Bonus #1

Illusion of an Insecure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I hate you!” The girl shouted with watery eyes, but refused to cry in front of her supposedly insensitive boyfriend.

Baekhyun glared at her while his frown deepened. He was trying really hard to not lose his temper, but it was increasingly difficult to try to understand her when all his girlfriend was doing at the moment was yelling how much she hated him. Deep down those words hurt him, but now he was too blinded by rage to worry about it, because the only thing he wanted to do for the time being was talk sense into her. Yuna wasn’t being rational, quite the opposite in fact, she was being dominated by her unstable emotions, which kept changing minute by minute.

“Yuna, don’t say that, I know you don’t hate me. You’re just being incredibly childish.” He said folding his arms across his chest, keeping a controlled and yet dominant tone of voice, letting her know that there was no room to negotiate about the matter; his words were final and nothing, not even a tantrum of hers, was going to change his mind this time.

“So what if I’m being childish? I hate you anyways! You really want to ruin my life, you stupid. I don’t want you anymore.” She whined childishly, crossing her arms in imitation of her boyfriend while she turned her head to avoid looking at his face.

Once again the boy watched her expression carefully for a few seconds, and when he realized that she had no intention of changing her attitude, he started massaging his temples to attempt to calm down and to not explode right then. Usually he had an endless patience when it came to his girl and her whims, since he had no problem in giving her everything she asked for, because he wanted to give her everything he had to offer and much more than that. However, when it came to her health he wouldn’t give in to her if it meant jeopardizing her well-being and that was precisely what was happening now. This whole stupid argument began when Yuna asked her boyfriend to buy her a cake, but the latter flatly refused reminding her gently that she had strictly forbidden consuming sugars which were not natural, because five months ago Yuna was diagnosed with diabetes. At that time she hadn’t been so affected by the news since she never was a fan of sweets in first place, so she could live without sugar for the rest of her life, but the girl never thought that sweets would be her primary craving every time she was in her period. And to add fuel to the fire she turned every time into a completely different person during her menstrual period, the always shy and introverted Yuna changed into a more daring, sensitive and irritable Yuna, which Baekhyun really respected from the bottom of his heart, after all being a woman sounded painful for him. He always tried to be understanding when his girlfriend’s mood got out of control by the hormones that roamed the building freely, but the girl was being particularly stubborn today.

“Please, Yuna, can we forget about this already? I don’t want to fight anymore. If you want I can buy you a sugar free cake.” He offered with exhaustion in his voice. These fights always ended up for exhausted him mentally, because Yuna in her period was really intense.

She refused to look at him, still upset about not having gotten her way as usual. Baekhyun always did what she wanted and in a normal situation she wouldn’t take advantage of that, but when her monthly friend arrived she could be quite manipulative. But here he was, with folded arms across his chest looking at her with determination, decided to put a stop to all of this. And even though she was really upset, deep down she knew her boyfriend was just trying to take care of her, so the girl had to act maturely. But again, the craving of wanting to eat a delicious chocolate cake seemed to be stronger than her rationality.

“If you don’t bring me a ing chocolate cake right now I’ll go for it by myself!” The girl finally yelled as she stared into his eyes furiously.

However, her gaze softened when she saw the tired expression of her boyfriend, who just remained silent while his eyes begged her to stop this fuss once and for all.

She immersed herself in his eyes and when she saw how exhausted he was after dealing with her she simply couldn’t stand it any longer, and just like that her anger and frustration vanished into thin air. Baekhyun’s face resembled a kicked puppy, so without thinking twice, she approached her puppy and wrapped her arms around his waist as she buried her face in his warm chest. The boy immediately put his arms around her small shoulders pulling her impossibly close to his body, resting his chin on top of her head.

“I’m sorry, Baek. I got out of control again.” Yuna murmured against his chest, squeezing him between her thin arms.

He chuckled with relief, she had finally come to her senses. “Well, I'm glad you're back, I was about to kick you out of the house.” He burying his nose in her hair to smell her distinctive scent of vanilla.

He felt how she trembled with laughter against his body. “You’re mean.” She whined still with her face buried in his chest.

“Oh, I’m mean now? But if you're the one who told me you hated me. That hurt me, you know.” He murmured with his lips glued to the top of her head.

Okay, now she felt really bad. Yuna knew how irrational and tedious she could be under these circumstances and she hated when her boyfriend became into an object to release stress, it wassimply unacceptable, but little or nothing she could do about it; her conscience couldn't win against her emotions when she was on her period. However, there were lapses of time where she could finally take control over her mind, such as now.

Yuna raised her head and looked up at him with an adorable pout. “I’m sorry, baby! I was being so unfair to you. How could I do this to my lovely, cute, adorable, patient and beautiful boyfriend?”

Baekhyun giggled cutely, showing in all its glory his cute eye-smile. “Yah!” He exclaimed still giggling. “You're describing me as if I were a girl. I'm not beautiful, Yuna, I'm handsome.” He corrected her gently.

She frowned as she shook her head. “What are you talking about? You're beautiful and adorable, and let's face it, you're somewhat feminine, Baek.” She said grinning teasingly.

The boy narrowed his eyes playfully, and swiftly – in one quick motion – scooped her up and placed her on his right shoulder as if she were a sack of rice, making her shriek at such unexpected maneuver. Now her world was upside down, giving her a great view of her boyfriend’s , which made her think that this wasn’t so bad after all.

“I'll prove to you how manly I am, babe.” Her boyfriend said patting her .

She couldn’t help laughing. The truth was that her boyfriend had many facets. Baekhyun could be adorable, looking like a playful puppy that fed of his girlfriend’s love. But he could also be mysterious and seductive when he wanted to get something, which usually led to one thing; . Likewise he had too his manly and protective side, especially when they were in crowded places in which any man could take advantage of that and molest her or something, and although it had never happened before, Baekhyun was not willing to let that happen on his watch. Yuna loved each of those facets considering that each of them made the man she loved dearly, but like everything in life the girl had her own preferences, and she believed that the adorable version of him was too precious to not be her favorite. But again, that didn’t mean that the other versions of him were not welcome. Baekhyun as a whole was captivating and special, and she was absolutely and irrevocably in love with him.

“What do you think you’re doing? Let me go.” She whined pinching his repeatedly. “I'm getting dizzy, Baek.”

And just like that her boyfriend tossed her on a soft surface that seconds later she would recognize as the sofa, and before she could react, her boyfriend was already on top of her supporting his weight on his hands which were at the height of her head. Baekhyun was staring at her intensely, unsmiling, with dark and alluring eyes. For a moment she was speechless, confused by what was happening, but after a few seconds she knew exactly what her boyfriend was trying to do. Therefore, she put her hands on his chest and tried to push him slightly, but he refused to move.

“Baekhyun, common! We can’t now, if you haven’t noticed I'm with my damn menstruation.”

“I don’t mind. Nothing will prevent me from giving you a lesson, babe.” He whispered pressing his mouth to her ear.

“Okay, that’s disgusting. Do you want me to spill blood all over the couch?! Eww.” The girl reproached still trying to push him away, and contrary to her expectations, her boyfriend pulled away from her slightly to look into her eyes with a pout, making her roll her eyes. Of course, when it didn’t work his seductive look he used his cute side.

“Come on, it'll be fun! Besides…” He started to say with slightly red cheeks. “I want to know how it feels like.” He admitted sheepishly.

She looked at him puzzled, since she didn’t understand how her boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to have with blood in between, for her it was just plain uncomfortable and disgusting.

“Absolutely not. Never in my life, Baekhyun. Forget it, I will not ever do it. That’s gross and just no. No. No. No.” She refused seriously, just thinking about it made her want to vomit.

“But-”

“Baekhyun, no.” She cut him off immediately. “Besides I still want to eat something sweet, Baek. What can we do?” The girl asked when she remembered her cravings.

The boy took a deep breath resignedly, accepting that he wouldn’t experience how it feels like having with his girlfriend during her period. So instead he put his full attention back to her needs, or rather to her whims. “What if I go to the supermarket to buy you fruit? I know you really like fruit and you can eat it freely, so it's a healthy choice for my princess.” He said before kissing her nose.

Her face lit up as if it were a Christmas tree. Fruit was fine, especially if it helped with her own health and her boyfriend’s mental health as well. “Okay! I like the sound of that.” She grinned boyishly.

Baekhyun smiled back, satisfied with her answer. And after giving her another kiss on the nose, he made a move to get off of her, but before he could do so she put her arms around his neck to hold him in place. He looked at her questioningly, wondering what she planned to do now, but she just smiled and kiss him sweetly. No matter how much time went by, the sensations she experimented each time they kissed were still the same; the butterflies were still there, the jitters whenever he touched her was still there and the electricity the girl felt every time her lips met his was still there as well. And just when she thought she couldn't love him more, she fell in love a little bit more with him by each passing day. She no longer imagined a life without Baekhyun, in fact the female didn’t even remember how life was before he came along. It was very strange, but she had never felt something so strong towards someone, not even with her former boyfriend. Baekhyun was everything she wanted in a man and at the same time everything she needed in life.

“I love you so much.” He whispered when they pulled away from each other to catch their breath, staring at her with such adoration and love that she felt like melting.

“I love you too, baby.” She said with red cheeks and a shy smile. “Even if you don’t want to buy me that delicious chocolate cake.” She added smiling playfully.

The boy rolled his eyes with an endearing smile. “You still have fruit though.” He stood up, and this time his girlfriend didn’t stop him.

“I want to go with you.” She raised her arms in his direction.

Baekhyun chuckled. “Fine, come here.” The boy lifted his girl from the sofa as if she were a baby, with extreme care and delicacy. She immediately wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck, clinging to him as if she were a sloth, while he had his hands on her to keep her firmly in place.

So, in this position, he went in search of his cell phone, keys and wallet. And when he made sure he had everything they got out of the house. Since the supermarket was close enough Baekhyun decided to walk, with his girlfriend still in his arms.

When they reached their destination Baekhyun left his girlfriend on the floor, a little tired for having carried her in his arms for more than fifteen minutes, and immediately took a cart. The first thing they did was go in search of her fruits, since that was the reason to come here in first place.

To be honest Baekhyun thought his girl would go crazy and would want to buy more than needed or something like that. But he was pleasantly surprised when Yuna only put in the cart just strawberries and a couple of bananas for the benefit of his wallet. Usually the guy had no problem with pamper his cute girlfriend and buy her whatever she wanted regardless of the price, but now he had to be cautious with the money because he was saving to buy a house for both. Currently they live separately, the girl in her small house and Baekhyun in his apartment, and occasionally he would sleep over her place. Actually now he felt more comfortable in his girlfriend’s house than in his own apartment, mainly because he was so used to her presence that when he was alone in his apartment he ended up feeling really lonely. At first he was nervous to tell her that he wanted to live with her, not sure if that was what she really wanted, after all he felt somewhat insecure about their relationship. He was afraid to be the only one who wanted to take the next step or the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter