getting Jjong

The Red Shoes

I'm still in shock about all the stuff going on with SHINee ^^. I can hardly keep up. However, here's my next chapter. I hope you'll enjoy it. My mind is already wandering towards another story that I've been writing in my head already for a couple of month. I'm hopeless when it comes to focussing -.-

Anyway, thank you for subscribing, reading, commenting and encouraging me! It really means a lot!

------------------------

“I’VE LOST TWO MEN IN THERE ...” the General shouts, “ ... who tried to save your fairy asses. You better be ready to bear the consequences!”

I know that Jonghyun is short but right now he looks heartbreakingly tiny among the troopers. Oh Jjong, please don’t fight.

 “I can’t believe you’re blaming them for this.” He shouts back at the General. “How could they possibly be responsible?”

But the General hasn’t finished his ranting:

“You wimpy bunch of queers seduce frustrated housewives and then play surprised when the dumb husbands go berserk?”

I can’t help but think ‘this doesn’t even make sense’, since how would we seduce housewives if we were “queers”?

“Sir ...!” one of the soldiers tries to intervene, but Yoon is on a roll.

“Shut up!” he tells the guy off, “people get hurt because of this scum ...”

“Taemin and Kibum got hurt too and they almost killed themselves buying time to get the place evacuated”, Jonghyun shouts. “Do you even realize what they did in there? They could have died ... KIbum still might ...” he breaks off.

“Who needs them anyway?” the General asks with an ugly sneer.

This strikes home and before Minho or I can interfere Jonghyun tries to punch Yoon in the face, but is immediately restrained and brought to his knees by the soldiers surrounding them.

The raging General makes a move to kick Jjong but we can’t have that. Minho and I almost stumble over each other when we both step between them.

Minho bravely shoves Yoon away from his Hyung but there are already a couple of officers I don’t know the rankings of who hold back the General.

“Sir, with all due respect, this has gone too far”, one of them says sternly and I’m really glad that apparently not the entire army has gone nuts.

Yoon’s head whips around to the young officer whose looks seem to bring him back to reason. He takes a deep breath and then deflates like a leaking balloon. The troopers let go of Jjong and I help him to get up. He’s still fuming but I hold him tight. We back off, Minho still facing the General until we’re well on our way.

“... the ...” Jjong spits while I still hold on to him. “Who does that think he is?”

I know it’s pointless to try to argue with him right now so I let him talk while we try to find another taxi to go back to the hospital.

When he finally calms down Jjong timidly asks “how are they?”

“Taemin will be okay”, I answer, “I don’t know about Kibum though, that’s why we need to go back now.”

Minho manages to hail another taxi. When we get on the driver stares at us in the rearview-mirror.

“You’re SHINee ...” he says.

“We’re just three fifth of SHINee”, Minho corrects him and I feel like hugging him for that, “please take us to SNU hospital ... and please keep quiet about this.”

The driver keeps staring until Minho repeats: “please!”

We get off the taxi at the back-door of the hospital again and manage to get in unnoticed. With a bit of asking around we find our way to Taemin who is still pampered by his mother.

Jjong can’t restrain himself and hugs our Maknae tightly for a minute which even makes the mother smile.

“Any news of Kibum?” I ask but Taemin’s mum shakes her head. “He is still in the operating room and they won’t tell us anything since we’re not family.”

I sneak out to look for a doctor or a nurse who might have mercy with us. There are lots of people in the hospital-lobby. I overhear that most of the injured people have been brought to a different place and SNU has only taken in our boys. I just hope everybody is safe.

“Where did you go, for Christ’s sake?” someone asks me and it’s Song, the police officer. “We’ll need you and your friends for the investigation.”

“Yes”, I say kind of embarrassed, “but I need to know how Kibum is first.”

He nods, “I’ll see what I can do. You wait here!”

I’m surprised but glad that he apparently understands how I feel. He walks off to towards information desk where I watch him discussing with the nurse in charge. She puts him on the phone.

I suddenly realize how much I’m sweating. God’s Kibum, please be safe.

Song returns the receiver to the nurse and comes back. I’m trying to read his face, looking for hints. He smiles at me.

“Don’t be desperate”, he says, “they have removed the shard. It only grazed his spine and missed the heart.”

“What does that mean?” Jjong asks behind me.

“It means he’s alive and there is a good chance he will not only survive but be okay. He’s still unconscious though and not yet out of the woods.”

“Can we see him?” Minho is there too.

“Maybe later. For now you will need to come with me and answer some questions.”