Bonus #3

Illusion of an Insecure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The unexpected silence was driving her crazy, filling her soul with infinite newly created insecurities, her mind was already preparing for the worst, thinking of strategies to get out of this awkward situation. Baekhyun just wasn’t saying anything, and Yuna didn’t have the courage to look at him to check his expression, she just wasn’t ready to face that, fearing that she had been wrong and realize that the guy didn’t want to be part of this after all. They were both young and had never talked about getting married, much less about having children together. And with this in mind the girl became increasingly convinced that she had ed up. But what could they do now? It was too late to become aware of it now, she was already pregnant and abortion wasn’t an option. It didn’t matter if this was what she wanted or not, since the baby was already on the way due to their irresponsibility anyways. She was scared, confused and intimidated, now she didn’t even know if Baekhyun wanted this – although she knew he would never leave her alone independent of his reaction –, yet it wasn’t time to panic. Yuna would have to face this sooner or later, and she would have to face her boyfriend anyways t some point. Hence, determined to act with a little more maturity, she looked up to finally see Baekhyun’s reaction. When she made eye contact with her man she opened her eyes wide open, not believing what her eyes were seeing; Baekhyun was already staring at her intently, but his eyes were filled with tears, reflecting a longing and tenderness she had never seen before.

“B-Baekhyun…” She whispered, shocked by that unexpected expression.

Immediately the boy knelt in front of her, making his way between her legs and gently hugging her belly, resting his head on it. Despite being in a state of disbelief and deep confusion Yuna wrapped her boyfriend's head in her slender arms, caressing his scalp absently as she tried to make sense of the situation.

“Baekhyun.” She murmured again, hoping he could express his thoughts and emotions verbally once and for all, because she was as confused as ever and she needed to feel safe.

She heard him sigh softly. “Honey, I'm just very happy.” The guy merely said, nuzzling her stomach tenderly with the tip of his nose.

“What?” She whispered in disbelief.

Hearing the deep uneasiness and confusion in her voice, he pulled away from her slightly and looked up, studying Yuna's expression carefully. She was looking back at him with trembling eyes, her gaze reflecting how truly frightened she was with this whole situation and he understood her, after all the boy acknowledged that this wasn’t the best time to be parents. Baekhyun knew from the moment he fell in love with Yuna that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with this special girl, but there was a time for everything, and for the time being he had only wanted to enjoy her lovely company. However, the baby was already here and now that everything began to materialize he couldn’t stop thinking that everything had been work of destiny. Maybe the baby was unexpected, but not unwanted, definitely not. A child; a fruit of their most sincere love was simply a blessing and despite having just learned of the good news he had already pledged to be the best father his child could have. Now his whole life began to make more sense, started to take shape and knew that this was the beginning of a great and beautiful life next to the person he loved madly. Now when he looked at his future he could clearly see the family he had longed for.

“Baby, don’t be afraid. I'm with you and we will do this together, because I always want to be by your side.” He smiled sweetly, looking at her with sincerity and commitment.

But, “I'm not ready to be a mom, Baekhyun.” Yuna whispered with moist eyes, on the verge of tears. “I know there's nothing to be done about it, but I cannot help feeling this way.” She continued trembling.

“Hey, my beautiful baby," He began gently, “I'm scared too, but we have each other. Everything is going to be okay, trust me. Just imagine the moment when you can finally have our baby in your arms, just imagine looking at those innocent eyes that look at the world for the first time, and imagine holding those little hands for the first time ever, you're going to think that such a dependent little creature is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen in your life.” He said smiling with a tender eye-smile.

At this point the girl was already in tears, but not because of the anxiety caused by the idea of being a mother but by the beautiful words of her man. Because she could see it ... she could see everything Baekhyun had described and could also feel all those emotions perfectly. All those sweet words made her understand that this creature that was already developing inside her was going to be the most important person in her life and that she would love their child unconditionally for the rest of her life. And just like that the bond was already formed, love had made its way to her fragile heart and she couldn't wait to meet her baby. Though the best thing of all this situation was that the love of her life was going to be there next to her, holding her hand since she knew her boyfriend had no intention of letting her go anytime soon.

“Thank you. I love you.” Yuna sobbed, feeling so much better. Maybe she had gotten pregnant very soon for her liking, but she was happy, she really was now that she had processed – with the help of her sympathetic boyfriend – what was happening.

"I love you too. Always." He said standing up, leaning slightly to gently kiss his girlfriend's forehead. "It's a relief though. I was so scared of your health, sweetheart." He added chuckling under his breath. He had really thought that his girl was at risk and just thinking about that he got anxious all over again. "In the end, you were just pregnant. That's ... really a relief." He repeated as if he were consoling himself instead.

Yuna immediately stood up and hugged him tightly as she listened to the anguish in his voice, hiding her face into the crook of his neck to inhale his delicious scent. “Sorry to have worried you, baby. If I had taken care of myself none of this would have happened. I'm just happy that the baby is okay.” The girl murmured quietly with her lips pressed against his soft skin.

Baekhyun wrapped her in his arms immediately, enjoying this very significant and special moment. "I'm just happy that you're okay, my baby girl.” He murmured quietly, placing a kiss on top of her head.

She giggled giddily, feeling so lucky to have someone who cared so much about her well-being. "I know. What would you do without me, huh?" She said nuzzling her lover's neck with the tip of her nose cutely.

He squeezed her tightly between his arms. "I would probably be lost with no reason to live." He responded right away, with an apprehensively solemn attitude.

She chuckled. "Don’t be silly, Baek."

“But it's true, Yuna. I think you still don’t realize how much I need you, how much you mean to me. The love that I have cannot even be described anymore. The word love is not enough to explain what I feel for you.” His voice had become serious and he hugged his girl as if his life depended on it. This woman was everything to him. He didn’t know when he had fallen so in love with Yuna to the point of needing her with every fiber of his being, but he knew he would never let her go, not without a fight at least.

Yuna began to blush quickly at those words, but she couldn’t help but smile widely, because she felt the same way. It was extraordinary and rather implausible, because she had always had the belief that in a relationship you couldn’t be loved equally, in fact there was always one who loved more in a relationship and she saw it as something normal and expected. Yet Baekhyun had shown her another way. Hearing him say those things made her understand that, since she could relate to every word he had said, they felt the same way and that was a wonderful thing. The girl had always wanted to have a relationship like this; full of love and commitment, and finally – after going through a relationship that hadn’t worked at all for her - she could find it with this wonderful and ever so loveable man.

“Of course I realize, Baek. That's exactly the way I feel about you too.” She raised her head to look into his eyes with intensity.

There they were, looking into each other's eyes expressing through their eyes all the affection they had for each other. Everything was perfect; the situation was perfect, the atmosphere was perfect ... all that was missing was to seal those beautiful words with a passionate and sweet kiss, and that was exactly what they did.

Living with a pregnant woman was much easier than Baekhyun had hoped for honestly, and part of that was because Yuna was behaving like a little sunshine, which was ironic because he thought she was going to behave the same way as when she had her period, but oh well, he wasn't complaining in any way. But contrary to his thoughts, his girl was shining oh so brightly; her smile brighter than ever and the aura around her was ridiculously sweet and motherly. The first few months his girl was still getting used to the idea that she was indeed pregnant, just getting used to this new whole experience, but these were undoubtedly the hardest months, after all she was still somewhat scared by all this and the fact that her body started changing little by little made everything more distressing for her. She had suffered from low self-esteem all her life and now she had to deal with her inevitable weight gain and everything that meant being pregnant, mostly physically speaking. Nevertheless by the time she reached her seventh month she had finally fully assimilated everything that was happening, in fact she had learned to really love her pregnancy. Her swollen stomach was huge, so everything had become more real and now that she could actually believe that there was a little living being developing within her she found herself talking to her unborn child affectionately while gently caressing the surface of her big tummy all the time. Besides Baekhyun was always there when she needed him, either to help her with housework or to give her moral and emotional support when her insecurity surfaced from time to time. So everything was going perfectly.

And of course Baekhyun loved to see his girl so happy and radiant. Generally, according to some people, when a woman was pregnant she lost her appeal, but that couldn't be further from reality, because he loved the way his girlfriend's body had evolved through the months since it reminded him that the child his girl was carrying was his and that brought great pleasure to the possessive part of his being. Baekhyun was so happy to be able to say that this woman was the mother of his unborn child that his chest was filled with pride at being able to claim this woman as his own ... although there was still something to be done to make it official though and he was working on it.

"Are you uncomfortable, baby?" Baekhyun asked quietly, nuzzling his nose into Yuna's swollen stomach, kissing the surface sweetly in the process.

Surprisingly Yuna loved being pregnant, but sometimes the discomforts were too much to ignore and be overcome by her optimism and willpower. Just as now for example, the girl was unable to fall asleep despite the fact that it was midnight due to the kicks and movements that came from her uterus. Generally their little bee – nicknamed by Baekhyun’s courtesy – didn’t give big problems, especially at night, the time of day where the baby best behaved surprisingly, but for some reason now the child was restless. It was at this time that she thanked the heavens for having found a man like Baekhyun, since the latter decided to stay awake just to accompany her, and in the process he was trying to calm their little bee with the sound of his voice. Supposedly babies inside the uterus were more sensitive to high voices, yet their child was quite enthusiastic when it heard Baekhyun's voice, and perhaps it was because Baekhyun always sang to it. The boy wasn't a professional and lacked technique, but it was very pleasant to hear him sing, even Yuna had learned to love his singing.

"Yeah, a little bit. Our little bee doesn’t want to sleep yet." She responded laughing softly, her boyfriend's scalp, who still had his head on his stomach, trying to hear something.

"My poor girl." He murmured quietly. "You naughty baby! Why don’t you let your mom sleep? She's so tired." The guy teased his unborn child playfully, caressing the skin surface with his fingertips, gently, tenderly. "Should I sing a song?" He asked leaning his chin on the big baby bump to look up at his girlfriend with cute innocent eyes.

She smiled sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter