One

Fragrance and Fiction

Author's Note:

(edited 4/7/2015) 

Hello, guys. This is the first chapter that has been edited, and there's no change of the plot so don't worry! I would like to tell a few things before you start. 

There'll be background music with this "(x)" kind of mark, and its optional. If you want to listen, you can click on the x mark. Or, in some chapters, it'll be marked with "click for the song", you can click on that too. But please if you do, click it on the new tab

Thank you! Enjoy reading, guys. Here's the first chapter.


(x)

Here I am, four years later.

Applause greeted me as I stood on my stage with guitar. There was always this nerves that made things felt intense for me. I don’t want to fail this.

“Hello, I’m Jane” I greeted the customers with a smile. “And, um. . . I hope that you’re all pleased tonight”

I started with a slow, classic tune from Francesco Tarrega, Lágrima. My conscience was only on my fingers, focused on pressing the right notes and strumming on the right strings. Making harmony by adjusting the right tempo with the notes. People started to enjoy this classic tune. At least they are entertained, and I’m happy. In the end, they applaused once more for my performance.

“We want more!” some of them shouted.

I smiled and replied, “Thank you. Lágrima was the first song, and lets continue with the next song!”

Couples and families that are the customers seemed to enjoy my performance. Guitar is another escapism for me. With music, I express myself and there was no pretention or limits for myself. I could play hours and hours, as if I’m attached to it. Everyone applaused once more, appreciated me a lot more than I expected. I saw my cafe manager, Charles, clapped the loudest. Not to mention the whistling that made him look like my fan or something.

The cafe workers prepared a farewell celebration for me. I bet it was his idea as well. As soon as the customers emptied the cafe, Charles turned the cafe into a pub. Beers and drinks are everywhere, and everyone was having fun. He just happened to be happy, I think.

“Jane, come on!” called my co-workers. “Drink some and have fun!”

I just smiled and sipped the beer, watching Charles and their friends having fun. It feels awkward for me to

“Blimey! It was bloody good, Jane!” Charles, the cafe manager thanked me for my performance, before he handed me some money. “Here” he gave it.

“My last allowance of the day” I said.

“It was good to have you” Charles smiled. “Quickly come here as soon as you come back”

“I will” I nodded. “Thank you, Charles. It was nice working in here”

The clock strikes twelve in the night as I went out from the cafe. However, the lights are all over the place, a proof that London is a city that never sleeps. In these ghostly streets, I walked down after a stroll around London. The last stroll, to be exact.

  Last days in London that I wouldn’t want to last. The manager at the publisher planned to move me to their branch in Seoul, South Korea, as a new editor in there. Paychecks are promised to increase by this transition, and I cannot betray my manager’s orders. Still, London left a place at my heart. It was my escapism, after all that happened.

 

(x)

Streets are just getting darker as I walked along them. The yellow lights made them look obscure and kind of scary. I have to reach my flat as soon as possible. Footsteps were following me behind. I must’ve been wrong, right?

I stopped, and the lampost above me went dead in all of sudden. It was hard to trace back because this alley looks all the same, and my traces are darkened. I’m sure that the lamposts is not made with motion sensor. At the same time, the footsteps behind me stopped. Breath was gasped to the air by two people. No, there were more. I felt cold behind my neck, signaling something that wasn’t good.

My foot walked faster, as the next lampost went dead. The alley looked constant and same, so every turns looked like the same turn I took before. The person behind me didn’t stop. So I tried to run, as my heart beats faster than before. I can’t look back because dark covered my traces, and that stranger following me was creeping out on everything.

But the more I take turns, the deeper I get. None of this leads the way out. I’m getting scared this time, running and running as if I’m running in circles. Or maze. Whatever. There was no way out!

“Oh my god! Sorry!”

I guess I was wrong.

I made it. I made it to the way out. However, I didn’t make it safe. I saw my arm was hurt and found myself fell to the ground.

What I did not expect was someone else who suddenly took my hand and pulled to the side of the alley and covered me with his tall, dark figure. He wasn’t kidnapping me, though. I saw his index finger in front of his lips, telling me to shut up. I couldn’t speak a word, and I heard footsteps. Lots of footsteps. They passed for a few seconds, and I’m praying hard that they’re not recognizing us.

A moment later, he turned his head to check on the condition. Lucky to us that the stranger who chased me didn’t see us hiding, and he went away.

“Ugh, its not her” he sighed, mumbling in Korean as turned back to me. “Are you alright?” he asked in English.

That tall dark figure slowly looked dim from the dark. He looked like he was around his early 20s, with Asian face and his parted-bangs brown hair. His eyes, though, gazing at me sharply.

 “I’m okay!”I exclaimed in fear.

Of course, I have to be okay! Germs, they are everywhere on me now. The fact that I was falling to the ground, probably touching traces of coliform, salmonella or some other bacterias. I panicked and checked my clothes. But, seeing his arms around me and remembered that he took my hand earlier.

“You touched me!” I gasped and pushed him away.

“What?”

“You made me fell to the ground” I started to mention his mistakes. “Then you pulled my hand to hide, and you even breathed in front of my face!”

“That thing I did, Miss” he said. “Its called saving your life. I saw those guys brought daggers and knifes, and they harm much more than I did. You even made your arm bleed”

I turned my elbow, and he was right. That fall was hard and bleed my arm as well.

Then, he tried to volunteer again. “Here, let me–”

“Stop”

“Seriously–”

“I’m serious, too! Please, do step back”

“Look, that was my fault”

“Just step back” I ordered, but he didn’t listen.

“You could get infected!” he took my arm, but I was quick enough so I kicked his left foot.

“Don’t touch me!” I squealed in fear, afraid of more germs from him. Its enough for us, so, lets just go home, shall we?

So, I decided to walk away. At least I’m saved and I need to have some shower. But a few steps later, I suddenly fell down. He was responsive, though, coming along and quickly lifted me who were crouching down to take my broken heel.

“Hey, what are you doing?” I asked him, but he didn’t answer.

“Seriously, cut it out” he muttered. “You’re too wounded to go. And, the broken heel made it worse”

“Let me go” I repeated. “Just put me down and don’t mind me”

“Don’t ask for that”  he replied. “And don’t harm yourself, will you?”

“Just put me down” I insisted. “AH! HEY!”

He suddenly made me feel like sliding down from his back but he quickly crouched and hold me up again. “I told you, don’t ask for that” he said calmly.

How can I not in panic? He’s seriously insane. Is he going to kidnap me or something? I should call 999 if he does. Why he suddenly offered for help? Am I that pitiful or what? Too many questions popped up in my head, as I struggled to get down. But he was too strong and managed to kept me on his back.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“A place that’s quite close” he said.

Then, we stopped at a laundry nearby. He stepped in and greeted an old lady who worked there. The lady saw him as if he’s someone familiar. Finally, he put me down on a bench.

“Stay here”

I couldn’t do anything but calming my nerves with this detergent smell and waiting for him to come up. He left his bag in this place, so he came back with a bag and started pulling out first-aid box.

“You don’t have to do this” I stopped him. “I can do it by myself”

“Why? Germs?” he asked. He sprayed antiseptic sanitizer from his bags to his hands. “See? I’m clean now”

He sat next to me and slowly touched my wounded arm. “Ouch!” I startled in hurt  and slowly raised my arm, looking away. This made him chucked and started to infect my wound, although I can’t stand wounds and blood. “Why are you looking away?” he asked.

“I’m scared” I answered. “I can’t stand blood”

“Then why were you volunteering to infect the wound by yourself?”

“Because you don’t have to help” I looked to his face. “Are you done?”

“Not yet” he smirked, his eyes are glued on me. “By the way, we should stop speaking English. We’re from one country, though”

“What?”

“You’re Korean, right?”

Maljjayo” I answered, looking away from his face. “I don’t even care if you’re Korean”

Seems like he’s done, so I decided to pull back my arm. I don’t want to waste the time, so I have to go home. “I’m not finished yet” he said. In his hand, there were a pair of sneakers. He put it onto my foot, and this time I felt like he’s doing too much.

“I can do it by myself” I said, wearing on those sneakers. “Is this your girlfriend’s?”

“Yeah” he nodded. “My girlfriend whose parents are mine too”

I assumed that was his sister. Done with the sneakers, and I should get going. So I stood up and left. “Thanks” I said, took my heels and went out from the laundry without a word from him.

Stranger, that’s how I should be in front of him.

*

 

I finally reached my apartment by midnight.

After a hot shower to clean up myself, I decided to went straight to sleep. But a call was distracting me. Who the heck call me in midnight?

“Hello?”

Yeoboseyo?

“Hey. Its been a long time”

It is

“How is it with the manager? Are they waiting for me?”

Yeah. You should quickly come

“You know that I hated that place”

You’re not hating that place, you’re just hating on what was happened in there

“Memories linger. I can’t forget that”

Oh come on. I was excited for this! We’re going to have fun, okay?

“I’ll give a try”

Good. Its 9 AM in here, so it must be midnight at London. Better get some beauty sleep and quickly come here

It was pretty quick call, which made me reluctant to end this call. “Wait. Hey, can I ask you something?”

Well that sounds rhetorical. Okay, what?

I remembered that moment that just happened. That guy, with that strong gaze and his strong-willing selfless side that helped me. The guy who happened to be a Korean and helped me with my wounds, exchanging my broken heels to a pair of sneakers.

“If a guy was insistently helping me” I asked. “And looked into my eyes for a long time, what kind of guy do you think he is?”

Well, maybe he felt guilty for you” I got a reply. “Its not like he’s pitying you. But if you’re on his shoes, think about it. A girl broke her heel, do you think its good to walk barefoot? Besides, you’re afraid of germs

Looking back to what happened, he was right on one point. I don’t have to walk barefoot and infect the wounds by myself. But he didn’t really have to do that.

And the gaze? Seems like he won’t gonna forget you

“What?”

Jane, its true

“Seriously, why?”

Because you need a boyfriend

Boyfriend. The last thing I wanted is some guy who cared to me. Love was making me fall and shattered to pieces, why even bother find a new one? Besides, a stranger is a stranger. He’s Korean, but the chance to meet again is just too tiny.

A sleep is what I need now.

So, I closed my eyes and slowly I fell asleep because of the exhaustion I had today. I smelled the scent of the covers once more and sleep.

But there was this nightmare.

The guy that helped me somehow appeared in my dreams. He held my hand and looked at me, as I found ourselves in the laundry. Then there was a quick transition and changed everything that I just saw. He still held my hand, but now we’re running, not sure of what we were running from.

Run away with me

The scene then changed to something different. I was tripped and fell into the water. It was dark with some shade of blue, and I started to swim. There was a car nearby, drowning into this water. I swam closer, and saw his face, looking at me. His hand was on the steer, and his eyes was begging at me. He was locked in the car. I wanted to go and help him. But, something caught on my feet. Something strong pulled me and made me drowned and out of breath. My eyes slowly had a blackout. He was the last thing that I saw, slowly closing his eyes as I closed mine.

Isn’t it weird that I’m dreaming of him? But whatever it is, I felt a strong conclusion for this.

Something bad is gonna happen to him.

*

Okay, its getting worse.

That guy from last night? He kept lingering in my head. I can’t even not steal a glance to those shoes. It was weirdly fit on me, although I’m sure his feet is much bigger and wider than mine.

Are you alright?

I decided to take a closer look on those shoes. “Oh my god!” I covered my nose. I just realized that they were so dirty. Boys and horrible odors, seriously. I need to get my mask and gloves, and start washing these shoes. Also, mop the floor to clean up the dirty traces.

            Being clean and tidy is always my style. I can’t stand blood and germs, appearing everywhere and ready to harm me. Some said that I’m having that obsessive compulsive disorder. Why bother giving scientific names to a healthy lifestyle? I hate those kind of stereotypes.

And this pair of shoes. It should be returned to the owner. There’s no much use for me, though, so finding him would be a better way for this. I just have to wash it to pay off for what he did.

Another thing that you should know is that routinity is what I need to build a constand and organized life. Waking up at 6, having breakfast and showering afterwards at the right schedule and doing some clean up is my routinity. Plus, washing this pair of shoes as a new chore for today. One more hour before the postman’s arrival, so I quickly wash the shoes and then hang them up under the sunlight.

The postman arrived on the estimated time, delivering my last packages and letters, and confirming that I’m no longer receiving them starting by tomorrow. There were lots of things, such as my farewell gifts – although I don’t need one – and some other stuff. Also, there was this package. It was wrapped in a green polkadot wrapping paper, with a white bow on the top. But it wasn’t my package. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked to the name of the owner.

Kim Jongin

95D Stamford Street

London SE1 9NN, UK

"Wait! Sir!"

I quickly rushed out of the room to find him, hoping that I'll still get some chance to return this package. 

"Sir! Its a wrong..."

But too bad, he was gone when I stepped out from the doorway.

"Package"

Maybe he's going to another floor. I knew that he always started delivery from the highest floor, and since my flat is on the highest floor, I started to grab my gloves and check him out on every floor. There was no sign of him, but then I found the delivery truck already left the flat at the parking lot. 

"Hey! Wait!"

I chased the delivery truck but he was too fast, so I came back after a few blocks. I'm not giving up yet, so I checked on the security room to put this wrong package, but the room was locked. 

I sighed.

Two more days before my departure and I have to run around the flat for this wrong package. It still can be returned, though. Maybe I should go to the post office. Or even better, this address. Its must have been around here in London, so I won't go too far.

But first, let me take a shower.

 

*

"Hello?"

"Jane" it was Henry, a senior announcer at my office. "Can you drop by at the office at 11? We still got some things to work out"

"What?" I wasn't focused. "Oh, I thought it was done. The immigration, it was much easier because I'm Korean. And my job is to host on a their Heart Radio's music program-"

"Apparently, there was a change in your job description" Henry said. "Come to the office, and I'll explain everything"

"Alright" I nodded. That means there's one distraction left. Work is work, so I went to the office.

"So, its more than hosting a music show?" I went straight to the point the moment I reached the office. Henry was startled and clapped his hands in satisfaction. "There you are! Have a seat"

I sat down, wondering what it could be. Am I writing my own script? Or maybe I'll be promoted by the time I went to Seoul? Thinking about all of this makes me feel giddy somehow.

"You remember that late night radio show that you co-directed with Louis Stephenson?" he asked. "You see, our Heart Radio in Seoul is planning a new midnight show, and we're in a long discussion about who should be our project director"

"And?"

"We thought that you're suitable to direct this" he said. "You'll also host this show. Its called Late Night Stroll, a midnight music show for those who are on their way home"

I was taken aback for not being told about this. "I dont understand, Henry" I said. "Why me? Shouldn't it be hosted by a Korean artist or something? I mean, I'm not even anyone"

"About that? Don't worry, Jane" Henry smiled, reassuring me that everything is is under control. "I've assigned you with a Korean model who's been recently has been a hot topic for netizens"

"Are you sure about this?" I replied. "Yeah if that kind of person is my partner, then why bother adding me to be the host?"

"He's new, so you can guide him just like what happened to you when you first came in" he said. "Besides, since you're off from the office... People kept contacting us from the moment you stepped out of the office, asking you for an interview"

"What? Why are they looking for me?" I asked. I never thought I was that eligible to be interviewed. I'm not even a celebrity, why would people call the office and trying to find me?

"You see, our radio not only works on radio" he explained. "You forgot that people streamed to our station online, right? Maybe Elizabeth is replacing your place now, but she's not as famous as you who interviewed artists like One Direction, Rita Ora, and people that made our Heart Radio rose to the top! They recognized your Korean face online, and netizens kept talking about you!"

"Okay, still, I'm not that famous" I cut him off before he gets overwhelmed. "What you told me yesterday was that I'm hosting an afternoon music show. And now, there's some major, I mean huge major changes!"

"Look, I'm sorry for not telling you earlier" he said. "The manager in Korea just told me, Jane, and this is a huge chance for us and you! I've seen the details for the salary and its nothing compared to what I gave to you! So, what do you say?"

This is something new for me. I did have some experience on music shows, but I enjoyed reporting news rather than hosting a music show and do interviews on the entertainment industry. But sometimes, sticking too long to something can be boring

A little new experience is never wrong, right?

 

*

 

Kim Jongin's apartment is located near Waterloo Train Station. Its hard to trust the GPS, since GPS made me lost and went to the wrong apartment. About more than ten people that I asked, trying to find that address. The apartment is also quite old too, they even announced that there will a power outage today. This apartment is just way behind in technology.

I knocked the door, feeling nervous. What does he looked like? And its kind of rare to find a a Korean in here. 

"Hello? Kim Jongin-ssi?" I asked in Korean, but there was no answer. Maybe he wasn't here. I just have to put down this package and gone.

But when I'm about to do it, something was coming to me. Its a small, fluffy, white creature. I turned my head and that creature, well, it was so close to me.

Its a dog.

I slowly stood up, before it barked again. I looked at him in focus, trying not to make him react. But then, it jumped and barked at me.

"Woof woof!"

"AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

How can I not get scared? Dogs have a bunch of bacteries like salmonella, toxocara, and can cause lots of diseases like oral damage, heart and kidney disease! And I can't stand the smell of the dog, seems like he just pooped. I ran as fast as I can, but the dog was quite fast to go after me, who just got wounded yesterday. The wound slow me down and made it worse. I have to run as far as I can. 

Seriously, where is his owner? And how can he run so fast with that fluffy, curly, white fur, and that tiny body? 

"AAAHH!! Go away from me!"

I started to speed up when I feel its saliva just got to my skin. I ran down the stairs and went into the elevator. Damn, it was an old elevator. I got in and press the close button quite hard, so that the dog cant reach me. Thank god, I got in on time, and breathed for a while inside. 

Goodbye, doggie.

So I pressed the ground floor and just gonna wait. But strangely, the elevator didn't work. The elevator just stopped and did nothing. When I pressed the open button and it didn't work, I realized  that the elevator was jammed.

"Oh no! Help!"

I pressed the emergency button, but it got jammed and didn't work. Then, that notice suddenly recalled into my mind.

 

Power Outage today.

 

"Oh my god!" I gasped.

"Help! Somebody! Help me!" I stood up and banged the door, but  there was no answer.

I shrugged down and sighed. Sweats rose up and washing down my body, giving me some heat. The elevator was as cold as ice, since it was winter. I fished out my perfume and started to spray it to the air to calm my nerves. 

I never thought that I'd be stuck in the elevator today. Due to the power outage, I have to stay here for a while. "It won't be long" I mumbled. "I won't die and suffocate here. It won't be long"

For some time, I just sat and waited for the electricity to turn up. I sprayed the perfume again and again so I can breathe well. Slowly, my eyes started to get heavy.

"Jane-ah"

I knew that voice. In all of sudden, warmth creeps into my body, feeling light and warm. I looked up to see him, who's now crouching down.

 

(x)

 

"Jane-ah" he looked around and smiled. "Its good to see you"

"Oppa” I gasped. “Junmyeon-oppa, where have you been?”

He sat right beside me, reminding me how imaginative it was. Kim Junmyeon, my boyfriend who was supposed to be dead a few years ago. But it didn’t meant that I want to believe that. I never lied to myself, knowing that I still feel those butterflies inside me, that hard beating of my heart, that light and warm feeling that always made me feel safe. Although it didn’t make sense of how he got here.

At least it wasn’t that bastard who came.

Junmyeon ruffled my hair and smiled. “I saw you’re here alone” he said. “So I decided to came”

“I was always alone, I guess” I sighed. “Even you admitted that”

With him, I always remember the good times. When I was in love a long time ago, but now its just feels bitter to realize this loss. He didn’t realize that he was the reason that I’m always alone. I decided to be alone and I never get bothered because of it.

“Oppa” I called him again. “You always tell me stories. Can you tell me one?”

“You’re late, Oppa”

It wasn’t his first time to be late for the date. But it was something typical for us. Bubbletea in Friday afternoon, studying together while deciding where should we go for weekends. Junmyeon looked like he just woke up.

“I’m so sorry, baby” he smiled, begging for apology. “I was sleeping”

He was about to take the bubbletea that I bought for him, but he was too slow for my hands. I snatched it away and smiled, “Hey, don’t take that!” he protested.

“Nah, I’m really thirsty, so two bubble teas for me” I joked. “Unless if you tell me a story, maybe I’ll give this bubble tea for you”

Junmyeon laughed. “I haven’t got one” he bade. “So, should I do an aegyo instead?”

“You know I don’t fall for aegyos” I smiled. “One story, then I’ll pay you with this bubbletea”

“Okay” he cleared his throat. “So there was this one girl, she’s younger than me and goes to the same campus with me”

“Whoa, you’re seeing another girl?”

“No!” he quickly squealed in denial. “You have to listen until I finished. So this girl likes studying and she likes reading a lot. And a guitar, well, her playing guitar is one of her best charms. I really like how she played the guitar, and made me fell for her. She’s cold, but once you get closer, she’s just so comfortable and fun. The best thing from her is her strength. I just loved how she always willing to be strong and not to be shaken by anything. How can I not loved her?”

“Wait” I felt something strange about this story. “This girl... its me, right?”

“Pabo” he chuckled. “Who else do you think? Of course its Jane Lee!”

I gave him the bubble tea and laughed together. Maybe it was simple like a mother told a bedtime story to her child, but the way he did it made me feel special.

Junmyeon thought for a second, then he looked at me and smiled. “Fine. I’ll tell you one” he started.

“There was this guy, a very good friend of mine” he started. “He’s younger than me, and even you. But he was like a little brother to me. I loved him like that, like a brother. Since our families know each other, we played together”

I never heard he told stories about his friend, especially this one. Maybe he had, but I can’t remember. But somehow, this person he told me is just getting more interesting as it goes.

 “He’s very playful and kind of a dork sometimes, but girls always like him because he looked cool just like you. He also likes reading books like you, and has some sort of this weird but good skill when it comes to writing stories. I think he did better than mine”

He must be really special to Junmyeon.

“He got my back” he smiled. “Even until the end”

I gasped. He saw Junmyeon, my long lost boyfriend, at his last times.

“You know what did I tell him at the last time we met?”

“What? Thank you?” I guessed.

“I told him, ‘I’m sorry. I can’t find a girl for you’” he said. “He’s really kind, and I wish he could find a girl. It wasn’t easy, although there were so many girls around him”

“I’m sure he’ll find one” I said, reassuring his concerns.

There was a long silence, but he was in his deep thoughts. Then he looked at me, removing a strand of my hair to the back of my ears.

"If you see him" he slowly said. "Will you please look after him? For me?"

It took a long time for me to answer. Who was this guy he was talking about?  What was he expect from and this guy? He was just someone else, who I dont know.

"You've met him before"

For a second, I might think that Junmyeon was lying. I hope he wasn't, but maybe I just have to do it since he's giving me this favor.

"Okay" I muttered.

"I'm sorry, Jane-ah" he said. "I know I just said something that you don't understand. Somehow, I have this feeling that you two are meeting again"

Then, we were back again in a long silence. Junmyeon was in deep thoughts, recalling his long-time friend and I, who had no idea, trying to swallow his words. He's indirectly made me promise to find him. At some point, he was putting love and friendship at the same time. If he made it out alive that day, he would've find his friend and do things that he should've done. 

"Oppa" I called him. "I didn't know, that you have that kind of friend. What's his name anyway?"

"His name?" he turned his head to me. "Its-"

"Woof! Woof Woof!"

I started to stood up, feeling horror of that dog voice. That dog, who just chased me. He didn't leave me, and he kept barking.

"Stop it! You're scaring me!" 

But there was no use. The dog kept barking, even started to scratch the elevator door. 

"Monggu! Hey! What are you doing here?"

I sighed in relief. Finally, his owner came. Realizing that its my chance to scream for help, I moved closer and banged the door.

"HELP! I'M STUCK! PLEASE HELP ME!"

"Whoa, wait there" he reacted, trying to help. "Monggu, so this is why you barked and scratched the elevator? What a good boy you are! You saved someone's life!"

God, he didn't know that the real danger wasn't the power outage but that little rusty punk that he just praised. He should teach a dog to not bother strangers. 

"Ding!"

Just when he praised that rusty dog, the power suddenly went back. The elevator is back on power, finally. It opened, revealing that naughty dog and his owner. 

It was that guy.

Suddenly, the smell of laundry and fragments of last night's scene recalled in my head. Now, he's in a clear image. Black v-neck, tight jeans, tan skin, perm hair and that Korean face that looked surprised. I saw his arms tightened, holding on that naughty dog. But the dog reacted first.

"Woof! Woof!"

He struggled from his owner and horror starts to creep in. I quickly pressed on the close button, hoping that the dog couldn't jump in.

"Monggu! Hey, stop! You're scaring her!" he quickly picked up his dog who just jumped from his arms. But he couldn't believe his eyes. As soon as he realizes it, he smirked at me just right before the door closed.

That smirk.

Now, I'm thinking that he sent off that dog to find me.