Chapter | 2

Illusion of an Insecure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl with pronounced curves smirked at him as she moved her hips to the beat of music. She started moving her hair from one side to the other seductively and occasionally touched her s as she her lips in an almost so irresistible way. Chanyeol watched her from a distance. He was sitting at the bar with a drink in his hands while he was devouring the girl with his gaze without any shame. And unable to hold back any longer, he finished his drink and started walking towards the hot girl, who smiled satisfied to have gained Chanyeol’s attention.

“Hi handsome.” She said seductively when the boy was in front of her.

The guy didn’t even bother to reply her greeting, he merely attacked her lips aggressively, pushing all his ual and emotional frustration on the artificial redhead. She didn’t stay behind, she put her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her y body as he put his hands on her hips to slowly descend to her , squeezing it hard, making the girl let out an moan, which allowed him to slip his tongue into . After their fight of dominance he began to kiss her jawline and then go down to her neck, on where he the girl’s soft skin, which had a vanilla flavor. He loved vanilla, because that was the smell of the cologne and of the shampoo that used his ex-girlfriend. And suddenly he found himself thinking of her; in her warm smile, in the way in which she wrinkled her nose when she was upset, the way in which she said his name so sweetly, the way in which her hair looked like a nest of birds when she just woke up, the way in which she made him feel like the luckiest man on earth and in the way she told him she loved him. He really missed her, he missed her so much that he couldn’t sleep at night. He missed her so much that he thought about her every single day. He missed her so much that nothing could satisfy him, even now, he was making out with a hot girl with a hot body and he still felt unsatisfied. No woman could replace his girl. No woman could compare even remotely to his Yuna. No woman was perfect enough to be compared with his former girlfriend. He always knew that. He always knew she was the one, but his "natural" impulses surpassed him in a horrific way or could also be explained by the fact that he had grown up with a father who didn’t value women, so slept every night with a different woman cheating on his wife most of their married life. He had grown up with that image, which was ingrained in his skin and now it was almost impossible for him to stop sleeping with different women. However, when Yuna left everything became very confusing, dark and meaningless. He began to doubt about his bad practices, he never felt as ashamed of himself as now. But he couldn’t change. He tried it once, but all his efforts were in vain. Chanyeol didn’t know what to do, he was really lost without the love of his life, without the only girl he had loved in his twenty-three years of life, his first love, and it's sad to know that everything was over in that awful way.

It had been six months since the last time he saw her. Six months since she had said those words that shattered his heart, and four months after the deadline, and she never came back for him. And the irony in all this was that he was sure that she would come back, because he knew that Yuna was completely in love with him. In other words, he underestimated her, took her for granted. He was so sure that he would have her again in his arms that didn’t even doubted it for a second, he merely devoted himself to wait patiently for her, but he didn’t saw her again after that. When he realized that she wouldn’t come back he wasted no time and went in her search. First he had called her by phone, but the number had been out of service, so he had to go to her house. However, unfortunately she was no longer there, she had moved. He was so heartbroken, felt that his world had collapsed in an instant. He had fallen to his knees and began to cry as a little child calling for his mother. He didn’t know what hurt him more, the fact that she had run away from him without a proper goodbye or the fact that he was the one who ruined everything in first place, because if it weren’t for his bad habits his girlfriend would never have broken up with him. And after a few minutes of despair he stood up, wiped his tears and decided that he wasn’t going to give up, never. He would find her at any cost, but despite having worked so hard – as never before – he failed to discover her whereabouts, and it killed him. He just wanted to hold her again and tell her how much she meant to him. Chanyeol just wanted to see her again.

He was so immersed in his thoughts – which were filled with Yuna – that he hadn’t even realized that now he was in one of the rooms that were on the second floor of the facility, always available for couples who couldn’t wait to get to a motel or something. The girl was lying completely on the bed, ready and willing. He didn’t know how long he had been standing there watching her body with a blank stare, but the girl was already getting impatient, so she stood up and started walking sensually towards Chanyeol, who didn’t even flinch when the girl started rubbing her voluminous s against his chest. He wasn’t even aroused and his not so little buddy down there didn’t seem to cooperate with the matter either. The only thing on his mind was Yuna and nothing could distract him, not even the girl who was offering herself on a silver platter. Hence he placed his hands on her shoulders with gentleness and pulled her away from him with an apologetic smile and then – without waiting for her reaction – left the room, but not before putting on his t-shirt.

He didn’t want to surrender. Didn’t want to give her up, but it was so hard. He didn’t know where to look for, who to talk to. He had been an idiot for not having cherished her when he had the chance. He had been a jerk to not realize how much she was suffering and he would never forgive himself for having driven away the only girl he had ever loved.

Now what? Now what would he do with his life? He had been pretending all these months. He had been pretending that everything was fine and that sooner or later Yuna was going to come back to him, but deep down he knew that at this point she must have forgotten about him already, that was the only explanation of her absence. Yet he didn’t care. No matter if she no longer loved him because he would still love her, praying that someday they would meet again, just to see her cute baby face again.

She looked in the mirror for the fifth time and wasn’t satisfied with her outfit, so she changed her clothes again. And finally – after seven attempts – she chose a black dress, a black leather jacket and boots of the same color. A pretty decent outfit for a date, the girl didn’t want to overdo it and seem too anxious, she had to take things slowly after all. She put her purse strap over her shoulder, one last look to the mirror and got out of the house quickly. She looked at her wristwatch, realizing that she was running late, so quickened her pace.

She was going to be honest, she was really nervous, not so much for having a date but rather by the fact to reopen her heart again. The girl didn’t want to get hurt again after her disastrous – but at the same time beautiful – first relationship. The truth was that it was really unexpected, he just wanted to take her on a date all of a sudden, and even though he was always professing his "deep love" for the girl she thought he was just joking, so yeah, it was totally unexpected and since his feelings were apparently real, she accepted delighted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter