Chapter | 1

Illusion of an Insecure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was moving to the beat of the music, enjoying the moment as if there were no tomorrow as I held my drink on my right hand tightly. I moved my hips sensually as I put my arms in the air, completely mesmerized by the music. My throat was dry and I was sweating like crazy, but I didn’t care, I just wanted to let myself go. I brought the glass of vodka to my lips and took a quick sip. I felt that at any moment I was going to faint, but as you can imagine that detail didn’t stop me.

Suddenly, in the distance, I saw something that wasn’t surprising at all to be honest, but it never failed to hurt me. My boyfriend was dancing with another girl as he kissed fiercely, like a hungry animal. I was used to see him in that way with some other girls, it has always been like that and I knew it wasn’t going to change for the time being. That was how our relationship worked and I was the idiot who tolerated such behavior.

It hadn't been exactly love at first sight; he was too cocky back then and I was too elusive. He was a playboy and I had been inexperienced in the field of love. I had never had a boyfriend before, because to be honest, I had never thought about dating nor boys, much less boyfriends. I only had time to study and to please my parents, nothing more. My life had been all about work and grades. I admited now that it was a pretty boring life. But everything had changed when he came into my life for more cliché that this may sound.

I had met him when we were in our senior year; he had been transferred to my class and as expected by his oh-good looking appearance all the girls had been mesmerized by him, and since then he had started receiving a confession from a different girl every single day.

I had developed the habit of watching him from afar as I cursed him inside my head, because I couldn't understand how someone like him – an arrogant, cold and distant jerk – could be so popular among girls, but what I really had failed to understand was why girls were still throwing themselves to his arms knowing that it had meant nothing to him, knowing that he only had wanted to play with their feelings, knowing that in the end all he was going to do was to break their hearts. At that time I had been unable to understand it and I had really despised those girls for not having self-respect. However, now I knew that someone couldn't understand how that felt like unless she experienced it herself and that was exactly what had happened to me. Now I fully understood those girls, and the truth was that I was not any different to them. The only difference was that somehow he loved me back. I still didn't know what exactly he had seen in me, it just happened and although his actions said otherwise, I knew he loved me. He may have played with different girls since we started dating, but the way he looked at me, the way he touched me, the way he smiled at me told me that he loved me sincerely. That was in what I believed in.

It was amazing how someone could fall in love with someone who used to hate, it was really impressive. At first I had tried to avoid him at all costs, but he hadn't left me alone for some reason. He had been always there to wherever I went, following me everywhere always asking for a date, but my answer had been always a negative one. I had gone crazy with because of his insistence, but I had managed to remain calm, since in any case I had thought that at some point he was going to just give up. But contrary to my expectations he hadn't given up, so finally I had agreed to go on a date with him. Just a date and everything would go back to normal, I told myself back then. Yet things hadn't gone according to my plans, because when I knew a little bit more about Chanyeol I had realized that he wasn’t as cocky as he he seemed, he wasn’t a cold person at all and he made me laugh pretty often. He had made my life an adventure, made it exciting and fun. From that moment I had realized that I didn’t want to push him away anymore, because if I did I knew I would regret it later. Ironic, since here I was, in the middle of the dance floor watching how my boyfriend was kissing another girl passionately without a care in the world.

In situations like these was when I started to think about in what I had gotten myself into, when I started to wonder if it was really worth continuing in this strange relationship in which the only one suffering was me.

But I couldn't end this. No. It was too late for me. I couldn’t stop. I really couldn't. I was  in love.

When I realized that Chanyeol wouldn’t end his affair with that girl anytime soon I decided that I could also have some fun. If he could fool around with half of the nation, then I also had the right to do so. Therefore, after drinking the remainder of vodka that was left on the glass, I left it somewhere that I couldn’t remember and I started dancing again as if there were no tomorrow. My head was spinning in a wild way, I had no idea how I was still able to stand since I didn’t even could feel my body, but I didn’t care.

Then, after a few songs, I felt how someone took me by the waist, which I appreciated very much since I felt that I would fall at any moment. The stranger held me from behind, so I couldn’t see his face, hence I turned around with some difficulty to come face to face with the guy. I smiled immediately. He was very handsome and cute, his adorable eyes were melting me. I didn’t know if it was the alcohol in my system or not, but I put my arms around his neck as I got closer to him. Something that I would never do if I were in my right mind, after all I was quite shy. The guy began to touch my body with his apparent experienced hands as he looked into my eyes with lust and something more that I couldn't unravel. While we danced he closed the distance between our bodies, and I found myself enjoying it a little too much. In fact I was caught between going home to finally let myself go or stay here with this attractive and cute guy who kept devouring me with his eyes, and I decided for the latter.

The stranger put his hand on my neck and drew me to him gently, pressing his lips against mine ever so gently, kissing me softly as if he were afraid to break me. I found myself kissing him back with hungrily, and I wasn't going to lie, it felt very good. As the seconds passed by, the kiss became increasingly desperate and violent, but I liked it. I felt that I was really wanted for once in my life and that clearly raised my low self-esteem. It wasn't easy to date a guy highly demanded by every girl. Sometimes I felt like I wasn’t good enough for him.

I could feel how his hands began to descend down my waist to my hips. I started to get nervous since I knew this wouldn’t end in the way I expected. I admited that he was a good kisser, but definitely it wasn't in my plans to go further than kissing. I wanted to push him away from me and escape from his addictive lips, but I was too weak to make my body react like the way I wanted. However, as if the guy had heard my thoughts, he released my lips, finally.

Even in my drunken state I could tell that he had lust in his eyes, but there was something else I couldn’t decipher, tenderness maybe? If I weren’t so high I could even swear that the stranger seemed to know me. I was so focused on make an effort to recognize the guy that I didn’t realize that he took me by the wrist, dragging me to only God knew where. When I realized what was happening I tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but he was much stronger than me and it didn’t help much the fact that I was about to pass out.

“N-No…p-please.” I managed to say quietly. The music was quite loud, but the guy managed to hear me anyways since he stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me.

“I-I d-don’t…want to.” I said again as my head was spinning around.

The guy gave me an unreadable look, then approached me and started kissing me again. I didn’t fight him, instead I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him as close as possible to my body. I didn’t understand why I was acting like this, but after thinking about it a little longer I came to the conclusion that I wanted to take revenge on my boyfriend. Plus this guy really knew how to satisfy me, but I had a limit and I won’t have with him. I only wanted some fun as Chanyeol always did. There was nothing wrong with that, right?

“Don’t ing touch her!” Someone yelled pretty close to us and all of a sudden I had been separated from the cute stranger. “What do you think you're doing with my girlfriend?!”

I was disoriented, but I could tell that I was into the arms of another person. I looked up to see the face of the newcomer and after a few seconds I recognized my boyfriend’s face. He had one arm around my waist, holding me tightly. I could tell he was very angry, in fact he was arguing with the stranger, but I had no idea what they were saying since I was too dizzy. The only thing I noticed was that Chanyeol was losing his patience slowly. And when I thought he couldn’t get any angrier he let go of me to walk over the guy with the intention of hitting him, but before he could do something stupid I managed to hold onto his arm.

“Y-Yah…d-don’t…do…t-that.” I said haltingly. “Just h-hold m-me…I think…I-I’m…going to f-fall.” I said when I was about to fall on my knees, but my boyfriend was fast enough to wrap me in his arms and save me from the fall.

“Why did you drink if you know you have such a low resistance?” He asked angrily.

My yeollie was angry. He looked cute though.

“D-Don’t be angry, babe…you look ugly when you are f-frowning. Wow…Your e-ears…are soooooo b-big.” I said smiling like an idiot.

His frown deepened. He wasn’t at all amused by the situation. “You’re drunk.” Said with his irresistible deep voice.

“You g-giant! H-How dare y-you? I’m…g-good you see…better t-than eeeeever…and there are two Chanyeols…y-yah…you’re soooo w-weird…and ugly…I don’t want y-you.” I started babbling nonsense, and although I would like to bite my tongue to keep from talking I freaking couldn’t.

He scoffed annoyed. “I can’t believe you get drunk and were about to leave with another man! What were you thinking for God’s sake, Yuna?!” Exclaimed irritated by my irresponsibility.

“D-Don’t yell at me damn d-dumbo…and he was a very good kisser y-ya know…w-where is h-he aaaanyways? Yah you stranger!...I-I’m here…c-come and s-save m-me f-from this idiot!” I started to say aloud, trying to raise my voice in vain.

It wasn’t my intention to say those words, but it was too late to take it back because my boyfriend was already furious. He glared at me and then lifted me abruptly putting me on his shoulder, what a gentleman, I looked like a sack of potatoes now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter