The perfect plan

Trying: The 'sort of' Sequel

In which Jongdae and Jongin spend some quality time together 

~

The only 'quality time' that Jongdae got to spend with Jongin was when the two of them were at the nursery. Jongdae didn't class this was actual quality time as there was usually a whole class to look after and by the time he and Jongin got home, Joonmyun would be on his way back from work and that never gave Jongdae the chance to have some actual time to spend with Jongin alone. 

He wasn't too bothered, okay maybe sometimes it bothered him just a tiny bit, but Jongdae just wanted the chance to sit down and have some bonding time with Jongin. The kid acted pretty cool when he found out his dad was dating his teacher, but Jongdae just felt that they needed some extra time together so that they felt comfortable around each other, so that he knew Jongin really was comfortable with the idea of his dad dating somebody he knew pretty well previously. He just needed that reassurance. 

"How would you feel about going away for the day and leaving me and Jongin here for some bonding time?" Jongdae asked one night as he and Joonmyun got ready to go to bed 
"I thought you and Jongin were pretty close already, why would you need bonding time?" Joonmyun questioned with a frown making Jongdae sigh and shrug his shoulders. 

"We are it's just... the only time I get to spend with him when you're not there is when we're both at the nursery and even then there's a bunch of other children I need to take of. I guess I just want some time where we can spend some quality time so I can get to know him a bit more" 

Of course Joonmyun just went along with it and agreed to leaving Jongdae and Jongin alone for the day. He even had the perfect date; one that required Joonmyun to go to a family event and after what happened the last time he brought Jongin along to one of those, he wasn't so keen on bringing his son and introducing his boyfriend to his extended family just yet. 

 

 

Jongdae had the perfect day mapped out; spend some time at the park and getting Jongin to join in a game of football or something. Then they would have a little picnic at the park for lunch and if Jongdae's memory served him right, there was an ice cream stand which served Jongin's favorite ice cream flavour and to top it all off Jongdae would later on take Jongin out for something like pizza or some form of fast food; that way he didn't have to cook and the two of them could spend some time singing cheesy songs in the car or something.  

It was the perfect plan! 

"We won't be able to go out today... will we?" Jongin asked as he and Jongdae stared out the window at the rain pouring down outside 
"Afraid not" Jongdae replied, both of them sighing as they continued to watch the rain, the bag full of their food and football remaining in their spot by the front door. 

So much for being able to go out and being able to spend some quality time with Jongin. Jongdae felt like just giving up and resulting to letting Jongin watching television whilst Jongdae found something to keep himself entertained until Joonmyun came hom, but nope, he was not going to let the rain ruin his day! He was determined to spend the time with Jongin, even if it meant staying cooped up inside all day. 

"Are you sure?" Jongin asked when Jongdae proposed his idea to him 
"Sure!" Jongdae replied excitedly, running over to grab the bag and football before pausing "But maybe we should move some stuff around so we don't run the risk of breaking anything" 

 

 

Sounds of laughter, a slightly over excited Jongin and a chipped plate or two (totally not Jongdae's fault) later and Jongdae had managed to get Jongin to calm down enough so that the two of them could settle down and tuck into their dinner before it go cold. Tonight's meal consisted of takeaway; Jongdae having no desire to cooke, the need for he and Joonmyun to go out shopping the next morning and it required no effort to ring up and ask for a home delivery. 

"Yummy?" Jongdae asked and took Jongin holding his plate out and asking for more as a suitable answer to his question 
"Thank you dad" 

There it was again. Since Jongin had called Jongdae this since his birthday, there had been a few instances where the word 'dad' had slipped out though each time Jongdae had put it as a mispronounciation of Dae instead. Each time Jongdae was curious though as to whether it was a mispronounciation or whether Jongin was getting into the habbit of calling Jongdae dad as well as Joonmyun, and there was no better time to ask than the present. 

"Dad? I thought you already had a dad?" he asked 
"I do, but I also have you and I don't call you mum because I have mummy, so I call you dad instead" Jongin replied and Jongdae knew that was a sound comfirmation that this was not a simple mishap with his name. 

"I am allowed to call you dad, right?" Jongin asked when he saw how surprised Jongdae looked 
"Y-yes. Of course" he replied instantly "I-I mean if you want to that is" 

It occured to Jongdae later on after thinking the conversation over in his mind that of course Jongin wanted to call him dad, otherwise he would never had started the whole business of doing so in the first place! 

 

 

It was well into the night by the time Joonmyun had returned home. Stepping through the front door to find that everything had been moved around, he had no idea if this was Jongdae's idea of a prank or that something had happened. 

With no sign of neither his boyfriend nor son anywhere in sight, Joonmyun set of on a hunt for the two of them, stopping by Jongin's bedroom when he saw some light peeking through the gap in the door. Seeing both asleep on Jongin's bed with a book lying on the floor and Jongin curled up on Jongdae's side was enough to make Joonmyun squeal very quietly to avoid waking the two of them. 

Not having the heart to wake Jongdae up and ruin this moment, Joonmyun decided to just make sure the two of them were tucked in properly for the night and leave the teasing until the morning. At least this way Jongdae got to spend the quality time he wanted with Jongin in the first place and Joonmyun got a bed all to himself for the night! 


Kim Jongbro's get their chapter! And I tried to make it as fluffy as I promised previously!! 

Fact for the day: somewhere in my mind I thought 'Call me daddy' would have been a good name for the chapter. Then I remembered the fuss when everybody thought Call Me Baby was going to be called that and just *shudders* I don't want to think about it again... 

Until the next chapter!!