THE STAR & THE COMMONER

YOU+ME=US

            “What the hell Jinyoung?” Jaebum slammed a file on the coffee table before slumped on empty one seater sofa. “I heard your manager quit again!”

            “Ain’t my fault…he’s the one who wanted to leave…I’m not gonna stop him…” Jinyoung said leaning against the leather sofa with his legs crossed. There’s a can’t-be-bothered-about-anything expression on his face.

            “This is the fourth time in six months…what am I gonna do with you Jinyoung ah?” Jaebum massaged his left temple. He had enough problems to deal with and when Jinyoung decided to add his own little drama to the mix, it became too much for him.

            “The guy was nosy…did he have to be wherever I go?”

            “He’s your manager for god’s sake! Of course he needs to be wherever you go.”

            “He was…” Jinyoung sneered.

            “Yaa Park Jinyoung! I don’t have time to joke around…” Jaebum sounded serious.

            “Oh c’mon hyung…it’s not a big deal…find me another manager and problem solve…”

            “You think so?” Jaebum glared at him. “Do you think it’s easy to find anyone that could stand your childish behaviour?”

            “I know you can…you always do…”

            “You’re lucky that you’re my cousin…otherwise I would just kick your out from this agency…”

            “You wouldn’t do that to me…I’m your only cousin…besides, I’m one your hottest star here in JB Entertainment…”

As much as Jaebum wanted to deny it, it was a fact that he had to admit that Jinyoung was one of his top stars in the agency.

Park Jinyoung, a successful young idol/model turned actor and one of the hottest Hallyu stars. Armed with his good looks, Park Jinyoung could make head turns men or women wherever he goes. With two successful movies and dozens drama under his belt, he is the pinnacle of Hallyu Wave, garnering fans all across the nation.

            “And what is this thing I heard going on between you and that model Junho?” Jaebum asked staring at Jinyoung.

            “He’s just a friend…nothing serious…” Jinyoung said while fiddling with his phone, playing games.

            “I’m telling you Jinyoung ah…there better be no more scandal like last year…you know how hard it is for me to clear those rumours up?”

            “Just chill hyung…I’m not in the mood for any relationship right now…”

            “Yeah right! Next thing I know, you got caught on camera on some secret date with some model or actor…”

            “That can’t be bad…I’m a human after all…I need love…” Jinyoung pouted.

            “I’m serious Jinyoung ah…can you please be responsible for your action once? That’s all I’m asking for…you’re not some 18 year old teen idol for goodness sake…”

            “Yea, yea…” Jinyoung answered uninterested. “Yes! New level!” he pumped his fist to the air. “Look hyung, new level in Candy Crush…” he laughed.

            “What am I gonna do with you Jinyoung ah…” Jaebum shook his head.

            “Just love me unconditionally and you’ll be fine hyung…” Jinyoung chuckled and blinking rapidly at Jaebum.

*****************************

Mark stopped and plopped on the matted floor. Sweats running from his forehead to his jaw. He liked being in the gym, practising his martial arts moves whenever he can…it made him calm and in peace.

The quiet environment is something he needed the most after his work, dealing with all the hype and chaotic world of the entertainment business. Not that he don’t like it, he loved the showbiz but sometimes it can get a little too overwhelming…even for someone like him.

            “Hyung…what are you doing in the here alone?” his friend Youngjae said and switched on the light.

            “Nothing…just doing some thinking…” Mark smiled.

            “And by thinking you mean flipping mid-air, throwing kicks and punches to invisible targets?” Youngjae grabbed a bottle of water from the floor and handed it over to Mark.

            “Thanks…” Mark quickly gulped down the water.

            “So, problem in the paradise I guess?” Youngjae sat across Mark.

            “How did you know?”

            “Hyung…I’ve known you for years…there’s only one reason you came here during your busy schedule…you and Hyunwoo hyung had some kind of rift…”

Mark sighed and lay down on the floor looking at the ceiling above.

            “You wanna talk about it?” Youngjae asked with concern looks.

            “I dunno what to do anymore Youngjae ah…he’s being so difficult right now…I mean…his jealousy was always an issue…”

            “Jealousy?”

            “Yeah…you know my line of work right? I work with celebrities and right now I have Jackson with me…”

            “Jackson? That new variety-dol?”

            “Yeah…it’s only a temporary period but you’ve seen how Jackson on TV right?”

Youngjae nodded.

            “The boy was clingy and touchy-feely kinda guy…Hyunwoo thought I was flirting with him…”

            “That’s ridiculous…you’re not like that…”

            “I told him that but he’s having hard time understanding it…we talked about it and end up fighting…sometimes I think I made a mistake for even being in a relationship…single forever suddenly becoming more appealing to me.”

Youngjae laughed.

            “Hyung…trust me, single forever is not appealing…AT ALL! Look hyung…all I can say is…if you’re not happy, why continue with it? It’s only gonna make you stress…”

            “I dunno Youngjae ah…maybe I should give him more time…”

            “Well…suit yourself…” Youngjae got up. “Now…lets go get some dinner because my stomach is begging to be filled…”

            “Are you buying?”

            “Of course…”

            “Let’s go then…”

 

Just a glimpse of the two main characters...

Updates are coming soon so....stay tuned...

Flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!