of events.

Jung winks at me and Dara reacts as she always does when he makes such things, grunting.

—And why didn’t I get the invitation?

Bom asks suddenly with her offended face, of course she’s pretending. Jung laughs and even Dara herself laughs at this. Her laughs make me laugh too without knowing why.

—What are you laughing at, huh?

—CL makes miracles but she’s not a saint yet. You? Having dirt all over your uber expensive clothes? Exposing your beautiful and precious nails to the risk to breaking them?

—Let’s not even talk about your beautiful skin! Besides, you wouldn’t even get three feet away with the bicycle without complaining of the fact that you don’t have ai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter