Chapter | 5

Illusion of an Insecure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two were lying in her bed, curled up comfortably. Chanyeol had her wrapped in his arms protectively, trying to hide her from everyone and everything. They were in a ghostly silence and neither of them wanted to break it. She had her head on his chest, listening to the soothing beat of his heart, that was the only sound she wanted to hear on the time being.

Yuna felt empty, listless. She wanted to keep her mind blank, because if she thought about Baekhyun knew that she was going to cry once again. The girl never thought she could love him like this. Never thought it was going to hurt her this much his departure. And worst of all, she wasn’t so sure of her decision anymore. After spending all day in bed with Chanyeol, her mind began to ask questions, and possible decisions were hovering into her mind. She began to cast doubt on everything. Did she really wanted to say goodbye to Baekhyun? Did she really wanted to give to her still ex-boyfriend another chance? Did she really loved Chanyeol more than Baekhyun? Because her heart was saying something else, dictating otherwise and she was no longer sure of anything. Her heart was a mess and she was afraid. She was afraid to regret her decisions in the near future. She was lost and her heart was split into two.

“Chanyeol…” She whispered against his warm chest.

He squeezed her unconsciously, pulling her even closer to his body, if that were possible. “Tell me, babe.” He whispered back softly.

“Chanyeol…my heart aches too much. I feel empty and Baekhyun’s face is etched in my mind.” She said dryly, lifeless. She didn’t want to say these things, but she really needed to.

The guy closed his eyes and tried to calm himself, since he hated the fact that his girlfriend were thinking of that other guy. He knew it was his fault, because if he hadn't slept with so many girls, Yuna had never broken up with him, she never would had met Baekhyun and she never would have fallen for him; everything was his own fault. He was the one who allowed her to be on this mess. He hated this situation. He hated Baekhyun for stealing a part of her heart, but above all, he hated himself. If only he had known how to love her right earlier none of this would be happening right now. But it was too late, she was already confused with her feelings and he couldn’t do anything to help her. He just hoped that she could forget about this guy and that everything could be like before.

“Yuna, I’m so sorry. It's all my fault. But you must know that I love you and that's not going to change. I just wanna be with you until you are ready to take me back.” He said softly, still with closed eyes.

“I love you too, Chanyeol, but I need time.” The girl said without passion in his voice. It was as if she was on autopilot and he noticed it.

“I'll wait for as long as necessary.” He said solemnly. That’s right, he would wait a thousand years only to have her heart once again. He loved her too much to give up at this point, after all she had broken up with Baekhyun for him, which means that Chanyeol had already won half of the race...right?

He started her hair gently, trying to make her feel better, even though he knew that this simple gesture wouldn't fix anything. She was broken and this time his love could do little about it, because at this moment she was struggling with herself; an internal struggle that wouldn’t end from one day to the next one, this was a whole process.

Suddenly he heard how her stomach growled loudly, desperately begging for food. She hadn’t eaten anything for the whole day and her body was beginning to resent it.

“Yuna, you need to eat something.” The guy announced for the sixth time. He had been all day trying to convince her to eat something, but she wouldn't budge.

She sighed, knowing she couldn't go on like this. “Can you cook something real quick?” She asked reluctantly.

He grinned, happy that she had come to her senses once and for all. “Of course I can.” He said in a cheerful voice.

She sat on the bed so he could get up leisurely.

“I want to go with you.” She said lazily.

The guy chuckled. “Come here, big baby.” He said taking her in his arms, knowing that this is what she wanted, after all, he knew her like the back of his hand.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck as she put her chin on his left shoulder. Meanwhile the guy wrapped his arms around her small waist as he squeezed her protectively. And in this position they went to the kitchen.

“It would be much easier if you let me cook, babe.” He said chuckling, as he had tried to get her away from his body so we could cook, but she wouldn't let go. She was clinging to him like a cute koala.

“Don’t want to. Let's stay in this position, the food can wait.” She said sniffing the boy's neck. She loved his smell, it always soothed her.

Just then her stomach growled once again in protest at those words, making him laugh amused. “But Yuna, you’re starving!” He said her back.

It is true she was hungry as hell, but didn't feel like eat any food for now. However, she didn’t want to worry him, so she reluctantly let go of his torso and stood in a corner of the kitchen like a good girl for him to finish cooking. Chanyeol looked at her occasionally to make sure she was still there with him, because she was utterly silent and every time he looked at her she was with her eyes on her feet, completely absent. He missed his Yuna, missed her smile with cute dimples and the way in which she said she loved him. He missed her and knew that that Yuna would never be able to return completely. How could he win back her heart? How could he make her understand that he couldn't live without her? How could he prove her that life wouldn’t be so bad without Baekhyun? He didn’t know and only time could help in this bleak situation.

“You are doubting me, right?” The girl said all of a sudden.

Chanyeol was surprised to hear her voice, not only because he didn’t expect her to speak so soon but he was surprised of the distant and cold tone of her voice. He turned around and looked into her eyes with an arched eyebrow, questioning her intentions, because he never even thought about the possibility of doubt her. He relied on his girl blindly and nothing would change that.

“Why are saying that? You know I trust you more than anyone.” He muttered with a scowl, somewhat offended by her assumptions.

She shook her head stubbornly. “I know you're doubting my feelings for you. I told you that I love you, but you're still not satisfied with that, don’t you? Well I’m sorry, Chanyeol. Sorry for falling in love with Baekhyun.” She said impatiently, frustrated by the situation in which she was immersed.

Obviously he knew about her feelings for Baekhyun, he only had to remember how sad and devastated she was when she was breaking up with him, but the fact that she admitted it out loud hurt too much.

“No, Yuna. Don’t you realize you're the one who is questioning her feelings?” Chanyeol said harshly.

She gasped in surprise, because somehow it was true. At that moment her emotions were unclear and her feelings a whirlwind of insecurities. Her eyes watered and stared at her ex-boyfriend desperately. “But I love you.” She sobbed.

The guy softened and approached her immediately. When he was in front of her he bent to be at the same height as her beautiful hazelnut eyes. Then he gave her a sweet look. “I know...I know you love me, but I know you're still confused and is understandable, after all you just break up with this guy and you need time to assimilate it. As I said, I'll wait patiently.” He said sweetly, hoping that in this manner he could dissolve some of her insecurities, because it was all he could do to help her for the time being; give her space and time.

Yuna, still with tears in her eyes, smiled slightly. It was a very weak smile, but at least it was sincere. Oh God, he missed her smile so much. “Thanks, Chanyeol.” The female said softly.

The guy smiled sweetly and cupped her face, wiping her tears gently. “I love you, Yuna and that will not change.”

She nodded like a little girl, happy to have a man so understanding at her side when she needed it the most. She brought her face close to his and looked at his lips, contemplating the possibility of kissing them, after all she didn’t want to rush things with the guy, but she wanted to kiss him so badly right now. Chanyeol, as if he had read her mind, ended with the short distance between them and claimed her lips with sweetness. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close to her body, she wanted to feel his warmth.

It was a sweet and delicate kiss. It was amazing to feel her lips after so long and just now he realized of how much his body had yearned for her kisses, her caresses. He didn’t need anything or anyone as long as she were by his side.

The days went by, as well as weeks and everything seemed compromising for both of them. They were not in an official relationship yet, she still had a serious problem of trust. Yuna trusted in Chanyeol, but after everything that happened she had to be cautious. Since she didn’t want another disappointment, not now that her heart was still extremely unstable. And that was something she hadn’t confessed to Chanyeol yet. She always tried to smile and show that she was happy with her current life, but deep down she was lonely and hurt. Her heart longed for just one person and she didn’t know if she would be able to tolerate it any longer. Chanyeol didn’t suspect anything and she wanted it to stay that way, since worrying him was out of the question. The girl wanted to go through this process alone, after all it was a journey of personal discovery.

They were buying groceries at the supermarket. They were holding hands, walking around the place as he pushed the shopping cart with one hand. She was humming absently as he took care to throw in the cart everything that was written on the list that he had previously prepared.

“I'll go for the candies.” The girl suddenly announced. “Lately I've been craving for it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter