Taking Advantages

Can't Let Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking Advantages.

 

“How do you like your new roommate so far?” Tiffany asked her best friend.

They were both outside at the university walking around to get used to the school before starting their classes. They stopped at a bench in front of the infirmary and sat down.

“You’re asking me how I like my new roommate? Fany, she’s Kwon Yuri. The biggest player ever,” Yoona said.

“She’s THE Kwon Yuri?! No wonder Taeyeon said I should be careful around her,” Tiffany said.

“I already don’t like her. She’s probably think I’m going to fall for her tricks.” Yoona scoffed. “So, how about your roommate, THE Kim Taeyeon?” she mocked.

“She’s alright I guess. I don’t see any coldness towards her. I wonder why they say that all over the news and magazines.” 

“They exaggerate.” Yoona sighed and leaned back on the bench with her arms crossed over her chest.

“So, how is your father’s company?” Tiffany switched the subject.

“It’s going well. I’m not working for awhile,” Yoona replied lazily but there was a hint of happiness in her voice because she was not working.

“Do you think Yuri is attractive?” Tiffany asked all of a sudden.

“Eh?” Yoona jolted up from the sudden question.

“Do you—“

“I heard you the first time.” 

“So….”

“I would be lying if I said she wasn’t attractive.” 

“I saw you checking her out.”

“What does that got to do with anything? That’s what I do to every new person I see.”

“People may get the wrong idea, Yoong.”

“So?” Yoona pouted.

“So? Then stop doing it! You’ve been like this ever since he broke up with you….” Tiffany mumbled.

Yoona tensed up but did not say anything. She did not like the mention of her ex-boyfriend breaking up with her for the lamest reason she has ever heard. “You know better than to mention him.” she warned.

“You can’t hide from the truth. You have to get over him Yoona,” Tiffany said in a serious tone. She is not going to give in Yoona’s coldness this time.

Yoona closed her eyes and sighed. It was the first time she has ever heard her best friend calling her by her full name in a long time. She knew Tiffany was serious when she called her by her full name despite being happy-go-lucky all the time.

“I want the old Im Yoona back,” Tiffany whispered.

“I can’t… I can’t get over him….”
 

-*-*-*-*-


A couple days passed as the new school year finally started. The four girls got their new uniforms at the office and wore them on the first day of school.

The uniform jacket was pink and on the edge was white. It had the school’s badge on the left side of the and there were pockets on each side to keep your hands warm. What came with it was a white long sleeved buttoned shirt and a pink tie with patterns on it. They were given a hot pink skirt with three different colors of plaid on it; black, hot pink and a color with both of them mixed. And like the white and pink color rage will not stop, they were given white, knee high socks and pink, high top chucks.

“Damn can this uniform get any more pink and white?” Taeyeon grumbled.

Both Yuri and Taeyeon wore their uniforms the same. The uniform jacket was ed, tie was loosening, and they rolled up their sleeves looking like delinquents. Tiffany had her uniform jacket ed but the rest of her clothing was worn properly.

“PINK! PINK! PINK! PINK!” Taeyeon heard a loud voice said. She stepped outside of her room and saw her roommate jumping like crazy and grinning like a dork.

“Are you… okay?” She was about to say mental, but then she figured that would be too mean to say.

“I LOVE PINK!” Tiffany shouted happily.

“That explains it….” Taeyeon mumbled. She went over to the kitchen and looked for some food.

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asked when she finally stopped jumping.

“I’m going to make breakfast for us. Where are your ingredients?” 

“Umm… I don’t have any… I can’t… cook,” Tiffany said embarrassed.

“What?” Taeyeon looked up from the refrigerator and at Tiffany as if she lost her mind.

“I usually get breakfast at the cafeteria with Yoong,” she confessed.

“You’re kidding me right?” Taeyeon sighed and closed the refrigerator door. “I’m going to cook from now on so you don’t have to go to the cafeteria anymore.”

“Really?” Tiffany grinned from ear to ear.

“If you keep on grinning I’m going to reconsider.”

“Sorry.” Tiffany bowed apologetically.

This girl has her respects. Taeyeon thought.

“But then I’ll leave Yoong going to the cafeteria by herself then….”


“That’s okay. She could come here to eat, or Yuri will probably cook.”

“Yuri can cook?” Tiffany’s eyes sparkled.

Taeyeon gave the same look to her roommate like she did a few minutes ago.

“You say it like you never saw anyone cook before.”

“Well it’s just that I’ve been living alone for two years and I don’t really know how to cook. And I just moved in here a few weeks ago… nothing changed.”

Should I risk it? Taeyeon sighed. “I’ll teach you how to cook.”

Tiffany smiled her eye smile. “Really? Thanks Taeyeon.”

“Well, let’s get going. I’m going to pick up Yuri on the way.” Taeyeon headed for the door while slipping on her chucks.

“Okay, I’ll follow,” Tiffany did the same actions as Taeyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter