Hear those bells chime

Trying: The 'sort of' Sequel

In which Jongin wants Joonmyun and Jongdae to get married, but both of them have ideas of their own

~

Ever since his mum's wedding, one thing that stuck out the most to Jongin- equally confusing him the most half the time- was that his mum was married, his friends at ballet practice parent's were married, kids from school's parents were married. Even Kyungsoo's mum and step dad had been married and before that she had been married to Kyungsoo's dad, so how come Joonmyun and Jongdae weren't married?

"I thought everybody was supposed to get married" Jongin pointed out when he had asked Kyungsoo over lunch why it was possible his dad and Jongdae hadn't gotten married yet. Though they were both still young, they were able to come to a mutual agreement between the two of them that whilst Jongin may be the 'wiser' of the two, Kyungsoo was definitely the smarter and therefore when he couldn't go to his dad or Jongdae to ask questions, Kyungsoo was the next person he went to.

"I don't know, maybe they don't want to" Kyungsoo replied, taking a big gulp of his milk and wiping his hands across his mouth to get rid of the milk moustache left behind "Ask them when you get home later"

Yeah, Jongin would do just that!

 

 

It's over dinner that evening Joonmyun notices something is up. For starters Jongin had a ballet lesson today and that usually meant a dinner time where he would be talking non-stop about what he had done in that lesson, whether the teacher praised him, even asking if he could show them a new move he had learned, yet Jongin had been sat there eerily quiet not muttering a word. Secondly, tonight was chicken night and if Joonmyun knew his son well enough he knew that when it was chicken night Jongin did not leave anything to waste, yet there he was playing with his food with a stern frown plastered onto his face.

"Alright mister, what's up?" he asked, having waited long enough to see if Jongin was going to eventually speak up and tell him what was bothering him

"Why aren't you and Jongdae married?" Jongin asked and, okay, Joonmyun was not expecting that to be the problem. Jongdae was also just as surprised and was for a moment completely useless in trying to help a bumbling Joonmyun explain to him that whilst it was okay for two men to be dating, some people didn't really like the idea of them being married. It wasn't completely frowned upon, but wasn't exactly universally loved.

"I don't really want to get married" he eventually replied "I just don't see the point in having to marry in order to prove your love to someone"

"And I've never really thought of marrying anyone before" Joonmyun added "The whole idea of marrying someone and having a huge ceremony has never appealed to me"

Their answers only seemed to confuse Jongin. Why wouldn't they want to get married? Didn't people have to get married in orer to buy a house? To have a family? Wasn't it abnormal for two people not to be married?

"But I thought you had to get married"

"Look, buddy, not everybody has to get married. There are those who live together- like me and Jongdae- who have kids and they never get married. There are couples who do get married but in the end it doesn't work out. You don't have to get married, it's not the end of the world" Joonmyun explained and began thinking who on Earth his son took after when it came to being a very curious and question loving boy!

"So that means you won't be able to go on a holiday like mummy has?" Jongin asked

"Honeymoon?" Jongdae substituted and smiled when he saw Jongin nod his head "Well, we can still go on holidays, right? In fact, we can go on one this summer maybe. You'll be off from school, I'll be off from work and I'm sure your dad could get some time off of work as well"

Hearing that there would be a possibility of a holiday, Jongin seemed to have gotten over the idea that his dad and Jongdae would never get married pretty quickly. In fact he looked very, very excited and turned to his dad almost demanding to know if they really were going on holiday or not.

"Well I do have quite a few holiday hours left" he said

"See! So it's possible for us to go on holiday. We could go to Jeju, maybe visit your grandparents in Japan" Jongdae suggested

"Maybe even go to China. I've just gotten back into contact with Yixing so it would be nice to see him again" Joonmyun added and though Jongdae agreed with the suggestion, paused and thought about Joonmyun's suggestion to go to China when it clicked.

"Yixing? Wait, is that who I think it is?"

Jongdae was most definitely not a jealous person, he hardly got jealous over anything, yet this was an exception and Joonmyun was taking great pleasure in seeing him like this. Jongin of course was completely oblivious as to what was going on, getting himself excited over the prospect of a holiday abroad for once instead of going somewhere like Busan as they had done previously, but he still had one more question to ask.

"You two don't want to get married... but I can still get married, right?" he asked

"Jongin, whatever you want in life, if you work hard towards it you can have whatever you want. If you want it that bad and work for it, then yes, one day you can most definitely get married" Joonmyun replied and finally satisfied, Jongin went back to being his normal self, finally settling into his chicken. Joonmyun may have had his child sorted, but now he had a jealous partner in Jongdae to deal with.

"So, Yixing huh?"

Joonmyun wasn't going to hear the end of it for the rest of the night...


I thought this chapter would be cute... because who doesn't love a cute, fluffy chapter where they all discuss marriage anyway?

Oh! And about why Jongdae was getting just slightly jealous over the mention of Yixing. Back to the original story in Chapter 13, during a conversation with Joonmyun Jongdae asks him if he's ever been with anybody and Joonmyun replies "... there was this exchange student from China, but it was nothing serious. I guess we... fooled around" hence when Joonmyun finally mentions a name and China Jongdae's like "Woah wait a minute!"

Now I'm tempted to add him into the fic somewhere...

Whilst I try to figure out how and if I can fit Yixing into this somehow I will say this now before I forget; we are getting closer to the return of Tao. It may be in the next chapter or the one after that, but he is returning...

Until then!