Her Past

Can't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her Past.

 

Both Yuri and Yoona were seated outside of the dean’s office waiting to be called on. After a couple of minutes, one of the office ladies called Yuri and Yoona to go into the dean’s office.

"Good morning Ms. Kwon and Ms. Im. Please take a seat,” the dean said as he stood up from his chair.

He was a middle aged man wearing glasses, that rested on the bridge of his nose, with gray hair and almost bald. They both took a seat in front of his desk waiting for what he was going to say. He took a seat in his chair and folded his hands on the desk.

“As you can see, the university school newspaper stated that you two have been quite…” the dean trailed off searching for the right word to say.

“Intimate,” Yuri finished for him.

“Ah yes. That’s the word. Even if it’s not true, the pictures are enough. Well because of that we do not accept such behavior at SoShi University.”

Both Yuri and Yoona tensed up. What if I get kicked out? They both thought at the same time. How can I explain this to my parents? What if the company did the same thing?

“Usually we would kick the students out for this kind of behavior, but since you two are well known in both SoShi and Korea and you guys shot up the popularity of the university like a rocket, we will keep you in this university.”

They both sighed in relief. They didn’t want to go home saying to their parents that they got kicked out of the university for doing something daring. 

“But if I ever find out that this happen again, you will know the consequences. Understand?”

They both nodded and were excused by the dean to go to their classes. They walked back to their class in silence, not wanting to say anything about the situation. They took their seats besides their best friends once they reached their classes and resume the lecture from the professor.

“What happen Yoong?” Tiffany asked when Yoona took her seat.

“Nothing,” Yoona responded coldly.

Tiffany pouted, “It must be something if they sent you to the dean.”

“I told you it’s nothing, okay? Stop asking.”

Tiffany puffed up her cheeks and sighed. Even she can have a limit of taking the cold deer.

“Are you happy that you are being a pretend couple with Yoona?” Taeyeon whispered, not looking at Yuri.

“Sure I am,” Yuri smiled.

“You two will have to put up the act if you don’t want to cause any conflicts. Do not confess to her and do not fall in love with her. It should be pretty easy for you since you break so many people’s hearts.”

Yuri in the air through her teeth and clicked her tongue, “Alrighty.”

“You remember what happened, right?” Taeyeon said bitterly.

Yuri grimaced. She knew what she was talking about.

“Of course I remember. I remember it as if it was yesterday.”

“I don’t want you to end up like me,” Taeyeon whispered and lowered her head as if she was looking at her paper.

“Taeyeon… do you…”

Taeyeon’s ears perked up. Never did Yuri call her by her full name. It was only if she was serious, or was confused about something.

“What is it?”

“Do you still love her?”

Taeyeon gripped onto her pencil tightly. If she gripped it any harder, it was going to snap. Yuri noticed the grip Taeyeon had on her pencil and tugged onto it. Taeyeon loosen her grip and it dropped onto the desk making a small sound.

“No. I am already over her.”

“What if she came back for you?”

“Yuri, don’t start with the what if. It is never going to happen. It has been two years already.”

“You never know.”

Taeyeon ignored the last comment that Yuri said and listened to the professor rambling on about some mathematics stuff. It was then that the topic she and Yuri talked about entered her mind. She never set her mind on the topic ever since she broken up with her ex-girlfriend. She was heartbroken when it happened. She loved her with all her life, promised to protect her, and promised that she would never leave her side. But then it all shattered when she decided to leave her.


*FLASHBACKS


“SUNYE-AH! Don’t leave… please…” Taeyeon pleaded with tears welling up in her eyes while grabbing onto Sunye’s arm.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon-ah. It’s best for the both of us,” Sunye slowly pried Taeyeon’s hand off her arm and walked away with the suitcase rolling behind her.

“Why Sunye?” That made her stop walking.

“Why so suddenly? Why did you just decide to break everything between us? Everything that happened with us for three years? Why?” Taeyeon’s voice cracked as she shouted gaining people’s attention in the airport. 

“What did I do wrong?” she said in a calm voice.

Sunye turned around and looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon couldn’t tell if she was looking at her, staring at her or glaring at her since her tears were blocking her vision making Sunye’s figure blurry.

“It’s all a game Taeyeon. You are such a fool for falling in love with me in the first place. I never loved you,” Sunye said coldly and walked away to the terminal.

The tears that were welling up in Taeyeon’s eyes flowed furiously down her cheeks. She wanted to run up to Sunye and shake her telling her what she said right now, was a lie. But she couldn’t move her legs; the words struck her hard leaving her heartbroken. 

Later on that day she ran to Yuri’s house and barged into her room without greeting her parents.

“Taengoo?” Yuri wheeled around in her chair away from her desk and saw Taeyeon’s puffy red eyes and tears stained face.

She gasped and scrambled up to her feet. Taeyeon walked up to her and hugged her and sobbed on her shoulders.

“Yuri… she’s gone… she played on me…” 


It was the first time Yuri has seen Taeyeon cried ever since they were childhood best friends. Taeyeon was always the strong cold one while Yuri was the playful one and would cry to her for her problems. 

Taeyeon’s relationship with Sunye wasn’t what she expected. It all started off being a pretend couple when Sunye suddenly dragged her into the situation. She started to develop some feelings for her and thought that it was wrong to do since it was all an act. That’s when she couldn’t take it anymore. She decided to confess her feelings to Sunye and fortunately, she responded the same thing. Then after a good three years relationship, it all came crashing down.

After that event, Taeyeon blocked everyone out from her life except for Yuri. 

It’s funny how love can make a person do so many things.
 

-*-*-*-*-


Time flew by quickly as class already ended. The whole day was free and the students either went to their dorm and jumped on their bed or just hanged out in the courtyard.

Tiffany decided to go out for awhile and enjoy the scenery that she hadn’t really gotten a chance to look at it. She wore a red plaid blouse where her cleavage was almost visible, blue skinny jeans, white flats and sunglasses to block out the sun for her view. 

She walked out of her room and looked for Taeyeon to tell her that she was going out, but couldn’t spot the older girl. Thinking that she was already out, Tiffany walked out of her dorm and headed towards the dormitory building exit. 

The smell of fresh cut grass, non-polluted air and various flowers relaxed Tiffany once she stepped out of the building. She closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh air and exhaled. She sat down on one of the benches that were half on the sidewalk and grass. 

“Relaxing, isn’t it?” A familiar voice said.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter