Birthday buddies

Trying: The 'sort of' Sequel

In which Jongin and Kyungsoo get their joint birthday party 
(in reference to chapter twenty-five of the other fic)

~

"Where are we going?" Jongin asked, gripping his dad's hand tightly as he and Kyungsoo were being led somewhere by their parents with blindfolds covering both their eyes. The intial plan was to have the two of them close their eyes or put their hands over them instead, however after having Jongin being caught two or three times peeking, the only way to resolve the issue was to blindfold both of them so they wouldn't ruin the surprise. 

"You'll find out soon" was all Joonmyun would tell him, lifting him up so that he didn't risk missing a step and falling over. Kyungsoo had remained silent throughout, the only noise he made was when Jongin kept peeking and the two of them had to wear blindfolds. All he had done since then was keep a firm grip on his mum's hand and stepped down slowly when she asked him to. 

"Are we almost there mummy?" he asked, bumping into his mum when she finally stopped walking and moved to stand behind him. Doing so with Jongin, Joonmyun and Kyungsoo's mum shared a glance at each other before a nod of Joonmyun's head and the two of them removed the blindfolds. 

Jongin and Kyungsoo heard the shouts of surprise before they could see the people who had shouted it at them. With their eyes finally adjusted to the scene in front of them, both of them were dumbstruck.

"What's this for?" Jongin asked, turning to his dad with a frown 
"Well, it was Kyungsoo's birthday yesterday and your birthday tomorrow. If I remember correctly, the two of you wanted to have a joint party so here it is" Joonmyun explained, smiling when he saw the expression on Jongin's face change from confusion to excitement. 

Kyungsoo had already run over to where everybody else was. There were a few children from Jongin's ballet class along with some children from Kyungsoo's after school club he went to waiting for his mum to finish work to pick him up. Members from both of their families were also there and right in the middle stood two birthday cakes; one jam and on chocolate. 

"We couldn't make it half jam and half chocolate like you asked, but we hope these are good enough" Joonmyun explained as Jongin nodded his head, turning arund and pausing with a frown 
"Where's Jongdae?" he asked, though he didn't have to wonder long. 

When Jongin saw Jongdae walked into the garden, he began running towards him but stopped when he saw that Jongdae was holding something 
"Look a puppy!" one of the children shouted and soon a large crowd had gathered around Jongdae to get a good look at the puppy for themselves. 

"Come on Jongin!" Kyungsoo called and waved him over to stand next to him. When Jongdae caught sight of Jongin he crouched down and held the puppy out for Jongin to pet himself. 

"What breed is it?" his niece- Hyomi- asked 
"It's a toy poodle" Jongdae replied as the puppy let out a small bark and though it made the children jump slightly, it didn't take long until everybody was back to adoring it like they had been previously. 

"What's its name?" another kid asked 
"Well it doesn't have a name right now. However I think Jongin can come up with a good name" Jongdae replied, turning to him and holding the puppy out. 

"Go on, this is your puppy" he said as Jongin's eyes widened and he turned towards Joonmyun
"You got me a puppy?" he asked 
"As an early birthday present. You have to promise to be responsible and look after it like a big boy" Joonmyun replied as Jongin nodded and took the puppy from Jongdae. 

"I got a puppy!" he squealed excitedly as Kyungsoo opened up a present somebody had given him and gasped 
"I got my own action figures! Now I won't have to use the evil guy to play the good guy!" he shouted as he hugged the gift close to his chest. This was turning about to be the best joint birthday party the two of them had yet! 

 

 

By the time the party had ended, Jongin had managed to christen his new puppy Monggu, both he and Kyungsoo had been spoilt rotten and all the children present at the party had eaten enough cake to keep them from wanting to eat anything else later on! 

"This is the best day ever!" Jongin announced, waving goodbye to Kyungsoo before Joonmyun led him back inside. Almost immediately the puppy- Monggu- came bounding over to Jongin barking excitedly and it took Jongin a lot to calm the puppy down before it would sit with him and remain well behaved. 

"I should think so! I mean who else gets a cake as big as yours for their birthday?" Joonmyun replied 
"We still have quite a bit of it left. I call the biggest slice!" Jongdae announced from the kitchen, the sound of plates clattering as he grabbed some from the cupboard and got cutting a slice for himself. 

"Save some for me! I haven't even had a slice yet!" Joonmyun called back "Come on Jongin, before he eats it all!"
"I'm not hungry anymore, I think I ate too much" Jongin replied, proceeding to sit in the living room with Monggu situated next to them as he began watching television and Joonmyun left him to it. Maybe it was wise if Jongin didn't eat anymore chocolate for today- he didn't want to be clearing up his sick later on after all! 

"No Jongin? I thought he would have come running at the offer of cake he didn't have to share with anybody else" Jongdae commented 
"He says he's too full up" Joonmyun replied with a shrug and Jongdae looked genuinely surprised; it took a lot for Jongin to not want to eat anymore. It was just as surprising as the time he discovered just how obsessed with chicken the boy was! 

"It's an actual miracle" Joonmyun could hear him mutter as the two of them began laughing and Joonmyun was handed a slice of the cake. Seeing how Jongdae had been true to his word of getting the biggest slice, Joonmyun was tempted to called him a greedy pig, however knowing that Jongdae was prone to starting food fights he didn't want to have clear the mess up later on (seeing as Jongin and Jongdae had left him to do just that after the last food fight they had). 

Taking a bite into the cake, Joonmyun was very satisfied pretty much straight away. The cake was expensive to buy, yet if it tasted like that it was so worth his money! Hearing the all too familiar sound of Jongin running towards the kitchen, both of them- reluctantly for Jongdae- stopped eating and waited to see what he wanted. Instead of saying anything though, Jongin ran forward and wrapped one arm around Joonmyun and the other around Jongdae as he brought them in for a hug. 

"What's this for?" Joonmyun asked as he ruffled Jongin's hair 
"Because I had the best day ever" Jongin replied happily before turning to hug each of them individually, starting with dad. 

"Thank you daddy" as Joonmyun lifted him up to properly hug him 
"Anytime buddy" he replied as Jongin wrapped his arms around his neck before turning to Jongdae and holding his arms out so the guy could take him in his arms. 

"Thank you for my puppy dad" and hearing Jongin call him dad, Jongdae stilled, eyes widening and giving himself a chance to calm and hug Jongin back just as tightly before putting him back down on the floor and watching him run back to the living room. 

Jongdae was never this silent, Joonmyun had never known Jongdae to be this silent unless he was asleep. Joonmyun knew however that the only reason Jongdae was acting like so was because Jongin had just called him dad. Both of them were probably thinking the same thing; maybe it was a slip of Jongin's tongue and he probably meant Dae instead of dad... it was possible! 

"This is turning into one big cheesiness fest" Jongdae finally piped up, eating the remainder of his cake slice as Joonmyun ruffled his hair like he would Jongin and smiled when Jongdae whined and moved away, whining about how he didn't want his hair being ruined. He was cute, too cute, kind of like his son... 


I actually had to research the names of Kai's dogs and their breeds to get the part about the puppy right... 

I had to include the birthday buddied bonus chapter! I couldn't leave it as I did in the original fic that would have been too mean! And the last part about the 'dad' incident, we shall touch on that in a later chapter and it shall be fluffy and cheesy and you will all die from the feels... I guarantee it! 

Until the next chapter!!