Pretend Couples

Can't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pretend Couples.

 

Yuri turned off the engine of her Audi R8 and stepped outside of her car. Next to her car parked a silver Mercedes Benz sending a rush of faded memories through her head, but couldn't get it. As Yuri walked towards the restaurant she was covering her face to avoid the flashes of cameras from the reporters.

She knew something like this would happen. Every time she would have a company dinner, a mob of reporters will come to get some juicy news. She stepped inside the restaurant and closed the door to make sure the reporters won?t come in, but to her dismay, there were a couple of reporters inside the restaurant ready to snap a picture.

She walked further into the restaurant searching for where her father may be. She took note of that her father rented the restaurant all to themselves for the night since she couldn't find any other customers. 

"Yuri! Over here!" someone called.

Yuri looked over to the source of the voice and found a table filled with middle age women and men and two young looking people. As she got closer she took the last seat that was open next to her father and a doe eyed girl. She looked to her right where the doe eyed girl was and gasped.

"What the?"

But she wasn't looking at the doe eyed since she knew she would be here. She was looking at the young looking man two seats away from her.

"Looks like we meet again Yuri," the young man said.

Yuri decided to not say anything else and caught a glimpse of Yoona. She looks unexpectedly calm, but she could see her hands, which were folded on her lap, shaking. Yuri snuck a hand under the table and held onto Yoona's hand. She knew she shouldn't be doing this since the other girl might've held a grudge on her, but she hope that this would help calm the girl down.

Yoona looked at Yuri with an almost a glare-like expression, but quickly changed into a soft one when she saw Yuri's warm smile. It made her calm all of a sudden. As if her worries were gone, the owner of the hand that was touching her would protect her.

Yuri was actually quite surprised that the doe eyed didn't back away. She kept her composure. She threw one more last look at their intertwined hands and found out that she wasn't shaking anymore.

"I'm glad that everyone could make it today," her father finally said. 

"After this dinner we would have the ceremony of the official bonding of all three companies. I hope this whole celebration goes through without any problems." 

A couple of minutes later, the food were served onto the table. Yuri let go of their intertwined hands and Yoona felt a rush of coldness through her body when she did. 

She wanted that warmth again. 

The warmth that was provided by tanned girl. 

After the dinner and almost everyone was full, Yoona's father decided to make a toast. Everyone stood up with their glass of champagne, waiting for the speech he was going to say.

"A toast, to the success of all three companies. I wish for the best of all of us. May our teamwork rule the world!" He joked on the last sentence.

All of the champagne flutes clanked against each other as the golden liquid were falling off of the flute splashing onto the table. Yuri clanked her flute against Yoona's and smiled at her before taking a sip of her champagne. 

After the toast, everyone headed out towards the middle of the restaurant where the reporters were standing at.

"Thanks for coming everyone," Yuri's father said to the reporters.

A couple of pictures were taken and everyone smiled to the camera. After all of the speech and handshaking which determined the official teamwork between the three companies, photos were taken of the three hands being shaken as they were getting ready to be on tomorrow?s headline. 

After the final handshake, the reporters packed their equipments and headed out the door, but the families remained stayed at the restaurant. The music blasted through the room as a celebration was held to celebrate the three companies' decision to work together. 

"So Yuri, remember what I said last time?" Donghae approached the two.

The three of them were standing by the bar at the side of the room alone as the adults were on the dance stage dancing to a slow song. 

"I wouldn't cause a scene if I were you," Yuri told him.

Donghae chuckled, "Relax. So it seems like you two getting quite intimate huh?"

He looked down at their intertwined hands. 

Yuri and Yoona didn't even notice they interlocked hands. It's as if their hands were magnetic and would automatically be locked to each other. Yoona quickly withdrew her hand from Yuri's hold and placed it against her stomach with her other hand on top of it. 

"You guys aren't really a couple are you?" he continued.

"What makes you say that?" Yuri asked.

"You guys seem more like best friends then couples."

More like a hell relationship. Yuri thought.

She didn't want to think that she was just protecting Yoona that other day just because she was her friend. Or was she? She swung an arm around Yoona's shoulder and brought her closer to her body.

"We're together. What are you talking about?" She said.

Yoona turned to Yuri and whispered, "What the heck are you doing?"

Her lips were grazing against Yuri's ears, sending a tingling sensation down Yuri's spine. She ignored Yoona and tightens her hold and pulled her even closer which caused the girl to hold onto Yuri's waist.

Donghae scoffed, "Yeah right. I bet you anything you girls are putting up an act right now."

Yuri tilted her head and smirked, "Really? What if I can do something that I can prove we are a couple?"

"Show me then," Donghae challenged.

Yuri then backed away from Yoona and looked into her eyes. Yoona's eyes were as cold as ice and glaring at her, but she wasn't affected by it. 

She was never affected by it. 

She tilted Yoona's chin upwards and leaned in closer, aiming for her lips. Yoona stood there stunned. She knew what Yuri was doing and couldn't back away. Just when she was about to, Yuri pressed her lips onto Yoona's softly. Yoona's arms were hanging by her side, eyes wide open and lips slightly parted. Yuri placed a hand behind Yoona's neck and a hand on her waist and pulled her closer to deepen the kiss. 

This feeling. What is it? Yoona has never felt this feeling when she kissed someone. It was a good feeling obviously. She wanted more of this. She needed this. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck and kissed her passionately.

A wave of flash was shone on the couple. The reporters hadn't actually left. They were hiding behind plants to get some juicy stuff since they knew something big would happen. The cameras were snapping taking pictures of the two kissing. Even the adults stopped dancing and looked at the two while the music was still blasting.

Donghae sneered and walked away from the scene.

Apparently, something else was going to be big on the newspaper tomorrow.
 

-*-*-*-*-


After the kissing scene, the reporters finally left. They didn't hide behind fake plants, pillars, or walls anymore. 

Yuri knew she wasn't going to get out the situation without a scolding. Both Yuri and Yoona were outside receiving a long talk from their parents. 

"You kids are still at a young age. You shouldn't be kissing out in the open like that! Do you know how much this will affect the companies' image?" Yuri's father scolded her.

"Dad, we are only... what? Like 21? 22?" Yuri said.

"It doesn't matter what age you are! You kids are still under the company!" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter